Best Golf Ball on a Budget?

Last Year's Srixon Zstar and Zstar X has been popping up around town for around 22-24$ a dozen. Not bad for my gamer ball, gonna have to stock up.

And enter that contest from Srixon :)

Top-Flite Gamer V2. IMO its the best budget ball there is because its a 3-piece ball which means it spins better than most other budget balls, which are only 2-piece. Im also partial to the Srixon AD333, Titleist DT SoLo and Callaway Warbird.

TM Burner Tour. We did a blind test of these balls and I was shocked that this was the ball I was playing.

Taylormade TP red or black LDP, Bridgestones (not the expensive B330's), Gamers, or some Srixons (trispeed etc...)

Wilson Staff 50 elite> soft 2 piece $10 per dozen,
zip> soft 3-piece $15 for a 15 ball pack, c'mon a good 3-piece for $1 per ball brand new, there is no deal that can beat that.
D:25> soft 2-piece $19 per dozen,
C:25> 3-piece $25 per dozen (I gamed the c:25 for a year and it is a great ball)

Last edited:
Noodle + is the best bang for the buck I have used.

I second the Precept Laddies. I used those when I first was learning to play and losing multiple balls per round. $20 for 24 balls....do the math! They are a great 2 piece ball.
If you must have a 3 piece then the Gamer V2 is the budget way to go.

This may seem to be an obvious answer, but why not try the Polara, if you straighter you won't need to buy as often, and you could help out a company trying to make a dent in the market.

Out of curiosity, what didn't you like about recycled balls? ( I use them most of the time and don't have an issue with them)

+2. I did the online fitting with Bridgestone this winter and was not about to pay $42 a dozen until I had a chance to try the ball, so I bought 4 dozen grade AAAA on ebay and they are all like new. I've bought ProV's as well used. You just have to buy the higher grade to get good balls, many of which have only been hit a few times. New balls become grade AAAA balls in a couple of swings anyway.

Srixon Trispeeds...

Top Flite D2 Feel can be had for ~$15 for 15 golf balls. I've used them over the past few years, mixed in with my favorite Pvo V1's and NXT's, and they are a great bargain ball.

The Bridgestone FIX or the Precept Laddie.

Walmart has the TP balck and still the TP Red for $29. with 97 cent shipping. I love the Tp red. It was the tour issue ball before the penta

Some companies (Bridgestone in particular) are good about selling previous year tour level and other balls at great discounts. Look for discontinued balls at your local golf store, Dick's Sporting goods, etc.

I'm in Myrtle Beach and went to a out door fea market and picked up 2 dzn ProV X for $25 I got to pickout the one wanted. I do this every year I come down South. Its like buying a used car, let someone else play the high end price. I have no issues with these balls

For the price and if you have a normal swing speed, you can't beat the Burner Tours.

Im on the opposite end of the spectrum. For me dollar for dollar, I dont think there is any ball out there that can compete with the only 2 piece ball with a urethane cover. The e5

This may seem to be an obvious answer, but why not try the Polara, if you straighter you won't need to buy as often, and you could help out a company trying to make a dent in the market.

Sort of like cheating. plus you really cant establish a handicap with that ball. But its fun to play with.

I"m a fan of Pro V1's and Pentas and the like.

When I find them on the course....

Haha. Agreed. If I bought Pro V1's or Penta's I'd be afraid to hit them for fear losing them. Not good for a golfer on a budget.

ProV1 Practice balls @ $29.99/doz

Top Flight Gamer V2s. I think there is a deal where you can get 15 instead of 12 for around $20.

Srixon Z Stars from last year $25 a dozen @ Dicks, seems like a hell of a deal for a great ball.

Used Nike ONE Blacks and Plats. They spin like mad, but the Black is still controllable.

Back