2011 Bridgestone e5 Ball Thread

I bought some of these and played them Sunday, even in 40 degree weather I really liked the way they handled

I bought some of these and played them Sunday, even in 40 degree weather I really liked the way they handled

I think the E series is a great ball for cold weather. Very soft.

i hate to ask the same question but i couldn't find the answer.
how does the 2011 e5 compares to the 2010?
they only sell the 2010 ones over here right now.

thanks

THere is a video on our home page that explains that.

I tried the e5 and since I hit the ball too high anyway I sent with the e6 and a few e7. Im wondering if all of the E series balls will have the dual dimple design?
im looking forward to your review.

I know some of the other testers have the rest of the series and there are threads on them. To answer your question, yes they do.

CB- all of the e series are at a great price point and Bridgestone is offering something different for a lot of golfers looking for a good preforming 'value ball'

High and soft? e5
Straight and pretty soft? e6
Distance and kinda soft? e7

I've used the e5 for my last 3 rounds, really like it, and it's what was recommended when I did the online ball fitting. Now that the weather is warming up I think I am going to try the e7's this weekend

Great post Hanks, thank you! I am liking the e5 ball quite a bit. I didn't use this ball much on my last round but there was a reason but I won't get into that too much here. I did play it for 1 hole though, the 18th, a very tight hole with water right and OB left. I grooved the middle of the fairway, front edge of the green, 2 putt par on that hole....the ball felt absolutely great for me off the driver and the 8 iron that I hit. Putting also felt very good too, while this ball is not a tour caliber ball I think it may surprise a lot of people with the performance. I'll be playing it exclusively for a while now so I'll update this thread as I prepare to write my review.

Holy crap I love this ball with all my heart. I need to change my outing request from RX to E5. It was soft, had great feel around the greens and once I got used to to putting was just amazing.

I will be playing some with this ball tomorrow during my round, ill update with how it plays after the round.

I finally had a chance to get the e5 out for a round today and I gotta tell you, I'm impressed. The feel off the clubs is really good, it was 54 degrees today so a little on the cool side yet this ball didn't come across and miserably hard at all. I was finding good distances and really liked the ball flight a lot, I was hitting the ball quite straight, not sure if that was the ball or the fact that I'm just very good at golf. :laughing: Alright, I'll give credit to the ball. I was very happy with the way the ball stopped on full shots into the green, I had a 6i from 175 side/helping wind that hit once and stopped pretty quick, I saw it land but then couldn't see where it ended up, thinking it was for sure back edge at best I was extremely surprised and happy to see it no more than 10 feet away from it's ball mark. I had a few medium to long range pitch shots and the ball reacted very similar to a tour caliber ball for me, that pretty much blew me away. Not a bounce and check but a nice bounce, slight check and minimal roll out. Durability was solid, we all know what a CG15 wedge will do to a tour ball but the e5 was plenty resilient to damage.

Another round tomorrow and I'll certainly come back and post my findings. So far I'm liking this ball more than I thought I would and I'm not just saying that....this thing is a solid golf ball.

I played a few e5's and the E6's mostly, and love both of them. Long off of the clubs and solid feel around the greens, even wiht my awful short game

The weather finally cleared up enough for me to give a the 2011 e5's a good run.

First - a little background: I have been looking for a ball to fit my game for the last 4 years. This is a tough task considering I tend to change equipment and swings at least quarterly. Now that I have my swing somewhat consistent I decided to find the ball that is right for my game. I am in the growing category of golfers that is torn between tour level and "performance distance" balls. Most recently I've been playing either the Srixon Z-Star of the Top-Flite Gamer V2 (a HIGHLY underrated ball). While at a local golf show I stepped up to the Bridgestone fitting challenge. I explained what I play, what I like and what I am looking for. The fitter instantly set me up with the e5. The numbers on the monitor were great, but I'm skeptic and always thought these fitting challenges/monitors were setup to sell product. I couldn't wait to get it to the course.

The quick and dirty is that it reminds me of a Gamer v2 but with a urethane cover and a helluva lot more durability. Distance - check. Green side spin - check. Dual dimple technology -check. More GIR than any round in the last 12 months - check.

Approach shots fly true and bite hard. Drives run out. Feel off the putter is a little more clicky than I'm used to with the Z-Star but half way through the round I didn't even notice.

I'm not one to try to work the ball too much. I will hit slight draws and slight fades and this ball answers my intentions. I have found my new ball. I mean, this thing is good.

I got 9 more holes in with the e5 yesterday. I was great off the tee but missed a couple greens which gave me a real good chance to focus on the green side performance of the e5. I'm really impressed, we're talking about a ball that's $27 a dozen, it is nice to see that there is a less expensive option that will perform quite well for a lot of people. I had a 40 yard pitch shot over a bunker that I needed to stop quickly. I trusted the swing and the ball and sure enough it landed and after the first bounce the ball stopped dead in it's tracks, 5 footer for par that I converted. I am constantly surprised by this ball. Durability is great too, even better than the B330-S that I've come to love, even the ball killing CG15 wedges can't knock one of these out of service. I really like this ball!

I like it too, Jake. I wish it was a bit softer (compression) so I could get more out of it off the tee, but at that price, it is hard to beat. I think it's probably a great fit for you.

Over the winter I had a ball Bridgestone ball fitting and the e5 was the recommended ball. The new 2011 was not out yet so I have been playing last years model with great results. The e5 gives me good distance off the driver, woods and irons and it checks up around the green. As soon as I finish up what I have, I will go after the new one.

I really need to give this ball a ride.

GolfDigest just did a ball study of all level balls and the E5 did really well in the half wedge category.In fact on a machine test the E5 produced more spin than the B330-RX on a half wedge shot

Bridgestone E5

Bridgestone E5

who's gaming this? I just got fitted for this ball. I currently use an E6 but the guy said I'm over compressing it, resulting is distance loss, about 10 yards. what's your thoughts about this ball? I tried searching for this ball but didn't find a good thread to read. if you can post a link, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

If you want a spinny ball, but don't want to pay premium prices, it is great. A bit firm for my swing, but it sounds like it might be a good choice for you.

My swing speed with a driver is around 80. Bridgestone fit me to the B330RX and/or E5. Yesterday was my first day trying the E5. I'm not sold just yet on the E5 but I was not swinging as well as usual yesterday. I'm going to try them again today.

I play in a 2 day tournament next week and I'm trying to decide between the B330RX, E5, Srixon Trispeed and Trispeed Tour (I was fitted to these by Srixon). I think it's going to come down to the Trispeed or B330RX. The Trispeed is really long and has great roll out for me and the B330RX is a really great ball both off the tee and around the greens.

It's fun to experiment with different balls. I didn't realize what a difference it makes to be fitted! I'm always getting balls out of our recycled bin at the course to try. There are so many good ones.

Due to rains all weekend I wasn't able to get out with this ball for the final round prior to sitting down to write the review, I'll be getting out early this week though. I'm close to being ready, just want to do some comparison side by side with my regular ball to compare distance, feel and spin. I really do like this ball though, less expensive but far from a "cheap" ball by any means.

Due to rains all weekend I wasn't able to get out with this ball for the final round prior to sitting down to write the review, I'll be getting out early this week though. I'm close to being ready, just want to do some comparison side by side with my regular ball to compare distance, feel and spin. I really do like this ball though, less expensive but far from a "cheap" ball by any means.

i agree, i was a little skeptical about it when i first tryed it thinking it was gonna be like all the other "cheap" balls but to my surprise it wasn't at all, its a great ball for the money, if i was ever gonna play a ball in that price range it would be the E5, it really has some bite around the greens and that was what shocked me the most, great ball

Back