Hello From Beyond the Redwood Curtian (Northwest California)

bumpnrun

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been golfing for 3-4 years now and am completely addicted. I took up the sport seriously when my 3 year old son showed an interest and we have been playing partners ever since. His twin sister started playing this year and if I can convince mom to take it up we will have a foursome.

Golf here is different than other places. Balls don't roll much on the soft fairways and the hazard at the corner of a dogleg is usually a 200' tall redwood tree with a 10' wide trunk. The air is cool and damp so balls don't fly far.

Bandon is 3 hours to the North, San Francicso is 4.5 hours to the South with Pasatiempo and Pebble Beach 1 and 2 hours further South respectively, so in terms of golf we are centrally located.

Life is good.

Welcome to THP, bumpnrun.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to the forum; sounds like you have some GREAT courses within driving distance!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome glad to see you have the family involved in this great sport.

Howdy bumpnrun, welcome to the best golf forum in the world.

nice to meet you

Welcome!

I think it will be fun to drive up there and have a round some day. But, I will have to find something for the wife and kids to do meanwhile. What kinds of non-golf activities are available in your neck of the (red) woods?

:welcome:

Welcome!

I think it will be fun to drive up there and have a round some day. But, I will have to find something for the wife and kids to do meanwhile. What kinds of non-golf activities are available in your neck of the (red) woods?

Hiking, Biking, Rafting, Kyaking, Fishing, Hunting and most any other thing you can think to do outdoors. Other than that, not much. Baywood is surely worth the trip though. Check this out: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-cour.../singin-the-blues-of-my-buddies.html#comments

Welcome to THP!

Welcome. your not too far from me. Great weather in CA to play golf right now.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP...and enjoy !

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome bumpnrun....sure is pretty country you call home!

:welcome: bumpnrun :comp:

Back