How's Your Handicap

How's Your Handicap

• Total voters
So how is everyone doing with their handi's? I see TC posted a great round last week. I am down to a 12.9. I feel like I can get it down to single digits this year.

That is awesome CL.

So how is everyone doing with their handi's? I see TC posted a great round last week. I am down to a 12.9. I feel like I can get it down to single digits this year.

mine seems to be going the wrong way!

I backed that round up with a 79 on the same course.

I need to log both of those rounds this evening. I'd say it probably won't change much, maybe get me up around 5.

mine is like a roller coaster right now hahaha

I hear ya buddy, I have been striking the ball well but just not scoring. I lost 1 ball last round and 1 the round before that so its not like I am using strokes on balls.

my brother and i had an ego/highest score contest the other day... neither of us hit greens and we didnt break 100 hahaha

Started with GHIN last spring. The odd thing is that I play a lot of 9 hole rounds (time constraints) and they way the rounds are combined it shows several rounds in the mid/low 80's even though my best 18 hole score is a 92. I kind of feel cheated, like I broke 90 for the first time and never got to celebrate it. Scores are coming down consistently now and I am hoping to break 40 for 9 holes soon, maybe a true score in the 80's isn't far away either.

I have a SCGA handicap and it has been going down slowly however it went up last month a little. I can play to it most of the time.

Mine can't begin to change for another 6 days. March 15 is when our handicap season begins.

Since I started keeping a handicap it has really changed the way I think about the game. The temptation to take a Muligan is gone and no gimmie putts either. Different people react differently though. I know guys who rush to the course as soon as the wind kicks up to "help" their handicap and others who quit keeping score if the round is going badly. It makes me uncomfortable to watch, especially when I am playing the same guys in a Tourney.

The best thing about having a handicap however, is when I use the golf app on my smartphone it only shows me my net score to par. The game is so much more fun when I am looking at a -3 or +2 rather than a 91 or 96. It really helps me to relax knowing that bogey on the 4 toughes holes of my course are a net birdie. I play better for it and enjoy the game much much more.

Does anybody handicap go up a point or two during the winter months? My scores got a lot worse during December through March.

Yeah, mine goes up a little bit during winter dmb.

I logged a couple of rounds yesterday and I'm now up to a 4.8 hcp. Time to update my profile.

In BC here, even though you can golf year round, HC's get frozen because golf is just that much more difficult. I ended the season with a 13, and looking at my winter scores, I'm about a 11-12 right now in the winter conditions, I would think with the lessons I have been taking lately I will be single digits in the next month or two. My father in law told me there was no way I could be single digits within two years of picking up golf...I'll show him and his 0 HC. Once I get it to the single digits the next goal is to beat that old man once and for all with no strokes given, straight up.

I've been keeping track of mine on OOB, but will have to look at this app you guys are using. Di11's have made a difference though. After entering my last round my handicap is down to 22.5

Does anybody handicap go up a point or two during the winter months? My scores got a lot worse during December through March.

Not even a tenth of a point. That's because in the winter I can only return scores from courses where the handicap season is still active. Since I've only taken a winter golf trip once in my life, my handicap just doesn't change from the season close in November until the open in March. Today is the first day for posting on the new season here in Colorado. I played yesterday, but I won't be playing again for at least a couple of days.

My handicap went from a 12.9 to a 16.2 over the colder months but I didn't play unless it was at least in the 50's so I don't think I can blame it on the cold so much. My game just went downhill for a while and all my lower scores have finally fallen off making my handicap soar upwards.

My home course has a basic off season from November 1st. to April 1st. each year where no scores are entered into the system for handicap's under the "preferred lies" or winter rules under 7-1 of the handicap manual of the USGA.

So is theres like a THP group on Fairway Files?

I love oobgolf, back to keeping stats like the old days

I use Golfshot, it tracks FIR, GIR, Putts, Scrambling saves etc... Is oobgolf any better?

I use Golfshot, it tracks FIR, GIR, Putts, Scrambling saves etc... Is oobgolf any better?

I hvent paid the fee to totally utilize teh app for gps and stats

thus far I just write it down and then add the info to the site

but Im sure the app makes it way easier

I think OOBgolf is the same as the Skycaddie site for keeping stats. I really like it.

Woo hoo! My hcp is down to a 4.3 as of yesterday!

Back