TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

No doubt buddy. I'll get you all kinds of sorted out. And of course, you can take some swings with my R11 :highfive:

Sweet, thanks man, I'll trade you time on the R11 for M2 time straight up. :D

So he was stealing FLTC's smokes? I bet youve injured someone for less then that. Exciting times in the R11 thread.

Wow I totally missed that part! If that happend to me I would have delivered something to his package.

So he was stealing FLTC's smokes? I bet youve injured someone for less then that. Exciting times in the R11 thread.

Yup. I keep some smokes by the back door (at least I use to, I haven't smoked since Friday, woot woot), I watched him walk a package up, set it down, eye ball my smokes, look in the door, eye ball my smokes again, look in the door one last time, then he snatched one! I walked out there immediately and said, "if you want one, all you have to do is ask". He stared at me like I was Canadian, turned and walked away. Not a word. In fact, I bet he does have your Di11's dude.

See what the R11 can do! What a driver!

So, OEM, what are your thoughts on the white crown, black face?

Yup. I keep some smokes by the back door (at least I use to, I haven't smoked since Friday, woot woot), I watched him walk a package up, set it down, eye ball my smokes, look in the door, eye ball my smokes again, look in the door one last time, then he snatched one! I walked out there immediately and said, "if you want one, all you have to do is ask". He stared at me like I was Canadian, turned and walked away. Not a word. In fact, I bet he does have your Di11's dude.

Are we that scary to look at?

Looked at you like your were Canadian? Wow I hate that look. That always tells me that someone is guilty when I get the Canadian stare. I bet he does have my Di11's and if you ask him I bet you get the Canadian stare back too.

I actually like it a lot. Im curious to see how it looks outside in the sun. I dont expect any glare or issues but Im just curious about the contrast. The club does have a nice feel to it but Im more curious to swing it on a range.

man, I cant wait to see how they did the design on that shaft, or did they just put the name and no extras?

It looks similar to the pics posted by others earlier. I will take a close-up pic of the shaft tonight so that you can see it.

It looks similar to the pics posted by others earlier. I will take a close-up pic of the shaft tonight so that you can see it.

I figured it did. thanks buddy!

Just got my R11 delivered. I got it 9* with the Aldila RIP Alpha 60g Stiff shaft, but now you guys are making me wonder about the Fubuki. They didn't have that one available when I was testing the shafts. I think I will just leave this one as is and mess around with all of the shafts at TM and see if I like any of the others better. I actually haven't hit the Alpha yet. The shaft I originally tried was the Beta, but I thought that it might be advantageous to bring my flight down so I went with a lower launching shaft. There are just so many different variables to consider when picking golf equipment. This driver looks amazing though!

Nice Dr Teeth!!! Glad you snagged one up and cant wait to hear what you have to say

Not to worry. I am jealous of you too Dr. Haha!! The RIP Alpha was another shaft I am interested in.

Hank Haney also touched on white divers on his twitter today

RT @keenercb: @HankDHaney white-headed drivers; marketing ploy or here to stay? Here to stay

lol he's probably just positioning himself for whenn his Nike contract is up so he can go to Taylormade
Hank Haney also touched on white divers on his twitter today

RT @keenercb: @HankDHaney white-headed drivers; marketing ploy or here to stay? Here to stay

Played 18 with this today and my thoughts are the same as they have been since the beginning. The feel with the Project X shaft is remarkably better, but I am still trying to figure out a few things with it.

is the sound beginning to win you over more?
Played 18 with this today and my thoughts are the same as they have been since the beginning. The feel with the Project X shaft is remarkably better, but I am still trying to figure out a few things with it.

Like what?

Like what?

+1?????

R9 shaft in R11 head

R9 shaft in R11 head

Has anyone tried using the stock stiff R9 super tri shaft in the R11 head?.. While the R11 head feels good, the stiff blur shaft feels not so great... curious...

A little

The fact that the Razr Hawk and the Srixon Z-Star are longer and straighter for me.

Is that shaft or club head issues, or both? Issues maybe isn't the best term, the weighting in the head perhaps? Shaft that isn't quite what you are used to?

A little

The fact that the Razr Hawk and the Srixon Z-Star are longer and straighter for me.

Duly noted. So it wasn't anything with the R11, just overall club selection you were just working out. I may have missed this in other post, but what was your R11 settings?

Is that shaft or club head issues, or both? Issues maybe isn't the best term, the weighting in the head perhaps? Shaft that isn't quite what you are used to?

I know this shaft rather well. Love PX issues.

Duly noted. So it wasn't anything with the R11, just overall club selection you were just working out. I may have missed this in other post, but what was your R11 settings?

Standard across the board after fitting.

A little

The Razr Hawk head is crazy long. It was all over the place for me, but LONG.

The Razr Hawk head is crazy long. It was all over the place for me, but LONG.

I have not struggled with teh control with any of these really, so I am trying to compare apples to apples or in this case snowballs to apples. But it is coming up a little short for me. I am going to take them all to the range this weekend with the launch monitor and see if I can get the R11 dialed in with some adjustments.

I have not struggled with teh control with any of these really, so I am trying to compare apples to apples or in this case snowballs to apples. But it is coming up a little short for me. I am going to take them all to the range this weekend with the launch monitor and see if I can get the R11 dialed in with some adjustments.

snowballs to apples just made me choke on my diet coke lol, thanks for the laugh jb

That is so cool that you have that option. The people signed up for the launch monitor sessions at the outing will love being able to do this!

Back