There is no "thinks" about it. Wide brim hats make a HUGE difference in the prevention of skin cancer.

Agree. Anytime you keep your skin from direct sunlight, you are doing yourself a big favor. May have been a poor choice of word.

Great informative posts about skin cancer.

I liked his hat. I would rather see Rory and other pros wearing Cowboy style hats than wearing fly fishing 'scarfs'. I thought wearing jeans was bad until Kaymer did what he did last weekend.

http://www.blackflyoutfitters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188&products_id=2382

Hey I actually like Matin's thing he wore! I thought it looked classy and I bet he wouldn't wear that in normal temp. conditions anyway. I bet that was warm.

AHEM.....
_41504464_greg1.jpg

The difference is that he can pull it off.....it looks cool on Greg! I'm glad Rory wears it for safety and not style, because it does not look "cool" on him...lol!

Hey I actually like Matin's thing he wore! I thought it looked classy and I bet he wouldn't wear that in normal temp. conditions anyway. I bet that was warm.

I also liked the Pashima-esque garb Kaymer wore. He pulled it off well. I'm not a big cowboy hat guy...but you gotta do what you gotta do for your health. Maybe Bill Murray could lend Rory a few new hats.

The difference is that he can pull it off.....it looks cool on Greg! I'm glad Rory wears it for safety and not style, because it does not look "cool" on him...lol!

Or this one.....

_41949918_rydersuttonlanger2.jpg

I had a spot similar to HoosierGolfer on my nose about 3 years ago. It did not meet the usual signs of skin cancer but never completely went away. A (good) friend had a similar spot and found out it was basal cell. I finally went to the dermatologist and to make a long story short, mine was lentigo melanoma. I had to have Moh's surgery (they cut a flap of skin on your nose to go in and get the cancer). Since then I wear more brimmed hats. Living in Tucson, Az for 40 years is great for golf but not skin cancer.

I also have worn one of the Shark hats but it sort of gets in the way. It takes some getting use to.

I wanted to make a joke about Rory's antics everytime he missed a putt on Sun. But can't bring myself to because this skin cancer is some serious s#@!

I like these hats! I'm all for the guys who dress a little differently to the branded cap brigade. Stand out from the crowd, people.

Now, skinny golfing trousers....bring them on!

I like these hats! I'm all for the guys who dress a little differently to the branded cap brigade. Stand out from the crowd, people.

Now, skinny golfing trousers....bring them on!

That look has already been around paulo, a la Shingo Katayama. In fact, it's not like this is a new look or anything.

That look has already been around paulo, a la Shingo Katayama. In fact, it's not like this is a new look or anything.

Yeah, I'm aware that it's been around for a while, but it's still minority. Also, how cool is Shingo really? His hat must be quite small.

Yeah, I'm aware that it's been around for a while, but it's still minority. Also, how cool is Shingo really? His hat must be quite small.

I see your point, and it really isn't the same hat per se. Shingo has his side bills folded up.

I could see you rocking a cowboy hat and some skinny pants paulo.

I see your point, and it really isn't the same hat per se. Shingo has his side bills folded up.

I could see you rocking a cowboy hat and some skinny pants paulo.

It's similar enough to be called the same I'd say.

Now you're talkin! I might just bring that this year. I was all set to go with the flat cap too!

It's similar enough to be called the same I'd say.

Now you're talkin! I might just bring that this year. I was all set to go with the flat cap too!

Maybe you should wear the Bubba style bucket hat? I think I am gonna rock some visors this year.

Maybe you should wear the Bubba style bucket hat? I think I am gonna rock some visors this year.

I couldn't pull that off at all. I'd look a bit like one of these guys -
bill_ben_350x250.jpg

Will you be going full flat brim on the visor?

No sir, no flat bill. I want to find the biggest.dumbest.visor I can find. I want to have the word "BUBBA" embroidered on it as well. No brand, no nothing, just "BUBBA".

Watch them ears TC. That southern sun can eat 'em up.

You will be the envy of the town. I like to stand out a little. Only thing is, I can BS to people when I stand out in everyday life to make me seem impressive. On the golf course, if you stand out, you better have the game to back it up! :D

Here you go Paulo, this is the hat I posted earlier. I don't think you have the problem with heat over there that we had, but this was a day that ran well over 100 degrees and no wind at all. These hat's are made to dunk in the water, I just ran mine under the cold water jug. Keeps you cool and you skin safe.

2010-06-26201232211.jpg

Now my swings a different matter, lol.

:in-love: :cowboy: :clapp:

Awesome look, I like it! Although you're of course right, if I wore that outfit over here, my kneecaps would fall out due to the wind chill.

How did you manage to photoshop out the splash mark on the water too? :wink:

:in-love: :cowboy: :clapp:

Awesome look, I like it! Although you're of course right, if I wore that outfit over here, my kneecaps would fall out due to the wind chill.

How did you manage to photoshop out the splash mark on the water too? :wink:

Haha, no photoshop needed, thats in the hole buddy.

Haha, no photoshop needed, thats in the hole buddy.

Of course, I shouldn't even have thought twice! Although, over here, we call it a 'bunker'. :D

Really though, I can't find fault with these hats! I'm feeling the need for one soon!

Of course, I shouldn't even have thought twice! Although, over here, we call it a 'bunker'. :D

Really though, I can't find fault with these hats! I'm feeling the need for one soon!

Hope it works for you in the wind. I cant wear mine if its blowin hard.

The flag on that hole was on the far right and I put the ball in that trash right of that, lol.

Back