Did You Ever Meet a Natural?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I recently met a fellow at our club and we've become friends. He's only been playing golf for seven months, and joined our facility in late November. He's in his mid-50s, my age. We spend a lot of time on the range together so I get to see him hit golf balls a lot and he's truly amazing.

Ninety-five percent of the shots he hits are flush; with a pop of the club face and a soaring trajectory. He hits his 7-iron around 170 and his drives about 280, with the occasion 300 yarder thrown in. He hits his wedges accurately, his long irons with a lot of mustard, and his woods with a lot of zing.

I've never met anyone who took up the game so recently hit the ball so well. He's a very nice man, humble, and we'll be playing in a number of tournaments together.

Have you ever met anyone who just seems to "get it" right out of the box?

only every morning while looking in the mirror

My best friend is that guy. He hits every thing so good and it comes so easy for him. Never had a lesson and he is 6 something Handicap.

Why do you have Old Gray's picture taped to your mirror? That is kinda creepy!!!

Hahaha, sorry One-T but that was good.

I thought Robert Redford was The Natural!

lol we think alike hahah

I have not met someone who is perfect in all aspects of the game- but i have met a few that have the long ball down. Or really good ball strikers. Just never at the same time

Wait till you see One T.

He is a cross between TC and Bigsy. From what I heard. LOL.

lol we think alike hahah

I have not met someone who is perfect in all aspects of the game- but i have met a few that have the long ball down. Or really good ball strikers. Just never at the same time

Wait till you see One T.

hmmm, someone lied to you!! wait, I think I did

I have a cousin I would have called a natural. Parents would drop him off at the course during summer all he would do was practice and play. He never had a lesson and was just him. He would shoot 65 or 66 just messing around like it was nothing. Sad he got into drugs/ alcohol at early age and really messed up his life. Even now watching golf now I think of the things he could have done if he would had it straight in high school to get into college golf. I know people always think or know someone that they think will be on tour some day. He was one of them I believed given the chance could make it. He is recovering from his addictions and I think he has been clean for some time now. I wouldn't say his "chance" to make it is gone but some have passed on him since they tried to help him in the past sponsoring him for tournments. He tried to play in some Hooters tour events several years ago but I think he was still dealing with some demons. I just hope he can continue to stay clean.

Wait till you see One T.

But is he a natural though? I have heard rumor that he has really been practicing how to workability the ball. If you have to practice to fined your swing, I don't know if you are a natural.

But is he a natural though? I have heard rumor that he has really been practicing how to workability the ball. If you have to practice to fined your swing, I don't know if you are a natural.

first time I picked up a golf club I shot a 137...you determine for yourself!

Why do you have Old Gray's picture taped to your mirror? That is kinda creepy!!!

:laughing: WR that is too funny buddy :rofl:...

I have spoke of my young friend in Augusta on other threads. David Usry and you can google him if you want more info. The kid had raw talent and the kind that makes your jaw drop when watching him play golf.

The slowest player friend of ours is a natural at golf...he whoops are butt without even trying :angry:

We've been paired up before, just once though, with this couple and she started playing like 2 months before we played together and she's at the range 8 hours a day 4 days a week and I've been playing for about 2 years with lessons and she still beat me :sad:

I guess I don't have that natural born talent, hence the continued lessons with progress and not so much progress!

My brother has such a natural swing it sickens me. It's like a Ken Griffey-esque golf swing, so natural and fluent. Thankfully he sucks at putting!

My brother has such a natural swing it sickens me. It's like a Ken Griffey-esque golf swing, so natural and fluent. Thankfully he sucks at putting!

we are brothers?

I play with one of my sons friends he is 14 and that kids can hit the ball so pure its amazing. never had a lesson and shots in the 70's most of the time. its crazy. he out drives me most of the time and can putt lights out.

Also a lot of fun to play with. good attitude.

I new a kig that was the mens club champion at a local club for 3 staright years...he 14-16 years old during that stretch...unbelievable striker of the ball with no lessons.

Never seen any huge naturals.. but many guys who have been playing for just a year or so and gotten to single digits or around 10 handicaps. Makes me wonder what the hell I was doing when I was younger. 10 or so years at the game and I'm only here.

Back