What would you remove from the golf course

If I could take anything away from golf it would be strokes... I need to take some off of my golf game. So anything that would help me do that, then I say remove it. No, not really. I would only want to remove hidden fairways! I hate teeing off over something and not seeing where my ball actually lands. It just bugs me to be hitting "BLIND", I gues you would call it.

I'd like to remove beer... I play much better when I don't encounter any of those hazards. :act-up:

id like to remove those giant "plugged golf ball" looking yardage markers especially on courses that have them every 50 yards right in the middle of the fws

I dont know much about the golf. All i love about this game is to see sitting in a quiet corner.:act-up:

I dont know what that means?

Flag sticks. The game is far too easy in its current form. Remove the flag sticks and watch those scores rise.

seriously though: Cart paths. I understand carts are a necessary evil but I have played many old school courses with simple dirt paths, these are far less penal to your golf shots than asphalt or concrete.

There are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing removed - I think they've all been mentioned though lol

Canadian geese (or other birds that crap all over the course/greens)
Slow players of any type that won't let you play through
The impatient group that has to constantly hit up on you, even though you're stacked up 4 deep due to a slow group 2 holes ahead of you
Trees in the middle of the fairway
Golf ball eating palm trees

Sorry for the geese, but honestly I think that when they come back to Canada they all meet at my course. I would remove anyone who doesn't respect golf etiquette, I don't care if you don't follow the rules of golf and play by your own rules, but respect the course and other golfers, this includes following a normal pace of play and not looking for your ball for more than 2 minutes when you're not even going to give yourself a penalty stroke.

I know this is pretty petty, but there's really no such thing as a canadian goose or geese, lol. They are Canada Geese. It sounds funny to say, but thats their real name.

I know this is pretty petty, but there's really no such thing as a canadian goose or geese, lol. They are Canada Geese. It sounds funny to say, but thats their real name.

Thank you due! I tried to explain this to the mountaineers of NC and they looked at me funny!

From the iPhone.

Snow and leaves.

Well i have a truck load of boats heading down to New York in a couple weeks so maybe we can swing by Jersey and bring em all home for ya ...lolol

You are closer to Spokane than Jersey, so stop here first and get these rats with wings outta here !

Thank you due! I tried to explain this to the mountaineers of NC and they looked at me funny!

From the iPhone.

Lol, you can't explain anything to those toothless hicks. As a hunter in my early years it was beat into my head by my dad and older brothers.

- All the people practicing at the range and putting green yesterday.
- Hosel Rockets.
- People who don't hit the sweet spot 95% of the time. They slow me down. I'd play on tour but they'd slow me down as well.
- Bad attitudes
- People who don't use rangefinders
- Trees
- People who hit off grass when it's mats only.

Any non-professional golfer who takes themselves too seriously. Nothing bugs me more.

Excessive amounts of practice swings
People who ask for yardage because they see you with a rangefinder, but won't buy one.
Litterbugs.

There are a few things I wouldn't mind seeing removed - I think they've all been mentioned though lol

Canadian geese (or other birds that crap all over the course/greens)
Slow players of any type that won't let you play through
The impatient group that has to constantly hit up on you, even though you're stacked up 4 deep due to a slow group 2 holes ahead of you
Trees in the middle of the fairway
Golf ball eating palm trees
Muddy shirts

Had to add one to yours.

Canada Geese
rough cart paths
Very slow groups
Excessive waggles and practice swings
OB

I love the game the way it is. That being said, if I have to do away with one it would be OB. I want to get up and down from 5 rows deep in a corn field.

Stupid carts.. haha I love walking, but I do ride a lot as well.

Most people in my area do not know how to drive carts I assume, or where to even drive them. I still don't think many of the older crews around here understand what the 90* rule is :D

Trees, they're just in the way :D

Out of bounds for me. If you can find it, play it. If you live next to a course, you understand that balls will be in your backyard. I think stroke and distance is way to penal. If you can't play, take an unplayable and be down 1 instead of two strokes.

I would like one green where it is slightly concave!! So the ball will travel straight or bend right to the hole!! Just one green out of the 18 would be nice. Think of it as a confidence booster before the massive water hazard on the next hole!!

Excessive amounts of practice swings
People who ask for yardage because they see you with a rangefinder, but won't buy one.
Litterbugs.

All very good

They actually are very tasty!! Well the wild ones anyway. The ones that stay at the course year round probably not. I was told by a Marshall once if I killed one I had to take it home!! Pretty sure I wounded a couple that day.

Back