Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate toilet training. I'm trying to look at the bright side that in a couple of months I'll have extra money to buy golf swag but it's so not working. Don't they have those electronic shock collars for this?
We took my son to a day care/pre-school (this was years ago), and my son really liked it. As we were leaving the woman giving us the tour said, "Oh, one more thing, your son has to be potty trained." Magically he was instantly potty trained. lol

Disappointed in testing "non-conforming" equipment: kinda like shooting hoops at an eight foot basket; hockey without a goalie; football where my goal posts are 50 feet wide.

That ain't the game.

Ok that made me lmao!
Dude thats awesome, right now my boy wont 1 or 2 in the potty and I'm working on it every day. My wife is on vacation for 10 days starting today and I'm going to have that guy potty trained when she comes home....well a guy can dream.

What worked for #1 is I have a watch that I got from one step ahead called the potty watch and it's basically a timer with an alarm. I started off at the lowest setting which is 30 minutes so it's a reminder to him that it's time to go to the loo. When i noticed that he was getting the hang of it I went to 60 mins then 90 mins then eventually he would just let me know. When it was post 90 mins what also helped was me asking him every hour and a half if he needed to go. This is what's going to suck... I got him some regular underwear and there were plenty of times that he went in there. The plus is that he got the whole embarrassed thing and it motivated him to try to go #1 in the toilet. Obviously the minus to that technique is doing plenty of laundry. Bribery works too. My boy likes cars so I went to Costco and I got one of those warehouse size pack of matchbox cars so that every time he'd go I'd give him one and over time I would just adjust the rules to make it harder for him to get the car (my friend taught me that trick). Luckily I didn't run out of cars and he got the point.

We took my son to a day care/pre-school (this was years ago), and my son really liked it. As we were leaving the woman giving us the tour said, "Oh, one more thing, your son has to be potty trained." Magically he was instantly potty trained. lol

That's what one of his "motivating factors" was. He actually yelled out today after his session, "I can go to school now!". I'm hoping he'll have the same zeal for school when he goes to college. :D

That's what one of his "motivating factors" was. He actually yelled out today after his session, "I can go to school now!". I'm hoping he'll have the same zeal for school when he goes to college. :D
That's funny Spank because we're going through the latter right now!

What worked for #1 is I have a watch that I got from one step ahead called the potty watch and it's basically a timer with an alarm. I started off at the lowest setting which is 30 minutes so it's a reminder to him that it's time to go to the loo. When i noticed that he was getting the hang of it I went to 60 mins then 90 mins then eventually he would just let me know. When it was post 90 mins what also helped was me asking him every hour and a half if he needed to go. This is what's going to suck... I got him some regular underwear and there were plenty of times that he went in there. The plus is that he got the whole embarrassed thing and it motivated him to try to go #1 in the toilet. Obviously the minus to that technique is doing plenty of laundry. Bribery works too. My boy likes cars so I went to Costco and I got one of those warehouse size pack of matchbox cars so that every time he'd go I'd give him one and over time I would just adjust the rules to make it harder for him to get the car (my friend taught me that trick). Luckily I didn't run out of cars and he got the point.

Thanks man those are some great ideas and I like the watch idea. We have been using his favorite treats, which are just juice popsicles and he gets one only if he goes in the potty. Limited success so far. He has a thing for diggers and trucks so I might head off to Costco and try your idea.

Disappointed in testing "non-conforming" equipment: kinda like shooting hoops at an eight foot basket; hockey without a goalie; football where my goal posts are 50 feet wide.

That ain't the game.

I have run out of excuses to avoid the gym. I would much rather sit here and browse THP and eBay, but I am going to the gym. I don't want to go to the gym!

I have run out of excuses to avoid the gym. I would much rather sit here and browse THP and eBay, but I am going to the gym. I don't want to go to the gym!
Good for you! I was feeling the same way last week- forced my lazy butt there and felt much better about myself.....today I'm not going hahahaaha

You guys just need motivation. Perhaps some sort of music or video that really pumps you up. A gym partner always helps too.

You guys just need motivation. Perhaps some sort of music or video that really pumps you up. A gym partner always helps too.

very very true

Here ya go. Music and Partner rolled into one
[video=youtube;iBktYJsJq-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBktYJsJq-E[/video]

I'm tired and it's only 6:30. My programmer lifestyle is catching up with me.

Yea, I definitely could use someone to work out with that is pretty similar in strength. I workout with my iPod, but even the music on there isn't getting me going anymore.

Yea, I definitely could use someone to work out with that is pretty similar in strength. I workout with my iPod, but even the music on there isn't getting me going anymore.

You probably don't have the one and only:

[youtube]QEjgPh4SEmU[/youtube]

Here ya go. Music and Partner rolled into one
[video=youtube;iBktYJsJq-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBktYJsJq-E[/video]

hahaha. I am pumped now! Off to the gym.....

Put him in a body bag, Johnny! Nice one Snap!

got a six pack right here... but its warm
too lazy to carry my butt to the fridge

I love my macbook pro!
Although it almost sounded like it was on the verge of throwing shrapnel everywhere last night...

I love my macbook pro!
Although it almost sounded like it was on the verge of throwing shrapnel everywhere last night...

That's not good! Did you find out what was causing this?

I love my macbook pro!

That's what mine sounds like right now. I just put a disk in and it sounds like an airplane is about to take off.

That's not good! Did you find out what was causing this?

No idea. I moved something to the recycle bin, and the speakers made a very loud BING.
The volume was only up one block so it had no reason to be that loud - it also took them a few seconds to recover.
Based on the noise, I think it was microsoft.

No idea. I moved something to the recycle bin, and the speakers made a very loud BING.
The volume was only up one block so it had no reason to be that loud - it also took them a few seconds to recover.
Based on the noise, I think it was microsoft.

Oh, I thought it was something constant, like your hard drive getting ready to crash on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back