What part is holding your game back?

Practice. I don't have any time for it anymore. My Job has become more demanding, and they're forcing us to do more with less. I don't have time to go to the range or practice my short game as much as I would like.

Another thing that hold me back is Par 3 scoring. I average almost a '5' on par 3 holes which is obviously horrible....I'm just not accurate enough on par 3's

I know I'm in no position to give advice or make suggestions but depending on lie, pin placement, etc I can use anything from a hybrid to bump n run with or a SW/LW

Im afraid I would hit the hybrid to hard and send it bouncing over the green. I usually try the pitch shot but having a tough time gauging on how hard to hit, wether or not to open the face, high pitch or low, etc etc..

use a putting motion with the hybrid that would get the ball halfway to the hole to compensate for the extra weight and hotter face than a putter would have....it's amazing what these things can do....runs the ball up and stops at the target no problem
Im afraid I would hit the hybrid to hard and send it bouncing over the green. I usually try the pitch shot but having a tough time gauging on how hard to hit, wether or not to open the face, high pitch or low, etc etc..

Right now the part that is holding my game back the most is, well... me. After a bum shoulder last year that I played through, the result now that it's finally healed up is my swing is a wreck from compensating/protecting the shoulder even if I didn't actively realize it last year. Compound this with being back in the gym and being stronger in general again, I'm fighting a wicked slice at times and also dealing with when my swing is on and I hit the ball smoothly it goes straight to start but just before it starts dropping I find it falling off to the right as it ends its flight.

I find myself blaming the regular flex shaft in my S2 when my swing is on for the fall off, because I hit a stiff razr hawk on a sim the other day and wasn't having the ball fall off to the right on a solid swing.

Once I get inside of fifty yards I can't seem to put the ball where I want it. Anything from 75 and out to 175ish is going on the green close to where I want it. Those friggin sand and lob wedges are killin me though!!!

use a putting motion with the hybrid that would get the ball halfway to the hole to compensate for the extra weight and hotter face than a putter would have....it's amazing what these things can do....runs the ball up and stops at the target no problem

Will try this next time out!

What do you think is the single part of your game that is keeping you from posting better scores?

I think mine is putting. If I could knock out the three putts, I think my scores would be a few strokes better.

This would help me a lot.

I have to admit the part that is holding my game back is without a doubt the game of 75 yards and in. Anything that is a half shot or pitch and even chip shots have been terrible the last several rounds I have played. I have decided to start hitting the ball this and blading it or hitting it fat on the longer shots for some reason. Really frustrating as I feel I'm hitting the ball fairly well outside of 75 yards and my putting has improved (not where I want it to be quite yet but better) but short game has got to get better. I will definitely be spending practice time dedicated to the short game.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

For me its my 3-wood. Im still not able to consistently hit a 220 yard shot off the deck.

Fairways hit, Both my driver and 3wd have turned on me. Nothing worse than playing 3 off the tee every other hole. Crazy part is my ironwork is improving, so I don't want to change there.

Putting is the main thing holding me back.

Driving and getting up and down. I used to be good at driving, but I developed a slice, and for some reason I lost all touch on my chips.

It was my putting but I have found the Mother Lode :blob:! I am really looking forward to the 2011 golf season and no, it's not a new putter :D

Right now, it's my long game. I need to get my driver under control to be able to use the rest of my skills to their potential.

Right now I don't think I have anything really clicking. If I had to pick one thing it would be putting although that seems to be coming around.

The body part that sits in between my ears! If I could get the mental part down I would put up good numbers all the time. I am my own worse enemy.

1 - sandtraps. cant get out of them.
2 - putting. working on putting this winter. looking forward to taking my practice to the course.

I am an equal opportunity golfer. I can mess up every phase of the game equally. Usually I am doing well one with one or two parts and messing up the others. If I am driving well, I can't finish well and end up three putting. If the short game is working, I really need it to be because I messed up my drive and only knocked it up to the next set of tees. I can make a Par 4 into a challenging Par 7 at the drop of the hat. If I am lucky I will grind out a Birdie 6. At least that is how I feel about it by the time a finish the hole.

Greens in Regulation are my failure point.

For my 2010 rounds, I hit 65% of fairways, only took 1.91 putts per hole, but only hit 20.7% GIR.

Where to start. My swing has abandoned me, zero confidence in my driver, swing my irons and pray the ball goes straight. My putting is all I have ATM. It will come I'm sure, just need to work through it.

balls out of bounds. Either it's due to my lack of playing or just being newer to the game that my two main shots are straight and big slice right with lots going OB or getting me into unplayable lies. If i can get rid of that bad slice, my putting is the best part of my game and my chipping/wedges are close behind.

girs - my approach shots are horrendous
id gladly 3 putt as long as i hit the green... it really sucks 1 putting for triple

blow up holes... ive had rounds that shoulda been career rounds except for 1 hole ill tin cup

consistency... ill shoot high 70s one day and wont break 100 the next
heck ill take it a step further my middle 9 today i went triple/par/single/par/double/par/single/double/par... i cant even keep it consistent on 9 holes hahaha

The big stick. But! I think I unlocked a big piece of this puzzle..... I cut down my 9064ls by 3/4 if an inch. Kid you not the next time I hit the thing it felt sooo different, much more accurate and no distance loss near as I could tell. Then I sold it to take a look at a new 2011 driver. I went in for a driver fitting and the best results came from the 910d3 (weird, smaller head performed better, but it had the same Aldila rip shaft as my 9064ls) and the Cleveland sl290 with the miyazaki shaft. I think it's going to be the 910 but I still want to hit pings line and hit the octane too. Fwiw I did not like the razr, r11 and superfast. Those were in the bottom, I REALLY like the look of the taylormade line though. They will
Have more shaft options this weekend for the r11 so were gonna give that another go as well.

Back