What part is holding your game back?

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you think is the single part of your game that is keeping you from posting better scores?

I think mine is putting. If I could knock out the three putts, I think my scores would be a few strokes better.

Other than the snow on the ground right now... I would have to say chipping is the weakest point of my game. I'm so inconsistant with it! I have noticed, that if I that if I put the ball a little forward in my stance, I don't seem to top it as much. Anyone have any tips on chipping, I could use the help.

Other than the snow on the ground right now... I would have to say chipping is the weakest point of my game. I'm so inconsistant with it! I have noticed, that if I that if I put the ball a little forward in my stance, I don't seem to top it as much. Anyone have any tips on chipping, I could use the help.

Post a question in the Ask The Pro section of the forum. Andy is great with his tips.

Besides the snow, I'd have to say my long iron's. Towards the end of last year I was dropping the scores well, but my driver and chipping were getting it done. Putting was pretty solid, but anything longer than a six iron was missing greens.

Driving and putting. The driving is getting better. Instead of being OOB right, I'm now in the right rough. Now if I can just eliminate 3 putts, I think I could be golden.

My biggest problem is time. I don't have enough extra of it to be able to play enough. When I do play, probably my second shots. I miss too many greens. And usually, not just by a little bit to where I can have a chip and a putt.

Holding you back from what? Your goals? Breaking par? Shooting 59?

Everyone could hit the ball straighter, higher, farther, with more spin. Hit it closer, make more putts. Hell, just hit it in the hole everytime.

For me, I just need to hit more fairways. Most of my pars(in my last few rounds), came from an approach shot from the fairway.

My wedges right now. It's killing my confidence.

Driving and putting. The driving is getting better. Instead of being OOB right, I'm now in the right rough. Now if I can just eliminate 3 putts, I think I could be golden.

Yeah, putting is the hard part to fix. I seem to put lights out on the practice green, but on the course it just doesn't happen. I don't know if I try to make to many of the putts on the course, rather than just lag and putt out. Usually if I go after the hole, I end up with a stressful 2nd putt.

putting is NO doubt whats holding me back!

Would you like the list numerically or alphabetically?

Inconsistent swing
Inconsistent ball striking
Mental/mind
Accurate approach shots from 150 and in

I am averaging 1.6 putts per hole and 1.84 when on the green in regulation this year. I am hitting 59% of my greens in regulation. Driving accuracy is 49%. I have a 64% recovery performance. I have the Golf app Golfshot GPS and this is where I pulled this information. According to this I currently have a 0 handicap. My driver misses are almost always within a few yards of the fairway so I have a good shot into the green. I think the GIR's need to improve. When I do hit GIR's, I need to be able to make more 1 putts. This year I am really going to work on my mid and low irons getting them more consistent so I will be able to go after more pins.

Consistency from 50 yards and in is what is holding me back. I'll be working feverishly to correct that early on this season.

Consistency from 50 yards and in is what is holding me back. I'll be working feverishly to correct that early on this season.

Me to man. It's killing me. I have no clue on which club to even use for a 25-50 yard shot. It's very frustrating. My chances of getting up and down from 40 yards is slim to none right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB mentioned this in another thread, maybe you just have too many choices?
Me to man. It's killing me. I have no clue on which club to even use for a 25-50 yard shot. It's very frustrating. My chances of getting up and down from 40 yards is slim to none right now.

Take that 55* wedge, open your stance a bit, play the ball in the back half of your stance, and make sure to hit down through the ball. Adjust how far you take the club back depending on the distance. This will produce a nice lower ball flight and if played correctly will prolly bounce about 3 times and roll maybe 3 feet.

there is always one part of my game (or on bad days two or three) that doesnt seem to click. One week my driving will be long and straight - next ill develop a little slice or a hook. Some days ill be chipping lights out - and others ill leave it 12 feet short. Same with putting - i can drain some monsters then step up and miss a 6 footer for birdie the next week.

So im going with consistancy - if i could get them all into a nice little rhythym i think i could post some really good scores. Just putting it all together seems to be the task at hand!

Just hit your approach shots closer... SHEESH.

I do, but I miss that! There is a reason why leaving a putt short is called One-t ing it.

Now that I think about it, the only thing holding me back is a good wife beater and a good sunburn.

So im going with consistancy - if i could get them all into a nice little rhythym i think i could post some really good scores. Just putting it all together seems to be the task at hand!

Same here, if parts of my game would come together at the same time it would be great. Even if it was just for 1 round.

Right now its my driver/course management. I'm using driver when I dont need to and it gets me in trouble.

Now that I think about it, the only thing holding me back is a good wife beater and a good sunburn.

well dont worry, the Canadians found this really easy at the last outing!

Back