I have been playing the Z-Star XV off and on for the past few weeks and have been comparing them to the new Pro V1x's. I get a little more greenside spin with the V1x, but the XV is still performs very well. The feel coming off my irons is favorable with the XV, but I am not completely liking driver feel. The Pro V1x just feels better coming off the face of my driver compared to the XV. Maybe the V1x is a little softer(?), not really sure. The Srixon XV is a very durable ball as well and I the yellow is growing on me.

I also can't wait to try out the z-star fairway woods on the 20th at a demo day.

I used the Trispeed for the last year and the Z star yellow for the last 2 months.I just picked up a dz of the Trispeed Tour yellow balls today.The Trispeed seems to work better for my slower swing speed than the Zstar and I love the yellow color.

I played these balls side by side during my last round, they are very similar to me. Like the srixon off the tee but the RX feels a touch better of the irons. If I putted them blind folded I doubt I could tell one from the other.

Edit: not the yellow trispeeds, haven't found them yet, still playing the whites.

On the Srixon website they say that the TriSpeed Tour is supposed to be most similar to the B330-RX.. I plan on testing that theory out soon (maybe wednesday with the test balls)

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Had a very similar experience. I tried the white XV's and normally play the V1x, have not tried the new V1x yet. The XV ball feels a little firmer but is close to V1x in feel and the spin is comparable around greens. Seems a bit more durable but not that noticeable. Won't knock the V1x out of my bag.

I have been playing the Z-Star XV off and on for the past few weeks and have been comparing them to the new Pro V1x's. I get a little more greenside spin with the V1x, but the XV is still performs very well. The feel coming off my irons is favorable with the XV, but I am not completely liking driver feel. The Pro V1x just feels better coming off the face of my driver compared to the XV. Maybe the V1x is a little softer(?), not really sure. The Srixon XV is a very durable ball as well and I the yellow is growing on me.

I also can't wait to try out the z-star fairway woods on the 20th at a demo day.

Picked up some yellow TriSpeed Tours are Edwin Watts today. I was going to go with the whites.. but what the hell. The yellow ones are just so awesome looking.

I played these balls side by side during my last round, they are very similar to me. Like the srixon off the tee but the RX feels a touch better of the irons. If I putted them blind folded I doubt I could tell one from the other.

Edit: not the yellow trispeeds, haven't found them yet, still playing the whites.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I gamed the Z Star for all of 2010 and it is a very good ball for the following reasons:

1) Consistent distance
2) Good spin on approach shots (but not too much)
3) Pretty durbale

I rencently decided to give the Penta TP a try and so far like this ball very much...not sure if it is any better then the Z Star but I got them on a good sale...LOL

I'm going to try out some 2010 Z-stars since they are $25/dz and I got some gift cards.

Love the Z-StarX tour yellow balls. I have 10 dozen from the recent sales and 15 off $50 coupon at Dick's

LOVE Srixon gear. Have played it off and on throughout the years. Played 201, 302, 506, 701 and 701 tour irons. Tried to like the Z-TX irons and really didn't but am gaming the Pro 100 blades and love them. If they ever release the Z-TX 2 irons that G Mac is gaming, they might go. The drivers Z-RW and Z-TX were spinny, but new one Z-Star is awesome. Hybrids are good, fairways are very good. The Z-Star XV is the best all around ball I've ever played.

Golf Galaxy in Burlington MA - two dozen zstar x tour yellow for $42

Ive used various Srixon balls in the past: AD333, Soft Feel, TriSpeed and the Z-Star. For the most part I was pleased with them, I didnt care for the Z-Star for putting though. To me it felt kind of hard and I wasnt able to putt as well with it. Im used to balls having a little bit of pop to them and the Z-Star didnt have that.
Ive demoed the Z-Star irons and they were nice. IMO they are as good as any of the forged cavity-back Mizuno irons Ive tried.
Im currently using the Cleveland Classic 2 putter, which I consider to be Srixon as well. I like it for the most part. It suits my eye and I putt well with it. As much as Id love to have a Mizuno MP Craft putter in my bag, I'll gladly put the CC2 in my bag until they offer the MPC putters here in the states.

Back