Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So about 100 THPers will be receiving the Polara 2 Piece Ultimate Straight & 3 Piece Ultimate Straight XS this week in for golf ball testing and we wanted to kick off the testing thread with some information.

The Polara Golf Balls are a self correcting golf ball intended to help you hit more fairways by correcting your misses.

http://polaragolf.com/

Each of you will be receiving both golf balls along with instructions on how to properly use them to see maximum benefits.

This thread will serve as your journal as you test out the golf balls and update the THP forum with feedback through words, pictures and videos as you test the golf ball out.

Happy Testing and we look forward to your feedback.

Be interesting to see how these would work with Game Improving Clubs

definitely has me intrigued...a ball that includes instructions on how to use it for maximum results? very cool
"self correcting technology" sounds pretty interesting.

do you wanna send some to Ireland. i will test them in some of the windiest conditions going :D

hmmm, interesting balls

"The Polara Golf Balls are a self correcting golf ball intended to help you hit more fairways by correcting your misses."

If it'll improve my 4/14 fairways hit mark where can I buy Polara stock? :clap:

I'm very interested, I can't wait to test them.

This will be extremely interesting, eye opening I hope. I'm looking forward to this.

so the video is HILARIOUS!!! I am gonna have to implement a lift, clean, and replace with the arrow at my target rule now

if these things work as advertised I will definitely keep some in the bag for the Champions course at PGA National.

I'm really excited about this one. I have never heard of this ball before. I went to the site and watched the video of how it works. Point and bombs away. First question I had was answered in the FAQ's as well. Lots of great information on that site.

The prospect of reducing the effects of hooks and slices is very promising. Thank you so much THP and Polara!!!!

Interesting concept. According to the website they aren't legal for tournament play so perhaps there is something to the technology. I've hit those non-conforming balls that are made for distance and they definitely work.

I think I can grasp it. My guess is that the dimples promote spin a certain way by not being perfectly shaped, so if you hit a hook, set the dimples up one way, slice-the other way.

I was thinking the exact same thing haha.

if these things work as advertised I will definitely keep some in the bag for the Champions course at PGA National.

Lol. Right there with you buddy. I'm just going over in my head, the strokes I would've saved the last round with this ball.

so the video is HILARIOUS!!! I am gonna have to implement a lift, clean, and replace with the arrow at my target rule now

It's official.....I'm intrigued! I struggle with a fade off the tee and cannot wait to try these golf balls out. Hope they work.

Are they legal? Like for tournament play if for some reason someone wanted to use them?

Be interesting to test these. Polara's claim is that their technology can reduce hooks and slices by as much as 75%. They have a three dimple pattern: shallow dimples for lower lift and optimal spin axis, small dimples that inhibits side spin, and deep dimples to reduce drag and enhance weight distribution.

The balls come with instructions as to how use them. Information is also on each sleeve of balls. What's really interesting to me is the side stamp arrow. To correct a hook or slice you are advised to point the side stamp arrow at your target. If the side stamp is aligned any other way, the ball acts like a regular golf ball.

To maximize stopping power of either the Polara 2 Piece Ultimate Straight & 3 Piece Ultimate Straight XS you would align the side stamp arrow perpendicular to your target.

I'll have to do some research to see if I can find the answer to "how does the golf ball know which direction the side stamp arrow is pointing in?"

Off to the course to do a little testing. I'll update later this evening.

Very interesting. I have never heard of them. I wonder how they will work around the green?

This is a good company and I am glad they are taking part in Forum testing. I sold the previous version Polara balls last year and they were a big hit. I haven't reordered the new ones yet, so I will be watching this thread to see everyone's thoughts.

I'm already thinking of ways to test this, like trying to cut or hook across the ball. Distance tests, even one test where a buddy plays one, (he slices like crazy, lol).

Are they legal? Like for tournament play if for some reason someone wanted to use them?

I don't think they are legal for tournament play. One of their quotes is "even the USGA say Polara balls give golfers an advantage".
They say the ball is "for those who want to enjoy the game more. That's all."

Whoooo.....hit more fairways :clapp: YAY!!!

This is definitely interesting and I am looking forward to the testing.

Back