TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

All this R11 talk makes me want to give it another try. I spent two rounds with it and frankly just did not see what all the other golfers were seeing. I must have the worst swing ever...hehe. But with all the buzz and the amazing rounds, I placed an order for a R11 with a Project X shaft in it that I like quite a bit. We will see if the new shaft makes me fall in love with the R11 and hit the bombs that everybody else is. I am so excited to see how it does, because frankly I have been a TM driver user for a long time and not having one in the bag feels weird...hehe

What loft did you go with?

Well, I caved and have decided to get an R11, I hit one a while back and liked the feel and enjoyed the white quite a bit. I am stoked!!!

Looking forward to this weekend. Golf Galaxy will finally have the R11 fairway wood in with the new resue club as well.

I got a standard R11 with a stock blur shaft (stiff) because I put up good numbers on the launch monitor with it. Will I be able to upgrade the shaft to something like an RIP if I feel the need to?

You can. You will just need the shaft adaptor for which ever shaft you decide to upgrade to. I believe they cost $30.

Actually I hit the R11 at Demo Day in 10.5 with RIP 2.0? Beta in X-flex, 9.5 PX 6.0, 9.5/10.5 Blur S & X, and maybe Speeder Motore S. I had Chad from Fuji put me in several shafts but those are all $200+ upgraded shafts.

I don't do fitting because limited area I live in and aren't available to fit me. I would if I could.

Exotics are limited in lofts with model I prefer (10.5 might be ok if I can pair it with low launching shaft) I checked these out many times. Srixon and Bridgestone are no since I don't think they make any lefties unless that has changed. Cleveland looking at TL310 to try next since feedback I've heard from littlepingman. I hit several Adams models at demo day with R, S, and X flex shafts and nothing really jumped out at me. I don't care for Nike clubs so that is out.

you spend that in one day on socks! hehe

Well, I caved and have decided to get an R11, I hit one a while back and liked the feel and enjoyed the white quite a bit. I am stoked!!!

What loft and shaft you going with?

WOW! Something must be in the water, everyone is getting one of these things around here! You going with the RIP shaft?

I have yet to hit this so I'm curious to hear what your thoughts are on this with the upgraded shaft option
All this R11 talk makes me want to give it another try. I spent two rounds with it and frankly just did not see what all the other golfers were seeing. I must have the worst swing ever...hehe. But with all the buzz and the amazing rounds, I placed an order for a R11 with a Project X shaft in it that I like quite a bit. We will see if the new shaft makes me fall in love with the R11 and hit the bombs that everybody else is. I am so excited to see how it does, because frankly I have been a TM driver user for a long time and not having one in the bag feels weird...hehe

I hit about 5 balls with one on the range while down in Florida for the PGA Show and was very impressed. I had to be careful though because I was just beginning my review of the BSF 2.0 so I didn't want to go falling in love with something right as I was stating to test something else. Now that I know the BSF 2.0 so well I'd love to get a few more cracks at an R11 just to experience what they're like.

Actually I hit the R11 at Demo Day in 10.5 with RIP 2.0? Beta in X-flex, 9.5 PX 6.0, 9.5/10.5 Blur S & X, and maybe Speeder Motore S. I had Chad from Fuji put me in several shafts but those are all $200+ upgraded shafts.

I don't do fitting because limited area I live in and aren't available to fit me. I would if I could.

Exotics are limited in lofts with model I prefer (10.5 might be ok if I can pair it with low launching shaft) I hit one model at Demo Day and checked these out many times. Srixon and Bridgestone are no since I don't think they make any lefties unless that has changed. Cleveland looking at TL310 to try next since feedback I've heard from littlepingman. I hit several Adams models at demo day with R, S, and X flex shafts and nothing really jumped out at me. I don't care for Nike clubs so that is out.

I guess we just differ. You said (feedback) that at demo day you loved the 910 and it ended up not working. So I guess my thoughts would be spend the money and get properly fit (travel if needed like you would to golf) rather than play a guessing game with drivers every month. Again, just my thoughts rather than just assuming you want X and going through the usual suspects with drivers. I mean no disrespect by this at all, I truly dont. Go back and look at the Mashie thread. You said "offset looked to be an issue and the lighter shaft would be an issue". This was based on your past experiences (how we all fit ourself) and in the end, it ended up working (and even with a R shaft at the demo day according to you). In the end, I hope you find what works best.

That to me suggests that with a real proper fitting (even if its just shaft and head for driver) the sky could be the limit in opening eyes to what is perfect for your game.

What loft did you go with?

I know buddy, I was just giving you a hard time

Ironic since originally I was told "just a fan"

Ironic since originally I was told "just a fan"

I remember reading that, but then I later figured out the latter

edit: people do not realize you are a freaken sponge on this forum

I got the 10.5 Fubuki shaft

Nice One-T! I will be awaiting your thoughts on this combo. I love the Fubuki in my ST but unfortunately we've only received 3-4 of the TP shafts for out fitting cart at work and none of them are shafts I'm interested in trying. :angry:

Did you get to hit the R11 with the Fubuki before you ordered it?

At the range now and getting ready to put some swings on it. No launch monitor and only about 20 balls, but we will be back shortly with a little writeup.

At the range now and getting ready to put some swings on it. No launch monitor and only about 20 balls, but we will be back shortly with a little writeup.

Are you hitting it with the Project X today? I didn't care for that shaft in the 910. I am curious what you think of it with the R11.

Nice One-T! I will be awaiting your thoughts on this combo. I love the Fubuki in my ST but unfortunately we've only received 3-4 of the TP shafts for out fitting cart at work and none of them are shafts I'm interested in trying. :angry:

Did you get to hit the R11 with the Fubuki before you ordered it?

Ours has an insane amount of shafts in there. I'd love to try a SF2.0 with a RIP in there. I also spied some R11 Rescues in there yesterday as well.. might need to sneak a peak again

Back