2011 Bridgestone e5 Ball Thread

The e5 is a really good golf ball. As a high ball hitter, I naturally avoided this ball for obvious reasons but it was a big mistake. I was playing in a tournament last year and the Bridgestone rep there gave me a sleeve of e5's to try on the day. I was hesitant at first but decided to use them. They blew me away. Just as long and solid off the tee as the RX's I had been playing.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these Jake.

Toward the middle of last season I quit thinking of them as a 'high' ball and more as a soft covered ball for a nice price.

Spent about an hour on the practice green today working on gauging spin with these. All I can say is that they left me questioning my ball choice as I absolutely LOVE this golf ball around the greens. Tomorrow on the course will be another test as I play 4 balls and alternate holes (going to make partners play different balls too). Chipping can be done with a ton of spin, the flop stopped on a dime, and even went out to exactly 47 yards and worked with the 58* and it was extremely spinny.

All in all working with the wedges today, these things excelled in so many ways.

I want some

Spent about an hour on the practice green today working on gauging spin with these. All I can say is that they left me questioning my ball choice as I absolutely LOVE this golf ball around the greens. Tomorrow on the course will be another test as I play 4 balls and alternate holes (going to make partners play different balls too). Chipping can be done with a ton of spin, the flop stopped on a dime, and even went out to exactly 47 yards and worked with the 58* and it was extremely spinny.

All in all working with the wedges today, these things excelled in so many ways.
That is great JB, thanks for that info! I putted with these all day today and I really like the feel off the putter. After my CG15 showed up I hit some chip shots and some bump and run shots in my basement and they seemed to come off the wedge very nicely. While they didn't bite on my carpet I could still see how much the ball was spinning, I can't wait to try these on the course and practice green.

Im excited to try these, have a sleeve coming to try out and i really hope i like them. If i could find a cheaper (cheaper than premium balls) ball that performs as well for me as the zstar i would be very happy.

true Osahar (good to see you again man!) but I was just wondering if the extra dimples would bring the flight down a little because that may create more frictional surface drag and reduce the carry/height...getting all MR Wizard on ya but I think that's how I can explain what's in my head

LOL good to see you too. Things always get hectic around work at the end of the year, but hopefully I'll have more time going forward to be on the forums for the rest of the year.

The e5 is a really good golf ball. As a high ball hitter, I naturally avoided this ball for obvious reasons but it was a big mistake. I was playing in a tournament last year and the Bridgestone rep there gave me a sleeve of e5's to try on the day. I was hesitant at first but decided to use them. They blew me away. Just as long and solid off the tee as the RX's I had been playing.

Looking forward to your thoughts on these Jake.

After reading that, I'm wondering if I should finally give the e5 a try. I've always avoided them for the exact same reason, as anyone that's played with me knows - I hit some very high shots naturally. It may be worth a try to see how they perform compared to my usual e7.

wow that is really surprising. considering the e5 is cheaper than the RX, do you think this would be a good 'value ball' for those wanting the RX performance but not wanting the RX price?

Played this ball today and just love it. Launches a little high but nice and easy to compress and the ball around the green was spectacular. I just really find that for the money this one is really hard to beat.

I just tested the e6 a few weeks back and fell in love with it. I'm sure I'll do the same if I try the e5.

Played this ball today and just love it. Launches a little high but nice and easy to compress and the ball around the green was spectacular. I just really find that for the money this one is really hard to beat.

How were your wedge shots from about 60+ yds. out with this ball? I'd be curious to see how this balls compares with the e6 I played with. Thanks for your future feedback JB!

I just tested the e6 a few weeks back and fell in love with it. I'm sure I'll do the same if I try the e5.

How were your wedge shots from about 60+ yds. out with this ball? I'd be curious to see how this balls compares with the e6 I played with. Thanks for your future feedback JB!

Different type of ball Mardin.

The e6 is INCREDIBLY soft. One of the softest I have ever played. However it does have a harder cover than that of the e5. (I think people confuse softness of a ball with cover hardness sometimes). It is a multilayer ball that is one of the best driving balls I have ever hit.

The e5 is a two piece ball, but has a urethane cover. It launches higher than the e6, but does have a touch more spin around the greens.

im hoping to get out tomorrow on the chipping/putting green and testing these out. I have been putting with them inside and they arent to bad off the putter, a little harder than my normal ball but nothing i couldnt get use to.

im hoping to get out tomorrow on the chipping/putting green and testing these out. I have been putting with them inside and they arent to bad off the putter, a little harder than my normal ball but nothing i couldnt get use to.

They are harder? They should be softer than just about any ball you are playing. Same urethane cover and FAR softer internals for easiest compression.

They are harder? They should be softer than just about any ball you are playing. Same urethane cover and FAR softer internals for easiest compression.

off the putter it has a clicky sound, maybe i shouldnt of used harder but clicky instead

I play the B330-RX as my primary ball too, but when I want to play an "inexpensive" ball, the e-5 is my choice too, it definitely does as much as you could ask of a ball in that price niche. Looking forward to playing the new dimpled version.

I used the e5 in the simulator yesterday where I could use it everywhere that I would in an actual round. The ball feels great off the driver, 3 wood, and hybrid for sure. I saw a pretty nice little jump in my ball speed yesterday and the only thing that changed was the ball I was using so I definitely like that. Off the irons the ball did not disappoint as well, while I can tell it's not as soft as the B330-S I normally play I don't think it's anything close to what I'd call a hard ball, or a rock at all. Full shots with the CG15 wedges...ah the old golf ball nemesis...would the grooves of the CG15 immediately claim another victim? No actually. I thought for sure my first 110 yard full bore gap wedge shot would tear the e5 apart like it does so many other balls I've played with, but I'm very impressed to say that it didn't. Sure if I look closely I can see where it hit, but I definitely can still play that ball. Chipping and putting felt great too, I couldn't determine any green side spin characteristics at all just yet but so far so good!

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I may have picked up a box to have around..... Gift certificates! I'm already cheating on the RX but I can't help it based off the reviews coming. Itll be weeks and a few other balls coming before I get to hit this one. Looking forward to more feedback!

Great stuff P4B. I'm interested in possibly gaming this ball this year. The e6 is not for me, but I have liked the e5 in the past and at $25 a dozen they could be the winner.

It's a mix of my two favorite balls! The e5 and the gamer v2 with it's 2 dimples. When I run out of e5's I'll have to try them out.

well i got to spend a little time with this ball on the chipping/putting green and was actually please with the way it reacted on pitch/chips, it wasnt spinning as much as my zstar but it was enough to hop and stop which i like. The Jaws is usually pretty hard on covers but the bridgestone held up pretty darn well, only a couple little scrapes. I got use to the clickier sound and putted pretty well with it also, after about 10 minutes i didnt even notice the sound difference anymore. The real test will be on course with the driver and irons and wedges from 60-120. from what i have seen so far i wouldnt hesitate to play these

Great stuff 10yd.

Great stuff 10yd.

thanks for the chance JB, after my little session i had today with it im more excited to see how this ball plays off the driver and scoring clubs than i was with how it reacted around the green.

i hate to ask the same question but i couldn't find the answer.
how does the 2011 e5 compares to the 2010?
they only sell the 2010 ones over here right now.

thanks

I tried the e5 and since I hit the ball too high anyway I sent with the e6 and a few e7. Im wondering if all of the E series balls will have the dual dimple design?
im looking forward to your review.

Back