Need some computer help

Bridges

Reaction score
Handicap
I have had a little notification box keep popping up on my computer screen in the lower right corner every 3-4 minutes for the last 6 months and its super annoying and wont go away. Its telling me that its blocking a "High" risk program. I have tried to find the file on my computer so I can delete it and it will go away. But no luck. The pop-up thing is an alert from my anti-virus software: Trend Micro Anti-virus.

The file is McciTrayAPP_SS and I can not figure out what the heck it is.

Anyone help me out on how to find it or disable that little pop-up thing? I have searched and searched and cant find how to do either.

ahhhh ha. Found it. But I dont know what the heck its for?

McciTrapApp_SSR says its an application. Date modified was in 07. I can probably delete it, right?v

What kind of extension is it bridges? By looking around I am guessing it is an .exe file?

ahhhh ha. Found it. But I dont know what the heck its for?

McciTrapApp_SSR says its an application. Date modified was in 07. I can probably delete it, right?v

Some Malware renames itself to this file in the system32 folder I beleive. What I would do is download the file from the internet if you can and replace it.

if you dont know what it is - i usually google it:

This says it is a windows monitoring process. But some malware have linked themselves to it. You could back it up and delete it - see if the popup goes away. try a malware scanner like sybot see if it picks it up.

if you dont know what it is - i usually google it:

This says it is a windows monitoring process. But some malware have linked themselves to it. You could back it up and delete it - see if the popup goes away. try a malware scanner like sybot see if it picks it up.

I have used Spybot S&D in the past and liked it, but it doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be. I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware first, it is my favorite free one now, then Super AntiSpyware. I run SpywareBlaster in the background. Then follow it up with CCleaner and a good defrag (I use Auslogics Disk Defrag).

Trojan Remover got rid of a really nasty one that nothing else could keep off. It's free for 30 days, then you have to pay. I liked it so much that I paid for it.

Malwarebytes is also a good malware scanner. I would definately run a scan just to be sure.

I have used Spybot S&D in the past and liked it, but it doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be. I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware first, it is my favorite free one now, then Super AntiSpyware. I run SpywareBlaster in the background. Then follow it up with CCleaner and a good defrag (I use Auslogics Disk Defrag).

Trojan Remover got rid of a really nasty one that nothing else could keep off. It's free for 30 days, then you have to pay. I liked it so much that I paid for it.

i like super antispyware too - will have to check out trojan remover. I havent had too many issues here to experiment with newer ones lately.. I have about four or five i use when im asked to clean up a family members computer too. Didnt want to overwhelm bridges lol.

Doing the trojan remover right now. Can I download both at the same time? Will do yours to dent. Thanks.

It wont let me delete that McciTrayApp thing????

Awesome. So far 40+ infections on the malwarebytes scan. Not good.

Malwarebytes should allow you to clean up the junk that it finds. The issue that I've seen though is that the more you clean and remove, the more keep on popping in there, malware is vicious and once you're really infected your best bet will be to completely format your system and start over again in most cases. See what happens after Malwarebytes has found and then cleaned everything. Once that is done reboot and run it again, keep running it until it comes back with 0 problems found. Oh and be sure that you ran the update to Malwarebytes so that you have the latest version. An old version won't be real helpful.

Malwarebytes should allow you to clean up the junk that it finds. The issue that I've seen though is that the more you clean and remove, the more keep on popping in there, malware is vicious and once you're really infected your best bet will be to completely format your system and start over again in most cases. See what happens after Malwarebytes has found and then cleaned everything. Once that is done reboot and run it again, keep running it until it comes back with 0 problems found. Oh and be sure that you ran the update to Malwarebytes so that you have the latest version. An old version won't be real helpful.

Will do man! How do I fix the system errors and user errors?

This is what I got when using the uniblue registry one. Suppose to clean my registry's but I have a :poop: ton of errors. Trying to make me buy it to clean the rest of them.
Had 243 systems errors. 125 user errors. Whoops. How do I fix that?

This is what I got when using the uniblue registry one. Suppose to clean my registry's but I have a :poop: ton of errors. Trying to make me buy it to clean the rest of them.

there are free registry cleaners out there - ill look after work - but i have to run now.

there are free registry cleaners out there - ill look after work - but i have to run now.

Ummm, CCleaner? hahaha

And you can't really get into too much trouble with it. Registry cleaning is not to be taken lightly!

Ummm, CCleaner? hahaha

And you can't really get into too much trouble with it. Registry cleaning is not to be taken lightly!

CCleaner is trying to make me unistall my actual anti-virus though. So cant use that one.

I wondered if that would do that. There's so many that will do that to you. And a lot of times, that is spyware in itself. They will always show you a bunch of things that aren't really there to make you buy their stuff which doesn't do anything anyway!

CCleaner is trying to make me unistall my actual anti-virus though. So cant use that one.

It never does for me. Just turn off your anitvirus when you are running it then. And don't let it uninstall it, uncheck the box or whatever.

Make sure you are on the registry tab.

Back