Bridgestone B330-RX Yellow Review from Testers

Have you tried the ball 10yard?

I have one left and it is gently used. Yours if you want it. Just PM me your addy

I have one left and it is gently used. Yours if you want it. Just PM me your addy

hey thanks for the offer i really appreciate it but ill just wait until i can pick some up in stores, with the balls coming for the testers (polara) im gonna put those to the test before i start with the B330 RX yellow. again thanks for the offer though

I have 2 doz of them waiting to be played

Finally got the Fuzz up I see. When are you going to type up what you are pondering. I keep hearing that you are looking to shake up the bag but I don't see any posts on what your going to do. Speak man!!

hey thanks for the offer i really appreciate it but ill just wait until i can pick some up in stores, with the balls coming for the testers (polara) im gonna put those to the test before i start with the B330 RX yellow. again thanks for the offer though

No problem. Let me know if you change your mind.

Finally got the Fuzz up I see. When are you going to type up what you are pondering. I keep hearing that you are looking to shake up the bag but I don't see any posts on what your going to do. Speak man!!

No problem. Let me know if you change your mind.

will do.

Saw these on the shelf tonight at pga, 35.99 or 36.99, nice to see the price drop. Oddly they didn't have any white 2011 balls though just some marked down 2010's.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I like that this theme seems to be consistent with everyone checking these balls out..couple that with almost always being able to find these on the course and this not only seems like a good performer but maybe even an economical one!

Played the RX Yellow this weekend at the Magnolia in Disney. Wind was nuts. Ball held up very well. With the wind or the wind from slighty behind and to the side it carried forever. Into the wind it didn't balloon or suffer overly compared to any other ball, though - surprise - the two club wind still knocks it down two clubs short. :) Durability was great. Didn't lose a ball in spite of only hitting 2/12 fairways and zero GIR (stopped after 12 due to daylight, wind, and other plans).

Excellent point hanks, you indeed speak the truth. I just hope masses shed the colored ball prejudice and try these just once then let the results speak.

I like that this theme seems to be consistent with everyone checking these balls out..couple that with almost always being able to find these on the course and this not only seems like a good performer but maybe even an economical one!

Excellent point hanks, you indeed speak the truth. I just hope masses shed the colored ball prejudice and try these just once then let the results speak.

hey i was one of those colored ball prejudice until i picked up a dozen zstar yellow a couple weeks ago and now im pissed i have 4 dozen white balls, i really really like this yellow color. always thought of cheap yellow range balls when i saw these but they look nothing like them in person. It was you guys in this thread that made me pick up some to try, glad i did

feels good to be color blind now eh? lol

hey i was one of those colored ball prejudice until i picked up a dozen zstar yellow a couple weeks ago and now im pissed i have 4 dozen white balls, i really really like this yellow color. always thought of cheap yellow range balls when i saw these but they look nothing like them in person. It was you guys in this thread that made me pick up some to try, glad i did

I do! yellow is becoming the new white for golf balls haha

anyone gaming the yellow ball with the ghost?

Thanks, that is a nice clean look.

ya i like it allot, between the black face and white crown and the yellow ball everything just POPS, its so easy to lign up, the ball looks really dull in the R11 pic but it was just the lighting, the putter and yellow look alot better

Well, I finally lost my last b330-Rx today. For 9 holes, the ball did it's job. But since I lost it on the ninth hole, I used one of my pentas to play the back nine, and now I am conflicted. Both balls performed well for me and with the exception of a blow-up hole, I would have scored close to the same numbers. I think I'm going to need to do some more head to head testing.

But thanks again to THP and Bridgestone to test this amazing ball.

Just some first impressions from my first round out with the yellow B330-RX.

Feel
Before putting a club to these balls they felt a bit harder than their white counterparts. Could just be me, but they didn't have that soft feeling. Maybe I'm just desensitized to the feel of a softer ball. Luckily, off the club they felt just fine.

Distance
Throughout the round I found myself looking for my ball about 15-20 yards (sometimes more) in front of where it actually was. Good shots turned out to be great shots. These balls jumped off the clubs.

Spin
Here is where I will need to go back to the course to do some more work. The course I went to was a local course I've never been to and the greens were dry and fast. Good shots to the green would hit, slow down a little bit on the next bounce and then roll out some. Whether this was due to the fast greens or not, I'm not sure. It did make me consider using a B330-S or Srixon Tour Yellow in the future to compare. So, the spin is lacking for now, with a bit more verification work to do on my part.

Durability
Not a big surprise that just like I've experienced with the yellow E-6, these balls are tough. Right off the bat on hole one I hit a beautiful draw about 60 yards right into a tree (it broke through and continued another 120ish). I hit at least one cart path. And I just smacked the heck out of it all around. At the end of the day I took my ball washer and wiped off the ball.. Good as new.

Visibility was great. With a few leaves on the ground it can get tough, but the same goes for white balls. You definitely get the best chance of finding your ball (and quickly) with these.

All in all, I like the ball. Its exactly what so many of us were asking for and we got it. Thanks to Bridgestone for listening to the people. Maybe next time I can sneak into the THP testing!

Used my Yellow fellows again Sunday and was very impressed again with their play. They and the Pentas are ball of choice for warm weather, with Tour Burners here in the cooler weather.

I'd assume the MSRP on these will be about $42.99 a dozen like the white B330s. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy more balls, they'll consider dropping the price down to $39.99 to compete with Z-Stars.

[EDIT] Was at Dick's yesterday and saw that Srixon raised the price of the Z-Stars to $44.99 a dozen, up $5 from last year's model. Add another point for Bridgestone in the price category now.

Back