910H vs R11 Rescue

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone tried both? I hit both today for the third time in a sim and love the look of the 910H over the R11. I hit them both equally as well, maybe a slight advantage in feel to the R11 but not enough to sway me. The Kali stock shaft feels nice and not "stock" at all. The RIP 65 in the R11 was just there - no great variance in feeling, one way or another. Anyone hit the two side by side?

Has anyone tried both? I hit both today for the third time in a sim and love the look of the 910H over the R11. I hit them both equally as well, maybe a slight advantage in feel to the R11 but not enough to sway me. The Kali stock shaft feels nice and not "stock" at all. The RIP 65 in the R11 was just there - no great variance in feeling, one way or another. Anyone hit the two side by side?

I have not, but be aware that if you buy the 910H then it will cost you another $30 for the wrench to make adjustments...unless you have a matching driver and already have the wrench. (there was a whole thread about this yesterday)

That being said, I tried the Kai'Li and the RIP shafts in the 910 D3 driver and the Kai'Li is a perfect match for my swing. The RIP to me felt like PVC pipe or something because I just don't swing hard enough to really put it to work.

I have played both. I prefer the Mashie to both of them actually. Better shaft for my swing. If I had to choose, I would say R11 strictly because mine came with a wrench and I believe it costs less.

I'm pretty sure my guy will give me the wrench at no charge. I haven't tried the Mashie....will have to take a look.

I have not, but be aware that if you buy the 910H then it will cost you another $30 for the wrench to make adjustments...unless you have a matching driver and already have the wrench. (there was a whole thread about this yesterday)

$30 extra for a wrench? I'm assuming TM isn't charging any extra?

$30 extra for a wrench? I'm assuming TM isn't charging any extra?

Correct...as far as I know.

The wrench is gratis with the Titleist 910 drivers, but will cost extra with the FW or Hybrid.

Bought the 910 F today and asked them for a wrench. They said it didn't come with one so told them that I knew Titleist does send extras for those that don't have the 910 driver (I confirmed this with Titleist). Piece of cake. Knowing this would it still sway your decision? All you have todo is ask and if they don't give you one Titleist will ship you one at no charge.

I have played both. I prefer the Mashie to both of them actually. Better shaft for my swing. If I had to choose, I would say R11 strictly because mine came with a wrench and I believe it costs less.
Great point! I mentioned Titleist being a rip-off because of this point. They charge $50 more for a comparable hybrid and then they dont even include a wrench to go along with it to use the adjustable hosel that they make such a big deal about. I think Titleist makes great equipment, but they only thing they are #1 in is being a ripoff. Their commercials should say "Titleist, #1 rip-off on tour" or "Titleist rips off more golfers than all other companies combined"

Great point! I mentioned Titleist being a rip-off because of this point. They charge $50 more for a comparable hybrid and then they dont even include a wrench to go along with it to use the adjustable hosel that they make such a big deal about. I think Titleist makes great equipment, but they only thing they are #1 in is being a ripoff. Their commercials should say "Titleist, #1 rip-off on tour" or "Titleist rips off more golfers than all other companies combined"

Well I totally disagree. Plus I don't think you understand the difference between the 910H and the TM rescue 11. The 910H comes with a much better shaft than the regular TM rescue 11. The TM rescue 11 TP model will run you $219 which matches the standard options of the 910H. Titelist makes clubs with better stock shafts than the regular non TP TM models. Even if you upgrade to a better shaft with TM on the standard rescue 11 it will run around $220. I just pulled the trigger on a 910H 19*. Dont get me wrong I love the TM rescue 11 with the alpha 70 gram shaft. But It was going to take a month to get this thing ordered. TM is back logged with all the new Woods line coming out last week. So I went with the 910H.
Pics and reviews coming soon!!!
FYI !!! the TM torque wrench will also work for the 910H.

Here Is some pics of my new Titleist 910H 19* with Diamana White Stiff. I had great numbers on the launch monitor with this club. Going to test it at the range tomorrow. It felt like butter. I love the look of this hybrid its .5* open in the normal A1 setting at address.

I will update with reviews tomorrow!

Last edited:
Well I totally disagree. Plus I don't think you understand the difference between the 910H and the TM rescue 11. The 910H comes with a much better shaft than the regular TM rescue 11. The TM rescue 11 TP model will run you $219 which matches the standard options of the 910H. Titelist makes clubs with better stock shafts than the regular non TP TM models. Even if you upgrade to a better shaft with TM on the standard rescue 11 it will run around $220. I just pulled the trigger on a 910H 19*. Dont get me wrong I love the TM rescue 11 with the alpha 70 gram shaft. But It was going to take a month to get this thing ordered. TM is back logged with all the new Woods line coming out last week. So I went with the 910H.
Pics and reviews coming soon!!!
FYI !!! the TM torque wrench will also work for the 910H.

If you think the RIP is not a good stock shaft then there is something wrong, the RIP is one of the best shafts out there. I agree titleist has better stock shaft options in the driver and FW(non tp for tm) but hybrid is equally as good.

If you think the RIP is not a good stock shaft then there is something wrong, the RIP is one of the best shafts out there. I agree titleist has better stock shaft options in the driver and FW(non tp for tm) but hybrid is equally as good.

For some. I am in the minority I guess, but I dont care for the RIP at all.

For some. I am in the minority I guess, but I dont care for the RIP at all.

Ya not everybody but its in Allot of peoples bags. Its allot better than any other stock option they have had IMO

Here Is some pics of my new Titleist 910H 19* with Diamana White Stiff. I had great numbers on the launch monitor with this club. Going to test it at the range tomorrow. It felt like butter. I love the look of this hybrid its 5* open in the normal A1 setting at address.

I will update with reviews tomorrow!

Wow, a 5* open face seems a little extreme for a normal setting.

Acutally! In fact I have a R11 3 wood with the RIP beta on order. I loved that shaft at the demo day. The point that was said in the earlier post was that titleist was a rip off money wise compared to the rescue 11 NON TP. The stock NON TP rip shaft 65g for the TM rescue 11 is is cheaper for a reason the shaft. The stock 910H is of course going to be higher money wise because of the shaft alone. Now the TM TP rescue 11 rip beat 85g shaft is listed for $219 and that is a great shaft that compets with Titleist stock Diamana price wise and shaft quality wise. It was going to take over a month to order the TM rescue 11 with the TP rip shaft for me, so I went with the 910H.
Basically it boils down too, that TM makes two options for a wide range of golfers the TP and Non TP and Titleist only makes one version stock.

I know there is another thread for my thoughts on my Rescue review, but I just thought I'd chime in here because I have been testing the R11 rescue and will compare it to the 910h later this week. However, just on looks alone I like the looks of the R11 better. Not just because of the white either...I just don't care for the shape of the head on the 910h. When I look at it it makes me think "draw." Well at the end of last year I was having a problem hooking my hybrid and my 3-4 irons so I would not be confident looking down at the 910. The R11 has a more traditional shaped head, and it is also smaller I think, which I like.

Honestly, I dont think it can stack up to titleists stock offerings AT ALL. And what do you know, Titleist offers the RIP as an option.(in fws and drivers)

Honestly, I dont think it can stack up to titleists stock offerings AT ALL. And what do you know, Titleist offers the RIP as an option.(in fws and drivers)

i said they have better options in the FW and DRIVER did you not see that part? the hybrid is where its equall

I've got a 910H 19* with the Kali'. Outstanding club. Haven't hit the R11 rescue, but note that you can only adjust the loft on the R11. Whereas with the 910H you can adjust both loft and lie angle.

One negative about the 910H is that although it looks great, you don't want to accidentally strike the ball where the face meets the front of the crown. The paint chips off very easily.

Back