What Tournaments are THPer's going to see?

My 2 regular tournaments that I go to see every year are the Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio, and the BMW Championship in Chicago. This year I think I'm gonna try to go see the WGC tournament at Firestone because I've always wanted to visit that course. My uncle is a caddy on tour so I always get free badges to get in and out of the clubhouse and even on the practice facilities when golfers are warming up! It is always a great experience! Last year my uncle was not caddying at the memorial so he hooked me up with another caddy to get the badges from. Lo and behold, we showed up at the hotel and there is Steve Stricker and his caddy there waiting for us to give us our badges! Talk about awesome!

Senior Tour Boeing Classic. Amazing to watch in person. They just throw darts at the green.

Can't wait for the US Open in 2015 at Chambers Bay. Have played there a few times and that course ate me up. Interested to see how the pros do there.

Hopefully some of the Masters. It's a contest for work so who knows how it will play out!

The WBC Nationwide open?......I don't make it out to golf tourneys much, but this is in the same town I live in. So I sometimes mosey that way :)

No PGA tour events for me (wrong side of the pond bro) but I might go see the ET event at Bro Hof in Stockholm. There's a theoretical possibility of me playing it, but if my sched fits I might go see what the fuss is all about.

Tavistock Cup is the only one on the schedule for me this year.

Might get to see the st jude classic. I didn't get to last year, but my dad got tickets. I was out of town unfortuanately. I have seen it a couple times in recent years.

I am a huge Indianapolis Colts fan and I try to go to about 4-5 games a year, including playoffs. Although golf is a much quieter sport, I don't know which one I like going to see in person between golf and the Colts. Both are fun because it is AMAZING what kind of skills all these professionals have. Seeing pro golfers play on these beautiful courses is such a great experience. Its like enjoying a great sport while enjoying nature at the same time because the courses are so gorgeous...it just makes me jealous that I will never get to play them because they are so private lol.

I'm probably going to go to the Champions Tour SAS tourney.

.. and will be attending Pro-Am day at the Kia Classic in a few weeks :clapp:

I'm looking forward to several LPGA events - the Kia (will meet up with Golf Chick), then the Kraft the following week.
The Safeway Classic in Portland, Oregon is on our list.
The last event of the Schwab Cup is here in San Fran and I'll be helping with that.

I'm looking forward to several LPGA events - the Kia (will meet up with Golf Chick), then the Kraft the following week.
The Safeway Classic in Portland, Oregon is on our list.
The last event of the Schwab Cup is here in San Fran and I'll be helping with that.

I hope you find time to for your write ups. I love those.

Kevin

Count me in for the Memorial in Columbus and also the Chiquita Nationwide event in Cincy. 50.50 chance of the senior pga in L'ville too

I used to go to Firestone every year as a kid when it was the World Series of Golf. I love Firestone South and have been lucky enough to play it once, but havent been back to Firestone since Tiger won in the dark. They moved the tourney up a few weeks several years back and the early august date seems to conflict with a wedding or bacehlor party every year.

I asked my wife if we could start our honeymoon there 2 years ago; the look was priceless. Somehow driving 4 hours north to Akron, OH the morning after our wedding wasnt how she imagined starting her honeymoon growing up as a girl.

Last edited:
Masters and maybe the Heritage.

I hope you find time to for your write ups. I love those.

Kevin

Thank you. I hope to make some posts - it's just going to depend on how much time and enegery I'll have left at the end of the day.

Re: the Kia - I'm a volunteer and they've got me at player check-in, scoring tents and scoring control - seems they're a bit short of experienced folks. :wink:
Just spectating at the Kraft and the Safeway, so it's more likely I'll post then.
Re: the Schwab - I'm helping again, but it's ridiculously close to home so I'll likely post then, too.

The Barclays @ Plainfield Country Club.

I always go to the Cox Classic on the nationwide tour, a great event to watch and walk!

Thank you. I hope to make some posts - it's just going to depend on how much time and enegery I'll have left at the end of the day.

Re: the Kia - I'm a volunteer and they've got me at player check-in, scoring tents and scoring control - seems they're a bit short of experienced folks. :wink:
Just spectating at the Kraft and the Safeway, so it's more likely I'll post then.
Re: the Schwab - I'm helping again, but it's ridiculously close to home so I'll likely post then, too.

Thanks, Ricey. Will keep my eyes open.

Kevin

The Masters, practice round Tuesday. And the PGA Championship at Atlanta Athletic Club. Two majors in GA this year!

Im Going to Transitions next week. First event for me. Looking forward to it

Im Going to Transitions next week. First event for me. Looking forward to it

It's a fun tournament. They have a package for two with two rounds on Copperhead if you haven't bought tickets yet. It's a great course to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wachiovia/Quail Hollow/ and now recently re-named Wells Fargo Championship in Charlotte, NC.......it's a gorgeous course and wonderfully run tourney!

I'll be watching the senior's bat it around Valhalla later this year.

I see this is a really old thread but it seems the right place to post this. My tickets arrived today for the Travelers' Championship in June. This will be my first time attending a competitive round at a Tour event. I'm thrilled!

Bubba will be there.

I also have a ticket for the pro-am day, when you're allowed to bring a camera. I'll take a ton of pictures and post the good ones for THP'ers.

Ken

Back