TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Can't wait till mine gets here. I have hit the R11 a few times and it was always with the stock shaft which I didn't care for.

Can't wait till mine gets here. I have hit the R11 a few times and it was always with the stock shaft which I didn't care for.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it as well CL!

I hate waiting for a club. I get angry when I get home and there's no box.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it as well CL!

I hate waiting for a club. I get angry when I get home and there's no box.

hahaha...I get your point!

for anybody who was wondering about my extra serial number under the ASP plate i have the info for ya, talked to TM and they had to do some digging to find out that a very small amount of R11 heads got stamped with this serial number under the ASP plate, so im all good and dont have to replace it for a 3rd time. never know maybe it might be worth a little more since such a small amount got stamped with it lol

oh....you were talking about a box with a golf club...my bad, wrong box

I thought that's what you were talking about you dirty little overton! Get your staff bag and get to walking!!!

I love the buzz this driver is generating. You cannot talk golf for more than 5 minutes with someone before this driver is mentioned.

I love the buzz this driver is generating. You cannot talk golf for more than 5 minutes with someone before this driver is mentioned.

I agree! The funny thing is that almost everyone that I talk to about it...that has not hit it(this is key)...says, I couldnt game a white driver, it would bug me. I just shrug my shoulders.

I too am getting so excited for this club to show up. I have no idea when to expect it, but I couldn't be more excited!!!

exactly why I put in my 'Taylormade R11 Testing' post that it's such a conversation starter.....even my dad who doesn''t golf has asked me about the white driver he's seen on tv

Me too buddy. I hit the Razr Hawk, and loved it, but the R11 just keeps calling me.......in a soft, little ghost'd whisper. I just like my R9 so much that the R11 is just a natural progression.

I agree! The funny thing is that almost everyone that I talk to about it...that has not hit it(this is key)...says, I couldnt game a white driver, it would bug me. I just shrug my shoulders.

me too, when i first saw the leaked pics last year i was like no way i could get use to it on my driver, i already had the corza ghost putter back then and loved it but the more i saw it and learned about the ASP and everything the more i liked it, and now i LOVE THE WHITE lol

When I was hitting the R11 rescue the white didnt bother me one bit. You forget about it rather quickly when you stripe the ball like I do.

The white is noticeable for about the first 2 times that you hit the club, everything after that is the same as any other club. I actually notice the black face more than anything. Which is great because the black face looks amazing!

While warming up on the range this weekend, my buddy asked to try out the R11. First thing he comments on is the feel at address with the while head. He said it just looked and felt right. After a couple of hits he comments right away with the sound the club makes on the ball and how pleasing it is to the ear. It's fun now to watch others hit the club and make the comments I was making 3 weeks ago. He playes with the Superfast but I'm wondering if next time I play with him he's gonna have something new in the bag.

Did you just find yourself drawn to the R11 b/c of your success with the R9?

It seems to be that way for me.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That's certainly part of it for sure. I have had good success with the R9 up until present day. I don't "need" an upgraded driver, but part of me thinks the R11 has to be at least on par for performance, and it provides more adjustability and looks better.

Should be fun to put them head to head.

I keep looking to see if a box is sitting on my doorstep as well as running outside every time I hear something that sounds like a UPS truck. I'm looking forward to putting some launch monitor numbers to this one after how well I hit it in Orlando.

I keep looking to see if a box is sitting on my doorstep as well as running outside every time I hear something that sounds like a UPS truck. I'm looking forward to putting some launch monitor numbers to this one after how well I hit it in Orlando.

dont you have a tracking number? im like you once i see it says out for delivery then every little noise i run to the door and window to see, seems like i could hear a mouse fart on days im expecting something lol

Booting the 910 already CL or just a little friendly competion?

dont you have a tracking number? im like you once i see it says out for delivery then every little noise i run to the door and window to see, seems like i could hear a mouse fart on days im expecting something lol
No, it was dropped shipped since it was a custom order. It will get here. I'm just a little antsy.

So I went back in today and tried the SF2.0TP, R11, and SF2.0 out again to figure out what I wanted (I have hit before but I wanted to test based on feel ((the sim was down today)) ).. I found that the SF2.0 has the best sound of any driver I have used. It was light, but I really though it felt pretty good throughout my swing. The head size/shape/graphics really weren't offensive to my eye. My general mishits were mid/high of center

The R11 is my favorite shape of any driver out there. I love the white heads and don't think I could ever live without one now. The sound of this driver is second only to the SF2.0 to me. The R11 was noticeably more harsh on mishits (I was tending toward the heel) but still pretty forgiving. The adjustability, feel, and sound for this driver really are an excellent package deal.

The SF2.0 TP is my favorite looking head.. but unfortunately it's not a performer for me. It felt noticeably more harsh than the R11 and the sound was just average for me. The feel throughout the swing was nicer than the R11, but I really just couldn't get it going. It's definitely going to be a sweet driver for players out there.

Overall, I think that I like the SF2.0 slightly more than my R11. However, choking down two inches really isn't my thing. I know I can get it cut, but I just don't want to mess with it. The R11 was just too close behind it and giving me the adjustability pushed it much further over the top. I can also swap in my R11 shaft into my R9 3wd down the road when I decide to swap shafts.

Booting the 910 already CL or just a little friendly competion?

Not a chance ST. I love the 910. It's a little battle royale. Toying with the idea of selling some stuff to get a RAZR and having a 3 way match. Well let me walk back the not a chance. I will give every club a fair chance. But going into this I already know how much I love the 910. It is a confidence building club. At address something about the 910 clicks with me. The R11 has a pretty steep mountain to climb but it will be given a very fair shot. It won't be one range session and done. Heck it might not even be one shaft and done.

Back