TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Hey biggsy did you order the PX straight through PX with R11 graphics, im wondering where to get one of the tour shafts with R11 graphics

One is the standard PX offering in R11 TP, the other is a 6A3 tour shaft for the driver (same in my superfast). I don't know where to get the r11 graphics but was told through custom dept from true temper...I think I'm going to research that this week.

One is the standard PX offering in R11 TP, the other is a 6A3 tour shaft for the driver (same in my superfast). I don't know where to get the r11 graphics but was told through custom dept from true temper...I think I'm going to research that this week.

cool thanks, i wasnt sure if us non pro golfers could order a custom tour shaft through them or not lol

Hi folks,
I played my 5th and 6th round with my R11 this weekend and the more that I play with this club the better it performs and the more that I love it. This is by far the best driver that I have ever hit. My scores were 79 & 76. I loved my supertri TP but this R11 is absolutely awesome. I am sure that getting properly fitted for this club helped but I am hitting more fairways then ever. I have the Matrix Ozik HD6 stiff shaft in the R11. Out of my 2 rounds this weekend, all my drives were either in the fairway or stayed in the rough, inside the tree line. I was not on the woods once in my 2 rounds this weekend. My misses are getting more than adequate distance while my sweet spot hits are taking off with a baby draw. On Saturday, I hit a drive of 306 total yards in the middle of the fairway and on the first hole today with no driving range, the total distance was 276 in the fairway of a tight driving hole. On both days, the temperature was in the low 50's. Can't wait to see what happens in summertime temps ..lol. After playing 6 rounds with my new R11 I absolutely love the sound it makes. My supertri sounded like an aluminum baseball bat and my R11 sounds like a wooden baseball bat. It’s probably the best way that I can describe the sound to someone. My 3 wood and hybrids should be in this week and I can’t wait.

Great rounds with the R11 this weekend. I've gone from pondering mode to getting one mode. Thought about what shaft I wanted to go with and settled on the Fubuki Alpha 70. Hopefully it's here this week.

I look forward to updating this thread often.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

cool thanks, i wasnt sure if us non pro golfers could order a custom tour shaft through them or not lol

I was told the tour shafts aren't available for retail. I'm going to do a little more digging to see what I can find out. If this ends up being too much about the shaft, I'll post info over on my PX thread.

I'm gonna get my R11 on soon too. Going with the 10.5 degree but with a Diamana Ahina X for low spin, low launch...

Again, going to be interesting to see how it performs against my R9 head to head, which was giving me really good numbers on the Golfsmith monitor I got to sneak on after my golftec lesson for about 15 swings.

I'm gonna get my R11 on soon too. Going with the 10.5 degree but with a Diamana Ahina X for low spin, low launch...

Again, going to be interesting to see how it performs against my R9 head to head, which was giving me really good numbers on the Golfsmith monitor I got to sneak on after my golftec lesson for about 15 swings.

Did you just find yourself drawn to the R11 b/c of your success with the R9?

It seems to be that way for me.

I was told the tour shafts aren't available for retail. I'm going to do a little more digging to see what I can find out. If this ends up being too much about the shaft, I'll post info over on my PX thread.

sounds good, ill be watching for what you find out

Great rounds with the R11 this weekend. I've gone from pondering mode to getting one mode. Thought about what shaft I wanted to go with and settled on the Fubuki Alpha 70. Hopefully it's here this week.

Well well seems like great minds think alike. Let me know when you get yours. Maybe we can do a round at Tot Hill or something

Well well seems like great minds think alike. Let me know when you get yours. Maybe we can do a round at Tot Hill or something

I have no clue where Tot Hill is but yeah, I would love to get together. I need to go to Charlotte one day and demo some stuff. How far are you from there?

The R11 has kinda been on my radar from the minute I saw it. I'm pretty stoked for it to get here.

I have an R11 with the Fubuki Alpha 60 shaft coming in this week. I really hope it holds up against my R9 that I have been killing lately.

I have no clue where Tot Hill is but yeah, I would love to get together. I need to go to Charlotte one day and demo some stuff. How far are you from there?

The R11 has kinda been on my radar from the minute I saw it. I'm pretty stoked for it to get here.

Let me know when you come down this way and we can play that day. Tot Hill is in Asheboro.

Let me know when you come down this way and we can play that day. Tot Hill is in Asheboro.

That's too far for me for a day's trip.

We better keep the chatter about the R11. We can discuss getting together in private.

I am most jazz'd about messing with the settings. I demo'd the club at neutral everything with the stock blur shaft. I love the black face/white head contrast. Makes framing the ball so easy.

I picked up a sweet card at Dick's the other day that breaks down the settings. I plan on keeping it in my bag for a quick reference. For anybody getting an R11, make sure you look on the stand at your store to get this card.

The R11 got another Tour win today with Rory Sabbatini, this thing is really enjoying a lot of early success and I really look forward to trying one out for myself.

The R11 got another Tour win today with Rory Sabbatini, this thing is really enjoying a lot of early success and I really look forward to trying one out for myself.

2 wins in a row! I hope you get to try one at the kingdom you lucky bald bast*rd!

About 2 hours I think but I would definitely hit the road to play. Tot Hill is about 2.5 hours west from me.

http://www.tothillfarm.com/

2 wins in a row! I hope you get to try one at the kingdom you lucky bald bast*rd!

In the contest thread it says we'll get to try out the R11 and BSF 2.0. I love it!

dude you have to be loving life right about now! lots of white clubs in your future!
In the contest thread it says we'll get to try out the R11 and BSF 2.0. I love it!

dude you have to be loving life right about now! lots of white clubs in your future!
I know, I'm blown away. The part I'm most excited about is getting a driver and shaft fitting that will be in depth and something that I know with 100% certainty that I can trust. The R11 will be hit a lot! I love seeing and hearing them when someone else is hitting it (on TV) so I'm looking forward to stepping up to the plate for a few swings of my own.

What is the standard shaft that comes with the R11?

Fujikura Blur

attachment.php

My new kid. I hit this club in the simulator and fell in love. Too bad I have to do homework for my college course all this week or I would be a range junkie. Hopefully Saturday I will get the chance to break it in.

Lefty pride right there. I hate looking for clubs for lefties. So rare to find the perfect match for a decent price.

Nice, i know people have been having trouble getting theirs in left handed. Glad you got it

Back