Distance difference between Mashie M2 and FL launcher 15 degree?

Lazarosc

Reaction score
Handicap
~14
Hi guys,

Those of you that are gaming both the Cleveland Mashie M2 and Cleveland launcher FL 3W (15 degree), what are the rough distances you're seeing with each club? I hit both on a launch monitor but the distances did not seem to be accurate and I can't get any demos to try at a range or course.

Just want to make sure there is a big enough gap between these two clubs to even out my set.

Thanks

The FL's are LONG, so I would expect the difference to be pretty substantial. I hit the 19° Launcher as far or farther than I've ever hit any of my previous 3 woods.

FW Wood - 230
Mashie M2 - 215

The FL's are LONG, so I would expect the difference to be pretty substantial. I hit the 19° Launcher as far or farther than I've ever hit any of my previous 3 woods.

Wow, hitting a 5W further than any other 3 wood you've hit is crazy. I heard they were long and the face certainly felt hot when I was hitting in the nets but I didn't realise they were that LONG. Thanks for the info Hawk.

FW Wood - 230
Mashie M2 - 215

Hmmm, was hoping for a little larger spread than that. Thanks for the info JB.

Anyone else out there playing both the Cleveland FL 15 degree 3W and the Mashie M2? Would love to hear the distances your getting from each club.

To clarify, the 3 wood is probably my weakest club. The added loft is a big factor for me.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Guys don't forget that Cleveland makes 3 different 3W (13*, 15*, & 17*) I recently replaced my 15* for the 17*. I find the 17* easier to hit off the fairway and don't lose much distance from the 15*. Just another option out there and don't get me wrong the Mashies are the best I have the M3 & M4.

Guys don't forget that Cleveland makes 3 different 3W (13*, 15*, & 17*) I recently replaced my 15* for the 17*. I find the 17* easier to hit off the fairway and don't lose much distance from the 15*. Just another option out there and don't get me wrong the Mashies are the best I have the M3 & M4.

I agree! I hit the 17° 10 yards farther than the 15°. I kind of wish I had tried the 19° against the 17° now because it was something else at the outing last year. I swear the 5 wood is the easiest fairway I've ever hit and just goes a mile. I didn't even try it when I did my fitting because I hit the M3 so well.

I recently replaced my 15* for the 17*. I find the 17* easier to hit off the fairway and don't lose much distance from the 15*. Just another option out there and don't get me wrong the Mashies are the best I have the M3 & M4.

Hi ranger, what distance were you hitting the 15 degree? What distance are you hitting the 17 degree? What distance do you get out of your Mashie M3?

I agree! I hit the 17° 10 yards farther than the 15°. I kind of wish I had tried the 19° against the 17° now because it was something else at the outing last year. I swear the 5 wood is the easiest fairway I've ever hit and just goes a mile. I didn't even try it when I did my fitting because I hit the M3 so well.

Hi Kelly, thank you for your input. What distance do you get out of the FL 17 degree and the Mashie M3?

Hi Kelly, thank you for your input. What distance do you get out of the FL 17 degree and the Mashie M3?

Sorry I can't really give you that information yet since my FL 17 arrived with a broken shaft and had to be reordered. I have only hit the M3 on one hole so far and it was a downhill par 5 so it would be hard for me to judge. I will say that I got very similar distance from the M3 as I did my old 5 wood.

Keeping in mind that I do not have access to launch monitors or any other Hi tech equipment. And also that I am by no means a long hitter this is what I plan for these clubs.

3W (15*) = 230 to 240 club
M3 = 195 to 200ish
3W(17*) = 220 -230

Also keep in mind that I play in the desert and this includes the ton of roll I get after carry distance. The 17* is brand new and only used it for one round on the last tee box I needed a shot that went 229 range and almost blew the fairway with the shot. I hope this helps I can GPS some distances if you need more data? Sorry.

Sorry I can't really give you that information yet since my FL 17 arrived with a broken shaft and had to be reordered.

Awww, that must have been horrible. Must have been a roller coaster of emotions when you received the package. Sorry to hear. Thanks anyway Kelly.

3W (15*) = 230 to 240 club
M3 = 195 to 200ish
3W(17*) = 220 -230.

Thanks very much ranger, that info helps a lot. No need to GPS distances for me but thank you very much for the offer. I just need a few more members to post their numbers and I should have all the info I need. Thanks again ranger.

If you read through the Mashie testing thread, you should see quite a few members with their info.

If you read through the Mashie testing thread, you should see quite a few members with their info.

Thanks JB. I'm pretty sure I have read every single word in that thread though. I suppose I'm looking for a few others who play this combination of clubs to tell me what kind of a gap there is between the two clubs for them. The mashie thread is great for what kind of distances people are seeing from the Mashie range but as far as I can remember, no one person has written about the distance they see from the M2 compared to the 15 degree launcher.

I would ordinarily gather the info I need myself by taking some demos to a range or course but I can't find a golf shop that will allow me to do this. I'm hoping there are few members here that game that exact combination so that I can compare their gaps and work out whether I'm better off going with the M3 instead of the M2.

Hi guys,

Those of you that are gaming both the Cleveland Mashie M2 and Cleveland launcher FL 3W (15 degree), what are the rough distances you're seeing with each club? I hit both on a launch monitor but the distances did not seem to be accurate and I can't get any demos to try at a range or course.

Just want to make sure there is a big enough gap between these two clubs to even out my set.

Thanks

Anyone else out there have experience with hitting both of these clubs? I'm going to buy tomorrow and would love some more info before i make the purchase.

Anyone else out there have experience with hitting both of these clubs? I'm going to buy tomorrow and would love some more info before i make the purchase.

I would think there would be plenty of gap between these two clubs. The FW wood should go much further with the longer shaft (43.50" vs. 40.75"), larger head and 3* less loft. I hit my M3 again today and I'm thinking it's definitely going to be a good bit shorter than my 5 wood (20.5 vs. 19) but I haven't put them head to head to tell the exact distance.

i second kellybo....
just basing off the specs, u should get a fair distance more than the m3 with the fw....
if not then it could be you being more comfortable hitting with the hybrid or vice versa....

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help me out. Today, I will be buying a Launcher SL290 9*, FL 3W 15* and an M2. You have such a wonderful site here in THP, with so many wonderful people willing to help out. I look forward to paying that forward and helping others on this site in the future. Thanks again everyone.

Looking forward to your thoughts when you get them out on the course, dude.

Thank you all very much for taking the time to help me out. Today, I will be buying a Launcher SL290 9*, FL 3W 15* and an M2. You have such a wonderful site here in THP, with so many wonderful people willing to help out. I look forward to paying that forward and helping others on this site in the future. Thanks again everyone.

Congrats on some great choices! We can compare notes as we break them in!

I have had the same thought but on the FW relative to the M1. I played today and only used the M1 off the tee and was getting better distance/yardage then my driver. Now most of that is i am terrible with a driver. Was getting 225 pretty consistently off the tee. Am curious how much further the low launch 3W would be and would take the driver out of my bag.

Looking forward to your thoughts when you get them out on the course, dude.

Will do Hawk. I'm leaving tomorrow for a weekend at a golf resort. I'll be playing 2 rounds with these bad boys in my bag. I'll definitely check in with an update.

Congrats on some great choices! We can compare notes as we break them in!

Sounds great Kelly, look forward to it.

I have had the same thought but on the FW relative to the M1. I played today and only used the M1 off the tee and was getting better distance/yardage then my driver. Now most of that is i am terrible with a driver. Was getting 225 pretty consistently off the tee. Am curious how much further the low launch 3W would be and would take the driver out of my bag.

I'll definitely post an update in this thread with some on course results. I'll have more info for you on Monday.

Cleveland is doing a Demo day this weekend at our home course. Im going to try our the M2 and M1 vs my 3 wood. I may have a new club come Sunday.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with an update. Played 2 rounds a couple of weekends ago; one was a four man Ambrose and the other was stroke play.

Ambrose:
It turns out that playing Ambrose is not the best format to test out longer clubs, Lol. I hit the 15* FL 3W once and the Mashie M2 once. M2 was a tee shot on a dog leg par 4 which came off the toe. It was a high push right and ended in the trees. There isn't much feedback I can give on distance but I can say that it felt more forgiving than any other toe shot from an 18 - 24 degree club I've hit (this is however the first Hybrid i've played). The 3W was also off the Tee on a Par 4 which had a stream running across the fairway at about 260m (285 yards). No chance I was going to fly a driver 270m (300 yards) so out came the 3W. Is this thing a rocket launcher or what? I didn't go after it and the ball came off toe side of the sweet spot but the ball ended up about 240m (265 yards) down the fairway. Wow, what a nice feeling club. Flight was penetrating but ended up a little high and landed soft.

Stroke Play:
Let me start by saying this round was the most frustrating round I've played in years. The wind was wreaking havoc; by far the strongest wind I've had to manage. Into the breeze, I was playing 4-6 clubs more than I would on a still day. A well hit drive which started on the left hand side rough of a 50m (55yd) wide fairway ended on the adjoining hole's fairway to the right. The conditions were tough to say the least and I started to get experimental, trying to hit stingers to take the wind out of play. Bad idea Laz!! Lost my timing and my swing got progesively worse as the round went on. Suffice to say that I received absolutely no feedback on distances from that round whatsoever.

To summarize, played 2 rounds with these clubs in my bag and still couldn't tell you the distance difference between the M2 and the 15* FL 3W. Lol. Hoping to get out for a round this weekend for more tests. Will report back soon.

Back