Golf Rain Gear - Packable or Not?

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I'm currently researching a rain gear combo that would allow me to use the jacket even in windy or cooler conditions and also be easy enough to pack into my bag and have available in case of rain. I'm really interested in jacket's that can be changed into vests or the short sleeve shirts. I'm also curious about pants that would convert into shorts. Does anyone have good recommendations of these convertible types?

The second major question is in relation to the "Packable" suits. I see them advertised as packable, but are they really that small when packed? Also how user friendly and comfortable are they to use?

I go hiking a lot and I have a packable jacket and pants. I usually only use the jacket when it rains and I'm golfing. Make sure the gear is breathable; a massive key that should not be overlooked. Check our backpacking and camping websites for good deals. Id recommend campmor.com

I'd go non packable and pack it in your bag. Sunice makes good stuff.

I dont know much about the convertible stuff.

From the iPhone.

Packable doesn't mean much to me. That is what the sidepockets on the bag are for. I just wear a good breathable waterproof/resistant shell that is comfortable as mostly I'm fending off the wind too. I'm not gonna continue a ryder cup monsoon type round if it starts raining that bad. Fisherman's raingear doesn't even keep a guy dry there. I've tried it all.

My Footjoy Dryjoy stuff is great in all weather conditions. You can get their jacket with removable sleeves, the pants are just that, pants. Very comfortable, breathable, waterproof and surprisingly warm. They fit in my side pockets with no issues. I also carry a bucket hat as well.

My Footjoy Dryjoy stuff is great in all weather conditions. You can get their jacket with removable sleeves, the pants are just that, pants. Very comfortable, breathable, waterproof and surprisingly warm. They fit in my side pockets with no issues. I also carry a bucket hat as well.

+1. I leave mine in the car though, and when it is windy/cold/raining I put them in my bag or golf cart.

I've got one of those neat little shell jackets that folds into it's own pockets. It's certainly not warm but it's done an excellent job of keeping me dry and not really restricting my movement.

I'd go non packable and pack it in your bag. Sunice makes good stuff.

I'll second that. Love my Sunice rain jacket. Comfy, looks good, breathes well, and still keeps you dry. I'm not a huge fan of the convertible stuff, and can't see a reason to go with packable. Plenty of space to store regular raingear in the side pockets of a bag if you need to.

I've got one of those neat little shell jackets that folds into it's own pockets. It's certainly not warm but it's done an excellent job of keeping me dry and not really restricting my movement.

+1 on this. I just put the pants part of this system in my bag and have a better Nike water proof slip over jacket I wear for warmth and dry. I like the big slip over pants so i have lots of room, Its frog togs

Back