TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Ours has an insane amount of shafts in there. I'd love to try a SF2.0 with a RIP in there. I also spied some R11 Rescues in there yesterday as well.. might need to sneak a peak again

I wish I could say the same. Taylormade has been unusually sketchy with their fitting carts in regards to the R11.

Nice One-T! I will be awaiting your thoughts on this combo. I love the Fubuki in my ST but unfortunately we've only received 3-4 of the TP shafts for out fitting cart at work and none of them are shafts I'm interested in trying. :angry:

Did you get to hit the R11 with the Fubuki before you ordered it?

well now I am nervous to bring back some good thoughts...haha

I did not hit it before I ordered. I just went through the custom options on shafts, did some research and came to the conclusion that the Fubuki was for me. I currently have a Project X 6.0 that is tipped for the R9 that I am going to swing with the R11 as well.

I like the idea of getting a different shaft from the one that you already own...mini shaft test for the R11....nice!

I did not hit it before I ordered. I just went through the custom options on shafts, did some research and came to the conclusion that the Fubuki was for me. I currently have a Project X 6.0 that is tipped for the R9 that I am going to swing with the R11 as well.

I'm willing to bet you will like the Fubuki. I tried all the available shafts for the SuperTri and the Fubuki felt the best to me. I will be interested to hear what you think of the Project X in the R11 too. I've tried it in the 910 and didn't care for it.

Does the fubuki launch a little lower than the blur? I had the 10.5 set to almost all the way open and ASP to C but found it just a little to high. Im thinking with just a little lower launching shaft I could have gotten even more distance out of it.

Does the fubuki launch a little lower than the blur? I had the 10.5 set to almost all the way open and ASP to C but found it just a little to high. Im thinking with just a little lower launching shaft I could have gotten even more distance out of it.

Try the RIP Alpha, Fubuki is a mid-high launch shaft.

I'm willing to bet you will like the Fubuki. I tried all the available shafts for the SuperTri and the Fubuki felt the best to me. I will be interested to hear what you think of the Project X in the R11 too. I've tried it in the 910 and didn't care for it.

I liked the X in the Supertri, thanks to young Thainer, its his setup that I am just borrowing til the outing.

The Fubuki is a mid launch, I need a higher launching shaft so thats why I went Fubuki, to be honest I didnt even look at the Blur specs cause I was customizing it. You sound like you just need a lower launching shaft

As stated the Fubuki is a Mid launch which for me can get a little high at times but I love the feel and mash my ST with it. Try the RIP Alpha or the Diamana 'Aihinna (spelling?). I believe both of those shafts have higher kick points.

Spent some time on the range with the new driver with the PX shaft and it did make a pretty big difference in my feelings about the driver. Still not sure I care for the sound of the driver, but the spin was definitely a little higher for me which was good. Overall more testing is needed for sure, but its at least working at this point for me.

Spent some time on the range with the new driver with the PX shaft and it did make a pretty big difference in my feelings about the driver. Still not sure I care for the sound of the driver, but the spin was definitely a little higher for me which was good. Overall more testing is needed for sure, but its at least working at this point for me.
Progress is good.....thanks for the feedback!

Cool stuff JB. Glad you are getting more out of it this time 'round.

Try the RIP Alpha, Fubuki is a mid-high launch shaft.

I liked the X in the Supertri, thanks to young Thainer, its his setup that I am just borrowing til the outing.

The Fubuki is a mid launch, I need a higher launching shaft so thats why I went Fubuki, to be honest I didnt even look at the Blur specs cause I was customizing it. You sound like you just need a lower launching shaft

As stated the Fubuki is a Mid launch which for me can get a little high at times but I love the feel and mash my ST with it. Try the RIP Alpha or the Diamana 'Aihinna (spelling?). I believe both of those shafts have higher kick points.

Well I mean it wasnt to high, but some were getting up there. I think a mid launch might be what i need, but then again I dont know the specs on the blur. It needed to be about 10-15 feet or so lower. Im not sure if thats drastic change or not in 10-15 feet though?

good deal, at least its starting to get better. Test the crap out of it lol

Well I mean it wasnt to high, but some were getting up there. I think a mid launch might be what i need, but then again I dont know the specs on the blur. It needed to be about 10-15 feet or so lower. Im not sure if thats drastic change or not in 10-15 feet though?

Do you mean 10-15 degrees? That's how I'm used to looking at launch numbers. The Blur is a Mid-High launch so I would think moving to a Mid launch wouldn't make a drastic difference.

hmmmm, so the Project X brought more spin....I really will have a tough choice on my hands

Do you mean 10-15 degrees? That's how I'm used to looking at launch numbers. The Blur is a Mid-High launch so I would think moving to a Mid launch wouldn't make a drastic difference.

No, feet. I was eye ballin it at the range when I had one a few weeks back. Just looked like it needed to be 10-15 or so feet lower. I'm probably off though. Guessing maybe a low-mid launch shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmmm, so the Project X brought more spin....I really will have a tough choice on my hands

Not in numbers I cannot say because not with a monitor. But I got the ball up a little bit more.

Not in numbers I cannot say because not with a monitor. But I got the ball up a little bit more.

yeah, I got what you were sayin, I didnt think you had the monitor with you.

So is that spin or launch angle or both? Spin is more closely related to the club head right?

Ahhhh that PX with R11 graphics is nice.

Well my time with the R11 has come. R11 TP with Fubuki Alpha 60 has arrived. Let the testing begin and hopefully this ends up being my driver this year.

Demo day at Golf Galaxy this weekend! If all goes well the R11 driver will be mine! Oh yes, she will be mine...

Here are a few pics of the R11 with Fubuki Alpha 60 shaft. Had to give the headcover props because its so much better then previous years.

457d84f8.jpg

17c0f93f.jpg

e6e1f8f3.jpg

Nice driver OEM, really nice. I don't know how you did it but its sweet.

Back