Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

Here is a pic of the goody bag I received from THP yesterday!

http://img195.imageshack.us/i/027ovq.jpg/]
027ovq.jpg
[/URL]

aand we have our first picture!!!

I hope these come today. I will be at my indoor practice facility tomorrow and would love to test the short game aspect of these out before I start trying to hit them full shots. I totally agree with expanding our sample size. I have a few people who I would like to try these and see what they do for their game.

Can't wait to get out with these balls today. Plan to try and hit some Bubba style shots and see what happens.

I will probably be one of the last to get these since I'm on the West Coast. I won't be telling my playing partners the balls are illegal. See if they even notice I'm not playing the normal ball.

I will say now seeing the box that it could use another round of graphic redesigns. Not a fan of it at first brush.

Self correcting technology? Where have you been all my life? Can't wait to put these to the test! Thank you polara and THP!

Wish some of the people I know had self correcting technology. Some just don't seem to have a social filter and will do and say just about anything at any time. Hate those kind of surprises.

I didn't see the mailman drop anything at my door earlier.. unless it's going UPS. I look forward to trying these puppies out! I think they will definitely help my dad (if he can get one away from me).

These will be an interesting ball to test that's for sure. 75% reduction is drastic to say the least, so I should have a straight drive every time. Thanks THP and Polara. Looking forward to it!

Now if only they could self correct on my putts.

Can't wait to give these a spin (see what I did there?). I have been having some driver issues, so I will be very interested to see if these work as advertised.

These will be an interesting ball to test that's for sure. 75% reduction is drastic to say the least, so I should have a straight drive every time. Thanks THP and Polara. Looking forward to it!

"Up to 75%". Marketing speak to be taken with a spoonful of salt.

"Up to 75%". Marketing speak to be taken with a spoonful of salt.

To some extent, though apparently they had an independent test against topflight XL and Prov1 that showed a change in 60 yards of lateral dispersion.
They didn't publish a study, so I can't do to this what I did to the nutrition bar a couple months ago... but on the surface it seems like they did things the right way. Meassured distances, consistent swing (robot) at amateur speeds (95 mph).

I am not drinking the "cool aide" but it does appear they went through a good effort to make things legit.

I was thinking more about these balls last night [oh dear... here we go] and because of their asymetrical dimple pattern, they made me think of the "Hairy ball Theorem" in math. Where you cannot comb hairy balls, as you will end up with hairy tufts on either end - like these balls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_ball_theorem

I was thinking more about these balls last night [oh dear... here we go] and because of their asymetrical dimple pattern, they made me think of the "Hairy ball Theorem" in math. Where you cannot comb hairy balls, as you will end up with hairy tufts on either end - like these balls.

With a name like that- I am afraid to click the link...
First we had ole grays cold balls, and now this!

To some extent, though apparently they had an independent test against topflight XL and Prov1 that showed a change in 60 yards of lateral dispersion.
They didn't publish a study, so I can't do to this what I did to the nutrition bar a couple months ago... but on the surface it seems like they did things the right way. Meassured distances, consistent swing (robot) at amateur speeds (95 mph).

I am not drinking the "cool aide" but it does appear they went through a good effort to make things legit.

Kool Aid Gus, it's Kool Aid, "OH YA!"

Heh. But we can take one of these balls apart and put the pieces back together to make two exact copies of the same size, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banach–Tarski_paradox

OH BOY!! I can't wait to get my package. I already have a playing lesson lined up with my instructor on the sim for Saturday and on Sunday I'm going to hit the Par 3 in Fairfield that just opened for the season.

Just got home from work, and found a little package from THP waiting on my desk for me. Here are some pictures - can't wait to see if these live up to the marketing on the course!

**edit** No idea why I'm seeing this first picture upside down - it's uploaded right-side up!
001-2.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait to test these!

Them's be some funky lookin' bawls if i do say so meself.

Hopefully mine arrive tomorrow. I want to get a few holes in with them before the monsoon hits Thursday.

Awesome that some people are already receiving theirs. Looking forward to hearing how they perform.

I'm only about an hour and a half from THP HQ now, so it's almost cheating :smile:

Back