kkelley

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13
I am going to Maui for the first time this June and definately want to play some golf. We are staying at Kaanapli.

What would be the one "must play" course andy why?

Thanks!!!

Do you mind if I glom on to your thread?

I am going first time in April. Will be staying at Wailea. One round there for sure. I would like to pick another course for a second round.
I don't think I will be able to take time off from the family for more than two rounds.

All are great; I liked Kapalua Plantation because you will see it on TV and it is huge and spectacular.

With some of the downhill tee shots even a bunter like me can get near 300 yards.

Also not far from Kaanapali; some distance from Wailea

Last edited:
All are great; I liked Kapalua Plantation because you will see it on TV and it is huge and spectacular.

With some of the downhill tee shots even a bunter like me can get near 300 yards.

Also not far from Kaanapali; some distance from Wailea

I'm going to agree with Jean. Kapalua is the most expensive course I have ever played, but also the most fun. You can see the ocean and Molokai from almost every hole. The fairways are wide and the greens are big. When I played there, they had twilight rates that made it a bit more reasonable. Other than PGA National, it is the only other tour course that I have played, which makes the first week of January fun TV watching.

I'd vote for Kapalua Plantation too. The scenery is great. Another choice is taking a boat over to Lanai and playing there for the day. There's two courses on Lanai.
Wailea Gold is a great course too.

Back