Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
So it appears this demo TEE XCG driver I bought for my daughter takes a .35 tip shaft. It seems the relatively affordable high launch shafts I've been looking at have .335 tips. What's the solution? An adapter? I see GolfWorks has a bunch of adapters that are specific to certain OEMs, but I don't see one for TEE.

Can it be accomplished by using a general adapter like this?

http://golfcraft.com/shoponline/shop-supplies/ferrules-and-adapters/.350-to-.335-bushing-ferrule

I hope there's a simple solution to this, because it seems .335 shafts are available in greater abundance, unless I'm missing something. I can contact Tour Edge tomorrow I suppose, but they closed at 5:00 and this is bugging the crap out of me. I just ordered myself a closeout XCG-V that will present the same problem.

Kevin

I've had a driver shaft shimmed and it worked just fine.

So it appears this demo TEE XCG driver I bought for my daughter takes a .35 tip shaft. It seems the relatively affordable high launch shafts I've been looking at have .335 tips. What's the solution? An adapter? I see GolfWorks has a bunch of adapters that are specific to certain OEMs, but I don't see one for TEE.

Can it be accomplished by using a general adapter like this?

http://golfcraft.com/shoponline/shop-supplies/ferrules-and-adapters/.350-to-.335-bushing-ferrule

I hope there's a simple solution to this, because it seems .335 shafts are available in greater abundance, unless I'm missing something. I can contact Tour Edge tomorrow I suppose, but they closed at 5:00 and this is bugging the crap out of me. I just ordered myself a closeout XCG-V that will present the same problem.

Kevin

Yeah you would think that they would have a universal adapter but I have never run into this problem so its hard to say for sure.

I've had a driver shaft shimmed and it worked just fine.

When you say shimmed, was the "shim" similar to that adapter in my link?

Kevin

I'm not sure as it's covered by tge ferrule now and I didn't see it installed. I bet Jman could answer that for you

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Just use a brass shim and call it a day

Back