Haney Ripping on Foley on Twitter

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
Hank has been on a roll all morning ripping on Sean Foley, after seeing some comments Foley made about him in Golf Magazine.

Here are a couple of selections:

HankDHaney Hank Haney
RT @jrhjr: im not a dr, but id be willing 2 bet that SFs deep rooted anger has something 2 do w/ him being a long-suffering mapleleafs fan

HankDHaney Hank Haney
RT @ShawnKillebrew: Sean Foley = clueless. He is sure he has the answers and no one else does

Is Haney saying that or is he just RT'ing it?

I love it when golf nerds go at it via Twitter.

Sean Foley is a joke in my opinion. He's taking Tiger's one big strength (his athleticism) and completely ignoring it.

To be fair I think Haney is ocerrated as well lol. Well I dont know but I vote Thainer as Tigers next coach. Seriously check out my sweetspot smash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, this just shows Haneys jealousy of Foley. No more fame, no more paycheck, no more number one.

From the iPhone.

I love it when golf nerds go at it via Twitter.

Sean Foley is a joke in my opinion. He's taking Tiger's one big strength (his athleticism) and completely ignoring it.

Have to agree. I would say TW was at his best with Butch.

Agree with FLTC, love when two nerds go at each other in public like that. Funny thing is neither one of them has a clue.

Tiger should have stayed with Harmon. I never really understood his swing change in the middle of his career after winning 6 or 7 majors.

To me, this just shows Haneys jealousy of Foley. No more fame, no more paycheck, no more number one.

From the iPhone.

From what I understand, Haney did not get paid by Tiger. I guess Tiger considers his association with a coach as payment enough, thinking it will bring more business to the coach. I don't really think Haney is jealous either, he just doesn't seem the type. I follow him on Twitter, and he seems to call it like he sees it.

To be fair I think Haney is ocerrated as well lol. Well I dont know but I vote Thainer as Tigers next coach. Seriously check out my sweetspot smash.

He already got a head nod from Tiger, so they already have a relationship. hehehe

Lord, I apologize for that, and be with the pygmies down in New Guinea.

From what I understand, Haney did not get paid by Tiger. I guess Tiger considers his association with a coach as payment enough, thinking it will bring more business to the coach. I don't really think Haney is jealous either, he just doesn't seem the type. I follow him on Twitter, and he seems to call it like he sees it.

Haney helped tiger for free? Doubt that.

From the iPhone.

Tiger should have stayed with Harmon. I never really understood his swing change in the middle of his career after winning 6 or 7 majors.

Couldnt agree more.

We've heard Tiger is cheap with swing coaches before. I remember the stories about him not paying Butch much.

From the iPhone.

I was going to say the same thing. To be honest Foley in my opinion isn't doing that great of a job. I've seen the transition from Haney to Foley and I hardly see a difference besides his finish. I'm sure there are a few suttle things in there but I just don't understand why he left Haney.

From the iPhone.

Quoted from Golf Digest:

Guy Yocum: Did Tiger pay you well?

Haney: I don't want to answer that. There's no reason for me to go there.

Yocum: It's been said that Tiger views any association with him as helping that person out. Do you go along with that?

Haney: You said it, I didn't.

I'm obviously not the only one who thinks Haney didn't get paid, or at least not very well.

Tiger Woods w/ Sean Foley is no different from a Sean O'Hair or a Hunter Mahan. They all have identical swings at this point. Foley's approach is to make guys accurate (fwy and gir machines), and TIger's getting there. The one thing they all have in common.....piss poor short games. Good luck Tigger.

I was going to say the same thing. To be honest Foley in my opinion isn't doing that great of a job. I've seen the transition from Haney to Foley and I hardly see a difference besides his finish. I'm sure there are a few suttle things in there but I just don't understand why he left Haney.

Haney left him, though I'm sure there is more to it then that. I'm still wondering why he wanted to overhaul his swing. He just came off a solid season(although 0 Majors because he coughed one up to Yang) and played good enough to be in contention at the Masters. MC at Quail Hollow and wasn't playing worse then normal for him at Sawgrass.

Love all the comments here. I don't think either of them did or are doing a great job with Tigers swing, and while it will never happen, he should swallow his pride, go back to Butch and say sorry but fix me please. His swing never looked better or more athletic than it did with Harmon. I was always a believer that what made Tiger head and shoulders about the rest was his athletisim, you take someone with incredible golf skill and give him the athletic ability of an NBA player (ish) and you have the perfect golfer. Foley is missing this IMHO.

Haney left him, though I'm sure there is more to it then that. I'm still wondering why he wanted to overhaul his swing. He just came off a solid season(although 0 Majors because he coughed one up to Yang) and played good enough to be in contention at the Masters. MC at Quail Hollow and wasn't playing wose then normal for him at Sawgrass.

My mistake. I guess we are all under the assumption that he didn't want to be brought down and tied in with Tigers shenanigans.

I didn't mind Tigers swing with Haney. I guess anytime you can win almost 35% of the time you are doing something right. I just hope he gets back in to the winners circle soon. Golf is exciting right now and it would be even more excited IMO with Tiger near his best.

Haney just coming back from statements Foley made about him in golf.com interview:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2057896,00.html

"Haney once said, "I always felt like I knew Tiger from observing. I did not feel I knew him from knowing him." Has that been true in your case?
Hank built most of his career around Tiger. I found most of that interview to be unprofessional. I don't understand how, if you don't get to know the person, how you can teach them. There is the business aspect of it where you have to keep things separate from that standpoint, but if you're spending eight hours a day with this person you have to have some things in common. There was no way I was ever going to be able to stand on the range with anyone who was not kind to people or rude just to make my career better. I could care less about it. There has to be a semblance of ethics and values in the person. It's interesting to see how hard Tiger works. How kind he is to the people at Isleworth. He's a solid guy."

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2057896,00.html#ixzz1G7wPvEYa

Foley just seems pissed at world since everyone is 5"+ taller than him.

I agree FLTC, where is Tigers putter? Its been missing for years now. And even his chipping has been suspect at best. Someone tweet Sean Foley and ask him if he even knows what a putter is used for. That guy is such a science nerd, how did he even become a swing coach?

I agree FLTC, where is Tigers putter? Its been missing for years now. And even his chipping has been suspect at best. Someone tweet Sean Foley and ask him if he even knows what a putter is used for. That guy is such a science nerd, how did he even become a swing coach?

In Canada anyone can become a swing coach, you just have to put up your hand when they are giving out jobs!

I agree, but I also think it has to do with continuously improving. They don't want to stay at the same level they want to improve, sometimes it doesn't work out. Look at Kuchar, came off an awesome year and decided to revamp his putting game. Padraig did the same a short time ago.

Tiger Woods w/ Sean Foley is no different from a Sean O'Hair or a Hunter Mahan. They all have identical swings at this point. Foley's approach is to make guys accurate (fwy and gir machines), and TIger's getting there. The one thing they all have in common.....piss poor short games. Good luck Tigger.

Did you see Tiger's new practice facility??

I was always a believer that what made Tiger head and shoulders about the rest was his athletisim, you take someone with incredible golf skill and give him the athletic ability of an NBA player (ish) and you have the perfect golfer.

Tiger made it cool for an athlete to play golf, look at the newer stars now... DJ, Kaymer, Donald, Kim (if he finds his game back), Fowler are all athletic. Tiger set the pace and everyone is trying to catch up ( and if Tiger doesn't get better, they've already caught/passed him)

What tour players is Haney working with at this point? Anyone?

Back