Regular Grip On Putter

I just regripped my Method with a Winn grip. It's a jumbo wrap so it's actually pretty much the same as I had size wise. Maybe a little larger. When I was messing around in Van's it didn't look that big. Anyway, I'm just going to see what it's like. I chose winn because the feel of their odyssey putter grips are some of the best for me. I almost went to a TL which is on my long irons but I figured try this first and see if I like the feel and then go from there.

Got to try this setup out yesterday. I liked what I was seeing as far as my distance control and staying on line. I will give the actual grip a bit more time though. Trying to find that winn grip feel lol. Anyway, my hands stayed quieter and it was nice just feeling the club in my hands almost the exact way I'd feel an iron. I'm going to keep at this for awhile before I decide if I like it or not. All is well during practice but I need to know how it holds up long term and on the course.

Going to give this one a try again on the putting green tomorrow.

Going to give this one a try again on the putting green tomorrow.

cant wait to hear what you think...again. This intrigues me

Round grip for putter versus standard flat top putter grip.

Round grip for putter versus standard flat top putter grip.

On my quest to find the perfect putter grip, it crossed my mind to use a regular grip as a putter grip. Does anyone use a standard iron/wood grip on their putter? I know the flat top style would probably be better when trying to square up a putt though. Any other downside to using a round grip?

I have been searching for one of the old Winn leather(?) wrap, copper color grips that they used to make, similar to the Winn Excel soft grip. It was very tacky and soft and had a flat top. I dont think they make them anymore though.

I am going to try and buy an oversized grip and throw it on my putter. Hopefully I can still putt with this type of grip.

Sorry, I didnt realize this topic was covered already. Has anyone who has tried this found that it is harder to square up a putt at address? Have there been any other issues that have popped up that you werent expecting? I am going to try it out but just wanted to see how it turned out for everyone else.

I put one on one of my putters the other night and am gonna give it a test drive to see. I'll let you know my experience.

I´ve been gaming a regular round grip on my putter for most of the season. I switched from a flat two-thumb grip b/c it messed up the balance of the club. I can´t really decide if I like this round grip more than a conventional - but its been ok for me this season. I might switch back to a conventional for next season just to compare for fun.

I tried it for 5 months and,just switched back to a regular putter grip about a month ago.It was a golf pride jumbo grip.I liked it for a little while but i ended up missing the flat sides of a putter grip and started feeling uncomfortable with it so,i switched back.

mega old thread bump

just switched to same grip that is on all my irons, cheap lamkin rel 360... feels really good, much more natural

I have never done this, but I am always tempted too. Probably put it on a putter I don;'t use

mega old thread bump

just switched to same grip that is on all my irons, cheap lamkin rel 360... feels really good, much more natural
Absolutely a fantastic idea. The putting instructor I see actually recommends doing so. I playing a round gripmaster on my putter for years but went back to the normal recently.
If you can find a round grip with very little taper I think it is fantastic on a putter

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You mean to tell me you're supposed to grip it differently than say your driver or irons? I use the same 10 finger grip on my putter as I do my other clubs. Perhaps that contributes to my putting woes??

Back