Just Joined an Am Tour - Any Wisdom?

BDoubleG

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all!

So I was really excited about trying to get in on the Morgan Cup when it was announced, but then I figured "I don't have the game for it", but then I thought "sure I do"...then I had no idea whether I do or not.

Soooo, I've decided to put it to the test! I've joined a local amateur tour (GTA Amateur Tour in Ontario if anyone is curious) and will probably play 3-4 events. I'm a student, and many of the events are on Mondays or Tuesdays, so I'm limited as to when I can play, but I'd like to see how I stack up under pressure, when something's on the line. I did play in a number of small junior events when I was young at my local CC, but this seems so much more legit!

I've decided I won't be attempting make like 55 posts/day to register for the Morgan Cup, as I don't really want to look like a massive tool with no competitive experience should I make it through.

With that said, I wish the best of luck to whoever does get in!!

Anyone remember their first competitive experience? How did it go?

Thanks!

My first real competetive experience was the "Greater Denver Junior Golf Tournament" when I was 13. I shot 101 my first day, which put me in 1st place in the 2nd flight. Day two, I shot a 100, dropped to 3rd in the flight. But I got a trophy and that was my first ever real competition. I've only ever played in a couple golf leagues put together by folks I work with since then, but I too am interested in joining an Am Tour of sorts but my plan is to take this year more seriously, establish a handicap and then see where i stand!

My goal is to play once a week, though thats been a goal for a long time that has never come to fruition for me. I think this time it might happen. We'll see.

Back