Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

They are asymmetrical dimple patterns (like asymmetric tires) that should help promote perfectly vertical spin, and not side spin. After reading there descriptions, it mitigates side spin in either direction so long as you orient the "equator" in the direction you are expecting to hit.

Flat/shallow dimples on the middle, and then progressively bigger/deeper dimples the further you get from the mid line.

My big question is about distance. I believe that they will keep my drives somewhat straighter (heck the e6 does it and it isn't this tech advanced) but will it cost me 20 yards off the tee?

Also- I can't use it in any handicap rounds, so that makes it somewhat less useful, but I am still looking forward to giving these a good testing. I'll also be giving a few of these out to my playing partners who really struggle with a slice to see what they think too!

If this ball does as advertised I have a feeling I will only need 1 sleeve of balls for the rest of the golf season

I'm really excited about this one. I have never heard of this ball before. I went to the site and watched the video of how it works. Point and bombs away. First question I had was answered in the FAQ's as well. Lots of great information on that site.

The prospect of reducing the effects of hooks and slices is very promising. Thank you so much THP and Polara!!!!

+1. The site answered all of my questions. If this truly works this can give the casual golfer much more enjoyment and therefore increase the number of glfers playing rounds out there.

I'm already thinking of ways to test this, like trying to cut or hook across the ball. Distance tests, even one test where a buddy plays one, (he slices like crazy, lol).

I'm curious to see how this does with my draw swing. I know I produce a lot of spin and hopefully I won't see pushes. I got my friend who slices that'll give me a second set of eyes on this one as well.

Another thing I'd like to add is that the price point on these balls are average with the rest of the mid level balls out there that might cater to it's target demographic. Great to see that a piece of tech won't have to cost extra.

Wow! I saw these at the Denver Golf Expo! Now, I will get a chance to test them! This is exciting, I can't wait to receive them.

Just read through and looked at the video on their site. Very interesting concept - can't wait to see how it actually performs. I am fairly straight with everything except the driver (slicer) so it will be very easy to figure out how well they perform to the claim.

Thanks again for doing this THP and to Polara golf for giving us the opportunity!

These should be very interesting, can't wait to see how they perform!

I havent seen it stated here enough for my liking...

Thank you Polara for organizing this and giving a bunch of hackers (who NEED your product) a chance to talk about tech and change their game! It is wonderfully gracious of you!

Definitely has me very interested to test these out. I never even knew these types of ball existed. If these work as well as their site says, I think they would be great for getting more people into the sport.

So Polara is the company. This looks to be very interesting and I am betting this is going to be a very fun thread. Good luck to all the testers

this should be very interesting but to be honest, i have my doubts that it works as well as advertised. i'm definately interested to see what people have to say about them though...

sounds cool. Hope it's true! I'm curious how they putt/roll?? Do the different dimples provide an uneven roll?

sounds cool. Hope it's true! I'm curious how they putt/roll?? Do the different dimples provide an uneven roll?

The website says that they roll normally for putts which makes sense (at least to me). Dimples are there for aerodynamics so putts wouldn't be affected on that front since they are just rolling on the ground.

This is an interesting concept and I also appreciate Polara sending so many to THP for testing.

Thanks THP and Polara for allowing us to test these products and giving our thoughts.

Hmmm. Too bad the are non conforming. I had planned on using the new ball in a tournament this weekend. Puts a bit of a wrench in my plan. HAHA I am intrigued to see if they work. Thanks to Polara and THP for the opprtunity.

Can't wait to test them out. My first thought when reading about the balls is does the ball work differently based on how you tee it up, dimple orientation-wise. But that doesn't make much sense as you would be at the mercy of chance when the ball is lying in the rough and fairways..

Can't wait to test them out. My first thought when reading about the balls is does the ball work differently based on how you tee it up, dimple orientation-wise. But that doesn't make much sense as you would be at the mercy of chance when the ball is lying in the rough and fairways..

That is a good question, from reading their website I think the concept is fine off the tee but you would have to adjust the ball prior to playing it from the fairway, etc to get the intended affect.

Really looking forward to playing these and seeing if the technology works, have to go out by myself as I usually play with a group and I wont use this ball because we gamble. Im sure they would never know but it would bother me.

Anxious to see what these will do. Will be bummed if they work well tho since they are non conforming. Does anyone know if they are being tested by the USGA to be comforming at some point or will they always be a "fun round" only ball?

Awsome!! I saw these last weekend at the Indy Golf Show. I was very interested in these. I talked to the guys behind the booth for a bit and my 3 year old got like 50 tees from them. I can't wait to get these out on the course.

If this ball does as advertised I have a feeling I will only need 1 sleeve of balls for the rest of the golf season

Haha, that's what I was thinking too. If they work like they say, I can't see myself losing them very often... well maybe the Bear Trap, but otherwise this sounds pretty fun. I figure I can be like a mini infomercial when I get paired up with banana ball hitters. I'll give them the magic ball and video the look on their faces after they swing (it it indeed works like they claim).

Wow I leave my desk for a couple of hours and I see this. What a great concept and I have to admit I had never heard of this company before and I'm really excited about hitting both of these balls. If they work as advertised I will be very excited to add these to my bag.

I for one am humbled to test a smaller manufacturers golf ball. I am intrigued, to say the least, and cannot wait to hit them on the simulators.

Once again thanks polara and THP for the opportunity to test these!

Tap before talk.

Awesome, i cant wait to test these, i was hoping it was a smaller company i have never played before.

Excellent.

Way back when, I think there were balls with Asymetrical dimples, which caused straight flight. They were banned. A revival of sorts?

This is going to be fun! I look forward to seeing if can raise a few eyebrows on the locals. Thanks to THP & Polara for this great opportunity to play this ball. It will be a blast to review this product.

Back