Spin Doctor Wedge

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
The Polara Golf balls got me thinking about this. Has anyone tried the spin doctor wedges? I would personally never play them as I play in some junior tournaments and I don't think spin is super important, but I am curious to see if they work. So, has anyone tried them? Thoughts?

I had a friend who bought one just for fun. Played with it a bit but found it to be just completely cheating. I never spin the ball back but rather get my shots to one hop stop most of the time. This wedge caused me to spin the ball back a good 15 feet with every shot. Just not fair IMO

PS. I'm pretty sure its not legal either.

I had a friend who bought one just for fun. Played with it a bit but found it to be just completely cheating. I never spin the ball back but rather get my shots to one hop stop most of the time. This wedge caused me to spin the ball back a good 15 feet with every shot. Just not fair IMO

PS. I'm pretty sure its not legal either.

I knew it wasn't legal lol. That's why I said I'd never buy one. But it is interesting that it actually works as advertised.

they're not legal and they do work..... at first. This old man's got one in the employee league i play in. It's comptetitive but some of the older guys just play for fun. I asked him about his wedge and he said the face was like sand paper at first. The first month he was tearing ball covers off left and right. Then it wore down and "became like every other wedge after that" his words not mine.

Back