Haney Ripping on Foley on Twitter

What tour players is Haney working with at this point? Anyone?

Rush.
I dont think Haney needs the money. I'm sure he is getting paid very well for all his projects, endorsements and schools. What he needs to do is find the next Tiger Woods at one of his schools.

What he needs to do is find the next Tiger Woods at one of his schools.
If Haneys method is sound shouldn't he be able to teach it to anyone?

Like other said he isn't right now. He is mainly focusing on his junior schools of golf.

Haney just coming back from statements Foley made about him in golf.com interview:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2057896,00.html

"Haney once said, "I always felt like I knew Tiger from observing. I did not feel I knew him from knowing him." Has that been true in your case?
Hank built most of his career around Tiger. I found most of that interview to be unprofessional. I don't understand how, if you don't get to know the person, how you can teach them. There is the business aspect of it where you have to keep things separate from that standpoint, but if you're spending eight hours a day with this person you have to have some things in common. There was no way I was ever going to be able to stand on the range with anyone who was not kind to people or rude just to make my career better. I could care less about it. There has to be a semblance of ethics and values in the person. It's interesting to see how hard Tiger works. How kind he is to the people at Isleworth. He's a solid guy."

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2057896,00.html#ixzz1G7wPvEYa

Foley just seems pissed at world since everyone is 5"+ taller than him.

Hey now!! No making fun of us wee people

Anybody else seem to think that Sean Foley teaches the Stack & Tilt? I'm sure Haney frowns upon this. He has been very active on Twitter lately. He sent me a couple of Tweets when I was asking about his opinion on Johnny Miller's skills in the broadcast booth.

Haha. I liked that Foley interview. Still dont think he is a match for El Tigre but liked the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Tigers swing looks the worse it has ever been. I just don't like how he gets back to the ball. I am no expert but it just doesn't match up with Tiger to me. I always felt he had the perfect swing with Butch and he seemed able to control it the best of all his swings to me.

The biggest issue for Tiger is his short game. Before you used to be able to recover with his short game and putting but the last couple of years he looks like a 5 handicap at best.

Better to be thought of as a fool than to open one's mouth (or twitter, video, pic, or email) and remove all doubt.

I agree, but I also think it has to do with continuously improving. They don't want to stay at the same level they want to improve, sometimes it doesn't work out. Look at Kuchar, came off an awesome year and decided to revamp his putting game. Padraig did the same a short time ago.

Did you see Tiger's new practice facility??

Tiger made it cool for an athlete to play golf, look at the newer stars now... DJ, Kaymer, Donald, Kim (if he finds his game back), Fowler are all athletic. Tiger set the pace and everyone is trying to catch up ( and if Tiger doesn't get better, they've already caught/passed him)

While I undersatnd your point, the argument can be made that when you are BY FAR the best player in the world, as Tiger was when he made his swing change, it is not a great decision to change something that obviously isn't broken. And now that we can look back. It hasn't seemed to work out to well for him has it? I didn't like the move when he did it, and still think it was dumb to change. Jack didn't tinker with what he had, and that is why he is still the best.

While I undersatnd your point, the argument can be made that when you are BY FAR the best player in the world, as Tiger was when he made his swing change, it is not a great decision to change something that obviously isn't broken. And now that we can look back. It hasn't seemed to work out to well for him has it? I didn't like the move when he did it, and still think it was dumb to change. Jack didn't tinker with what he had, and that is why he is still the best.

I completely agree that looking back it was a bad decision, but we shouldn't be saying why did he get away from Harmon. Tiger knew he set a new standard and that he basically changed the way the game is played and thought he would try to make the gap bigger, but it was the wrong move.

I still think Tiger could benefit more from Dr. Phil than from a swing coach. I still think he's changing his swing because it was the one thing he COULD control when everything else in his life was spinning out of control

I still think Tiger could benefit more from Dr. Phil than from a swing coach. I still think he's changing his swing because it was the one thing he COULD control when everything else in his life was spinning out of control

Great post! I gave you rep but accently sent it without signing it. Oops.

Dr Phil? I wouldn't wish that guy on my worst enemy. TW changed his swing at the points he thought he needed to. It worked too, I don't know how Foley will work out but thats just golf.

I understand it was something that he could control, and I'm not in his position. But don't you think he needed to be something stable/constant in his life at that point? Whether it be anything off the course, or something on the course? Trying not to sound like a shrink because I'm far from one haha I just don't think change for the sake of change is worth it.

I also think he could have controlled more things about how his situation was handled. But that is a different conversation

I completely agree that looking back it was a bad decision, but we shouldn't be saying why did he get away from Harmon. Tiger knew he set a new standard and that he basically changed the way the game is played and thought he would try to make the gap bigger, but it was the wrong move.

I thought at the time the change was EGO driven and now looking back, to me it is still the only logical reason. He had worked all his life to get to the level he was at. He wanted to prove to everyone he could do it on his own. And he did for a while, but Tiger was (and probably still is) an egomaniac which ultimately is his downfall.

Haney probably feels that if he can fix Rush effing Limbaugh then he could be doing a better job than Foley is with Tigger

Haney probably feels that if he can fix Rush effing Limbaugh then he could be doing a better job than Foley is with Tigger

he may have a point there. :alien:

Love all the comments here. I don't think either of them did or are doing a great job with Tigers swing, and while it will never happen, he should swallow his pride, go back to Butch and say sorry but fix me please. His swing never looked better or more athletic than it did with Harmon. I was always a believer that what made Tiger head and shoulders about the rest was his athletisim, you take someone with incredible golf skill and give him the athletic ability of an NBA player (ish) and you have the perfect golfer. Foley is missing this IMHO.

So true!! Butch was the coach that really put Tiger on the right swing path to uber success!!

To me, this just shows Haneys jealousy of Foley. No more fame, no more paycheck, no more number one.

From the iPhone.

Are you kidding me? Where do you come up with this stuff. First of all, Hank Haney was not a nobody until TW showed up. And if he had TW, he still wouldnt have #1, because TW is no WHERE NEAR #1 right now.

Haney helped tiger for free? Doubt that.

From the iPhone.

I would tell you to check into some things before casting doubt.

Haney just coming back from statements Foley made about him in golf.com interview:

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2057896,00.html

"Haney once said, "I always felt like I knew Tiger from observing. I did not feel I knew him from knowing him." Has that been true in your case?
Hank built most of his career around Tiger. I found most of that interview to be unprofessional. I don't understand how, if you don't get to know the person, how you can teach them. There is the business aspect of it where you have to keep things separate from that standpoint, but if you're spending eight hours a day with this person you have to have some things in common. There was no way I was ever going to be able to stand on the range with anyone who was not kind to people or rude just to make my career better. I could care less about it. There has to be a semblance of ethics and values in the person. It's interesting to see how hard Tiger works. How kind he is to the people at Isleworth. He's a solid guy."

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2057896,00.html#ixzz1G7wPvEYa

Foley just seems pissed at world since everyone is 5"+ taller than him.

Exactly right. Haney did not start all of this. Lets remember if Hank does not answer the questions, we get pissed and then when he does answer honestly, the TW fans get pissed. The truth is the guy is stuck.

He has said openly he has been approached by players but does not want to teach on the tour level at this time and wants to use the fame he has gained to help educate the youth and get more kids into golf.

Love all the comments here. I don't think either of them did or are doing a great job with Tigers swing, and while it will never happen, he should swallow his pride, go back to Butch and say sorry but fix me please. His swing never looked better or more athletic than it did with Harmon. I was always a believer that what made Tiger head and shoulders about the rest was his athletisim, you take someone with incredible golf skill and give him the athletic ability of an NBA player (ish) and you have the perfect golfer. Foley is missing this IMHO.

+1, Butch & Tiger were an absolutely lethal combination.

Tiger please call Pete Cowen, that's what you need.

He has said openly he has been approached by players but does not want to teach on the tour level at this time and wants to use the fame he has gained to help educate the youth and get more kids into golf.

If he said that, I say you go Hank Haney! Good for him.

Haney once said, "I always felt like I knew Tiger from observing. I did not feel I knew him from knowing him." Has that been true in your case?

ROTFLMAO! Foley's kidding, right? No one can be that stupid. Or maybe the key word is "semblance", that anyone he works with has to pretend he's kind, and has ethics and values?

Yeah, that Tiger. He's a quality guy. I think Sean Foley's ethics and values meter is broken. Or he is entirely full of crap. I'm going with the latter.

Kevin

Doesn't Tiger have a reputation for being obscenely cheap? So cheap that one of the reasons all his girl's ratted on him was because he wouldn't pay them to keep quiet which is why they went public?

I think the reason these guys (like tiger, kuchar and harrington examples) is because of arrogance mistaken for confidence. They think "i'm so good, i'm doing this so well, when I change I'll be doing this better and be even greater". key phrase being they have the belief they can do it and it won't screw up what they're already doing. Sometimes they're right and it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I think tiger might need to go play baseball or basketball for a while, football is going to have a lock out maybe he could be a replacement player?. I think golf has him burnt out and need a fresh restart in something else for a while so he can come back to golf clean.

Jordan had his father die, the gambling scandal, the rest of the league was catching up to him so he bolted for birmingham and had a "mid sports life crisis" of sorts that only someone that elite can pull off. He tried baseball, rejuvenated himself and the rest his history.

Foley is nutty...in my opinion he is not even close to the man or talent hank is.

The April issue of Golf Digest that has an in depth article on all of Tiger's swing coach's going back to his early days and up to today with Sean Foley. It's interesting reading and will probably answer a lot of your questions.

Back