Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought it was something constant, like your hard drive getting ready to crash on you.

Oh no, thank goodness. Although if it did, Apple Care would take care of that!
This was much more startling.

Just got a call from one of my techs that I have sent to Vernon BC, that his corporate credit card is at its limit and he can't get a hotel room for the night. The hotel can do a 3rd party authorization of my card, but only by fax, not by email! Now I have to get the kid dressed, get in the car, drive all the way to work just to fill out a fax and then send it back. What is this 1986? Just scan the document, email it to me, and then I will fill it out, scan it and send it back to you. This isn't that difficult. Grrrrrrrrrrrr see you all in an hour or two.

Just got a call from one of my techs that I have sent to Vernon BC, that his corporate credit card is at its limit and he can't get a hotel room for the night. The hotel can do a 3rd party authorization of my card, but only by fax, not by email! Now I have to get the kid dressed, get in the car, drive all the way to work just to fill out a fax and then send it back. What is this 1986? Just scan the document, email it to me, and then I will fill it out, scan it and send it back to you. This isn't that difficult. Grrrrrrrrrrrr see you all in an hour or two.

I'm surprised you can't just give them your card number over the phone.

I'm surprised you can't just give them your card number over the phone.

I'm back, that was brutal. Ya smalls I'm surprised they couldn't do that and other things. Well its done now!

does that mean I can't keep the flat screen tv and surround sound system?

does that mean I can't keep the flat screen tv and surround sound system?

Yes you can just cause your so damn handsome.

Reminds me of that commercial on tv. About how they are reminicing about Fax and stuff. Then the "ELDER" who is a guy in his 30's walks by and they comment on him talking about Floppy's. LOL

Reminds me of that commercial on tv. About how they are reminicing about Fax and stuff. Then the "ELDER" who is a guy in his 30's walks by and they comment on him talking about Floppy's. LOL

Ya I like that commercial, sometimes I feel like the elder these days.

How big's his limit?!
i've never heard of a corporate getting maxed out. Time to backcheck!

After a long day I just wanted to drink some beers watch a game and eat chicken wings til I start to grow feathers, but nooooo someone beat me to it and buffalo wild wings is out of wings. Wtf!

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

That sucks breeze. You should tell him to sleep in the car for the night :D

I had to cut my gym session short today, I didn't eat enough and went through a pretty tough back workout. As I was finishing my last set for the last excersize, I got up and felt super dizzy, and almost felt like I was going to pass out. For the next 10-15 mins I felt like I was going to throw up. So Instead of doing triceps I just went home. My own stupidity today.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't he just put it on HIS card and turn it in when he gets back to the office?

Just out of curiosity, why didn't he just put it on HIS card and turn it in when he gets back to the office?

He could have done that, but we try to keep everything on corporate cards just for accounting reasons. I am going to have to increase his limit a little bit though, I don't like having to do this.

He could have done that, but we try to keep everything on corporate cards just for accounting reasons. I am going to have to increase his limit a little bit though, I don't like having to do this.

When I bought a lot of things on credit cards for the last company I worked for (plane tickets, rental cars, gas, you name it) I had the choice of using mine or using the Vice-President's card. So I used mine. With cash back. I made over $2,000 in cash back one year. The boss even said if I didn't have a card that got cash back that I should get one. They got screwed over a few times with company cards, so only the VP's had them.

When I bought a lot of things on credit cards for the last company I worked for (plane tickets, rental cars, gas, you name it) I had the choice of using mine or using the Vice-President's card. So I used mine. With cash back. I made over $2,000 in cash back one year. The boss even said if I didn't have a card that got cash back that I should get one. They got screwed over a few times with company cards, so only the VP's had them.

Ya that is an option for myself and some of the other managers and owners, but we have found success with giving small limit corporate cards to all of our techs (we have a lot of them) and the giant plan to which they all belong gives the company a lot of perks. I am not privy to all the financial wheelings and dealings as I'm not in admin, but I do use my own card for a lot of bigger purchases just for what you said above.

How big's his limit?!
i've never heard of a corporate getting maxed out. Time to backcheck!

I've never heard of that either. On a related note, I did have to "scold" one of my new engineers because he was in Chicago for training last week and went over his meal limit one day. I approved his expense report anyway, but it was flagged by the system. I just hope my director doesn't scrutinize my team's expenses too closely next month.

I had to cut my gym session short today, I didn't eat enough and went through a pretty tough back workout. As I was finishing my last set for the last excersize, I got up and felt super dizzy, and almost felt like I was going to pass out. For the next 10-15 mins I felt like I was going to throw up. So Instead of doing triceps I just went home. My own stupidity today.

I had the same problem tonight at the gym. I lifted for about 30 minutes then jumped on the elliptical. I stopped after 25 minutes because I could feel that my blood sugar was low. I drove home and checked - I was down to 47! I had a granola bar before I left for the gym thinking it would tie me over, but obviously I was wrong. My wife scolded me because I'm not eating enough before a workout.

Was at GT tonight:
Standard E6 ball, 1 dozen: $25
Yellow E6 ball, 1 doze: $40

Bah.

While I'm at it, bah to hybrids. I hit over 100 shots tonight with 13 different hybrids with indifferent results.

Also it's pretty easy to max our coporate cards no matter the limit. The larger the limit, the less accounting is all over the card and it's pretty easy to get it up there when I bunch of trips get pilled on.

Was at GT tonight:
Standard E6 ball, 1 dozen: $25
Yellow E6 ball, 1 doze: $40

Bah.

While I'm at it, bah to hybrids. I hit over 100 shots tonight with 13 different hybrids with indifferent results.

Also it's pretty easy to max our coporate cards no matter the limit. The larger the limit, the less accounting is all over the card and it's pretty easy to get it up there when I bunch of trips get pilled on.

Dicks was selling the yellow e6 for $22.00 on clearance here where I live.

I woke up like every morning... gave myself 15 minutes for breakfast like always... open the first box of cereal - the dregs. Just powder and whatever. Open the second box, same thing, open the third, same thing. #$*(@& 15 minutes later I finish eating my bowl of 3 kinds of powder so I wolf down my two boiled eggs, brush and run out the door.
Got to my bus stop at the same time as my bus, get on, and there are 2 people taking up the space of 5 people. Both have their bags taking up a seat, and one is sprawled out like he's the prince of persia. #$*(@&^2
THEN a VERY large gentleman gets on and crushes me against a pole since I"m standing up and he can't fit down the aisle, and sits down next to some poor lady and I hear her groan in pain as a good 30% of him overflowed onto her.

I've been feeling quite over weight lately, but at least I"m not like that.

I woke up like every morning... gave myself 15 minutes for breakfast like always... open the first box of cereal - the dregs. Just powder and whatever. Open the second box, same thing, open the third, same thing. #$*(@& 15 minutes later I finish eating my bowl of 3 kinds of powder so I wolf down my two boiled eggs, brush and run out the door.
Got to my bus stop at the same time as my bus, get on, and there are 2 people taking up the space of 5 people. Both have their bags taking up a seat, and one is sprawled out like he's the prince of persia. #$*(@&^2
THEN a VERY large gentleman gets on and crushes me against a pole since I"m standing up and he can't fit down the aisle, and sits down next to some poor lady and I hear her groan in pain as a good 30% of him overflowed onto her.

I've been feeling quite over weight lately, but at least I"m not like that.

Maybe it's just me, but I would have gone over and sat down. Made them move their crap off the seat. If there's room to sit, I'm not standing up. Were the jerks making women stand up too? If so, I'd have brought that up, loudly.

Maybe it's just me, but I would have gone over and sat down. Made them move their crap off the seat. If there's room to sit, I'm not standing up. Were the jerks making women stand up too? If so, I'd have brought that up, loudly.

No, no ladies were standing. I guess I'm too polite to inconvenience people like that - despite being inconvenienced myself. Prince of Persia looked like he didn't even know where he was with his mouth all agape and a stare as blank as a fresh sheet of printer paper.

Whenever I sit next to someone who has an open seat, I always make sure I don't touch them ie: I give them 60%, I take 40%, and hang a leg off.

I was thinking the same thing.

Plan was to golf today, but been messing with this stupid computer for the last 2+ hours trying clean everything out. So much for golf. :angry:

Plan was to golf today, but been messing with this stupid computer for the last 2+ hours trying clean everything out. So much for golf. :angry:

Just make sure to do all that stuff once a month. Things will run so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back