what part of your game are you working on?

chipping and putting. always working on chipping and putting

Im working on my lag. I just can’t seem to get it. I have gotten a lot better at hitting down through the ball but I just can’t get a lot of distance. I figure if I can get my club head lag better I should be able to hit it further. I hope.

Smart shots. if im 280 away i dont always have to go for it... Even though i probably will

Smart shots. if im 280 away i dont always have to go for it... Even though i probably will

You can hit 3w 280?!?!? Wow, it must be nice. I don't think I would own a driver if I could do that. Impressive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working on my short game the most this year. I have become pretty accurate with my woods and irons. The only irons I still have trouble with are my 3 and 4 irons, as I tend to hook them a little bit. So when I hook them and end up 10-15 yards off the green I always have to chip up, and I am not the best chipper, so then I leave myself a long putt. My putting is pretty good,but not on 30 footers, so my goal is to improve my chipping so I can leave myself shorter putts. That would probably knock another 4-5 strokes off my game, which would consistently get me in to the upper 70's. I have only broken 80 twice, and both of those times I just happened to be having a great short game that day. I want to get more consistent with it so I can make it happen all the time. part of that is going to be finding the right ball to fit my game here at the beginning of the season so I know what works best for me, then I can consistently practice with that ball and improve my short game.

Mid to long irons, slicing somthing fierce.

I'm working on my short game the most this year. I have become pretty accurate with my woods and irons. The only irons I still have trouble with are my 3 and 4 irons, as I tend to hook them a little bit. So when I hook them and end up 10-15 yards off the green I always have to chip up, and I am not the best chipper, so then I leave myself a long putt. My putting is pretty good,but not on 30 footers, so my goal is to improve my chipping so I can leave myself shorter putts. That would probably knock another 4-5 strokes off my game, which would consistently get me in to the upper 70's. I have only broken 80 twice, and both of those times I just happened to be having a great short game that day. I want to get more consistent with it so I can make it happen all the time. part of that is going to be finding the right ball to fit my game here at the beginning of the season so I know what works best for me, then I can consistently practice with that ball and improve my short game.

The short game is the quickest and best way to reduce your handicap. I used to spend 2-3 hours at least 3 times a week on the practice green working on getting up and down. That summer my handicap went from a 12 to a 5. I am a believer in short game practice. I still will go to a practice green at least once a week now to keep it solid.

Short game and course management

Turf interaction with my new irons. I'm not sure if its the 6.0s vs x100s or cobra head vs bridgestone head; but I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new clubs. The main different is with the cobras I had very small divots usually, with the J's I take a much deeper divot, and seem to be losing 5-10 yards on my shots.

So at the range working on:

1. Hit the small ball 1st
2. How to work the ball, (having to work at this now, lets not even start on trajectory lol)

This year its all about putting for me. Going to log some serious practice hours on the putting green.

this has become a real bad habit for me...and I think the more I focus on it the worse my swign becomes. I need to just focus on just hitting the ball again vs. 'what is my swing like?'

Working on a flatter, one-plane swing. Also coming more inside out rather than OTT.

Thanks buddy! Seriously just going through the motion at my desk I'm feeling a difference even in just my normal swing path. Appreciate the tips!

Good luck on the wedge fix Yoccos!

I'm working on my tricept muscles. Hoisting that Morgan Cup over and over is going to be a work out!

The cannons. Lol. Dude you have the left handed guy strength. I don't think working out is needed.

I'm working on my tricept muscles. Hoisting that Morgan Cup over and over is going to be a work out!

Today I'm working on my iron game and there will be video in the Di11 thread and the morgan cup sound off thread, cause I'm bringing it!

Fitness..stretching, cardio and strenght training..

The cannons. Lol. Dude you have the left handed guy strength. I don't think working out is needed.

Oh, it's needed my friend.

In all seriousness, I suppose I need to work on my GIR's. I'm averaging about 9/18 so far in 2011 but I need that number to increase before the Morgan Cup.

Today I'm working on my iron game and there will be video in the Di11 thread and the morgan cup sound off thread, cause I'm bringing it!

Awesome cool! Can't wait for your vids homey!

The better question is what am I not working on. I spent a lot of time this winter working on my short game, which I intend to continue, but right now I'm also really focused on my ball striking with my irons.

Working on inside 100 and putting the most. It's the most important part of the game, so I see it as an area that can always get better no matter how confident you are in it.

My biggest challenge is really just consistency in my setup. I get a little sumo-ish in my stance (too wide) and I feel like I bend over too far, which causes some fat shots. When I stand correctly, my shots tend to be consistent and on target.

Other than that, I want to improve everything...but really concentrate on my putting.

Shot game, short game and short game. Really not working on anything else except trying to make sure I get up and down from 60 yards out and in more than 50% of the time.

Back