Purple would look good! Or some sort of a hunter green maybe

Good job on the actual paintfill, the colour wouldnt be my first choice.

Also, do you have any extra pink paint? I think the sun may have missed a spot down the center of my back.

Until you spell color properly, you do not get a vote. :alien:

I fail to see the humour in that post. All I had said that your colour choice was not my favourite. Are those jokes popular in your neighbourhood? :blob: :alien: :devil:
Until you spell color properly, you do not get a vote. :alien:

Some black and green grips are going on these next. Thoughts?

254475724.jpg

Yup, with those Pure Grips, you've got yourself a nice combination. Well done!

something is missing....I think the lofts need to be filled...other than that I love the green on the BP

or maybe the line below them needs to be a different color

I recently removed all the paintfill from my scotty cameron putter except for the three red dots on the face and I love it! I don't know what it is, but just having the solid steel finish without any paintfill makes it look awesome! I figured if I didn't like it I could always try to do my own paintfill or send it in to the Custom Shop. Anyway, I will post pics soon, but so far from my friends I have gotten nice feedback from it.

pics! pics! pics!
I recently removed all the paintfill from my scotty cameron putter except for the three red dots on the face and I love it! I don't know what it is, but just having the solid steel finish without any paintfill makes it look awesome! I figured if I didn't like it I could always try to do my own paintfill or send it in to the Custom Shop. Anyway, I will post pics soon, but so far from my friends I have gotten nice feedback from it.

I have been doing the same thing for a long time on almost all my clubs. I like the "naked" look.
When I reshafted my Eye2 wedge last fall with a DG Spinner, I removed the paintfill.

Eye2.jpg

I refilled my Cleveland wedges this past weekend with white and "Tiger Blood". I think I like it. When I get home today I will take a few pics and upload them here and you all can tell me what you think.

I found a new type of paint that I am very excited about! The paint is called Tamiya and they come in translucent colors. I am going to get a few jars and refill my new putter. I will be sure to take plenty of pics. I am very excited about this new project!

I found a new type of paint that I am very excited about! The paint is called Tamiya and they come in translucent colors. I am going to get a few jars and refill my new putter. I will be sure to take plenty of pics. I am very excited about this new project!

Sounds like the same kinda stuff Scotty uses. Can't wait setho!!!

From the iPhone.

Ok, here is the back as it is still drying. This is my first attempt at a translucent paint fill and it is harder than it seems. Getting ready to do the front.

a6890e32-bffd-7716.jpg

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

Now the front.

a6890e32-c191-a919.jpg

Looks good Seth! Is that blue or green?

Ok, here is the back as it is still drying. This is my first attempt at a translucent paint fill and it is harder than it seems. Getting ready to do the front.

a6890e32-bffd-7716.jpg

What makes that so Seth? I think the job you did looks great.

Looks good Seth! Is that blue or green?

It is green. It is easier to see in person. Filling with translucent paint is harder than I thought.

What makes that so Seth? I think the job you did looks great.

The paint is clear and it is important to get the fill even and not too thick. That is why you can see the dot in the middle.

I used paint remover from the hobby shop and it was a chore! lol. I mustve done something wrong. Anyway I'm trying to repaint my Method. I figure it will be sitting a long long time so now is a good time as any.

I already screwed it up. Got the wrong paint (metallica flakes) and its very hard for me to fill. I'm gonna try some acetone to remove the paint and start over. Really hard to fill in the letters and different graphics. I applaud anyone who can do this because it takes a lot of skill. Once I get it going Ill post some pics but right now it's a massacre.

I used paint remover from the hobby shop and it was a chore! lol. I mustve done something wrong. Anyway I'm trying to repaint my Method. I figure it will be sitting a long long time so now is a good time as any.

I already screwed it up. Got the wrong paint (metallica flakes) and its very hard for me to fill. I'm gonna try some acetone to remove the paint and start over. Really hard to fill in the letters and different graphics. I applaud anyone who can do this because it takes a lot of skill. Once I get it going Ill post some pics but right now it's a massacre.

If you're only doing one tone, try spreading the paint with a toothpick. Don't be afraid to go over the edges and use a bit more paint that needed, just make sure the letters are well filled and there is no bubbles. Once it's dry just cut up an old t-shirt and dip it in acetone to remove the excess paint

Great idea with the old t-shirt. I did over over on the Letters and such. By chance though will it remove the paint inside the letters? or as long as I don't keep it too long over them they should be ok?

If you're only doing one tone, try spreading the paint with a toothpick. Don't be afraid to go over the edges and use a bit more paint that needed, just make sure the letters are well filled and there is no bubbles. Once it's dry just cut up an old t-shirt and dip it in acetone to remove the excess paint

Great idea with the old t-shirt. I did over over on the Letters and such. By chance though will it remove the paint inside the letters? or as long as I don't keep it too long over them they should be ok?

As long as you use a squeegy type motion (lightly scrape/pull across the letters) and just rub smoothly it should come off pretty easily. You can wrap the piece of t-shirt around a piece of cardboard or credit card too.

BAM! Great idea. I can't wait to get home again lol. I did screw up and started removing something I Shouldn't have lol. Oh well. I'll post pics when I can so you all can help with that part too.

As long as you use a squeegy type motion (lightly scrape/pull across the letters) and just rub smoothly it should come off pretty easily. You can wrap the piece of t-shirt around a piece of cardboard or credit card too.

Good luck Yoccos! I like to remove the excess paint with a toothpick when it is slightly dry. Have no fears man, paint fill is always fixable. I have also used acetone and very gently wiped off the excess. If you do this, make sure that the paint has dried for a while as it can make the coat of paint in the letters uneven and rough looking. Paint filling is actually pretty easy once you get used to it. Filling with clear colors is a different matter though.

Back