Votes: 54 41.2%
  • Yes, but I dont care

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • No, but I should find out

Votes: 16 12.2%
  • No, and I truly dont care

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
I know the lofts to my irons, but are very comfortable with my distances for each iron. I will be purchasing new irons sometimes this spring and will be paying attention to the lofts. Most likely the lofts will be a little weaker, so I will have to "re-learn" my distances for each club.

I've been going through some changes to my bag and was curious about the loft on all my clubs. I got tired of looking up the specs so I listed them in my signature for future reference. I care about the loft when I'm buying clubs but after that all I care about is what club I need for a certain distance, not what loft it is.

I do know my lofts, I got them from the Cleveland website. I go more by number than loft.

I know the lofts of all of my wedges and most of the others. but Im not sure of my mid irons. Ill take a look.

Of course doesn't everyone?

My 8iron has 8 degrees, my 9iron has 9 degrees. My P has P degrees, there's a formula that my grade 12 math teacher showed us on how to "find P" but I can't remember it.

:laughing:

I know all the lofts on my clubs but it really only effects me on my wedges, I have them checked atleast once every 2-3 weeks, thats including my PW

I know the lofts of my clubs, but I usually go by how far I can hit each club. I look at loft for setup more than anything so I can looks at gaps etc.

I know my lofts. But I equate my clubs to yardages. 5i (25*) = 200 yards, 9i (41*)= 145 yards

3 years ago I had know idea about loft and lie. My one and only set that was not a hand me down was set all standard. Now I am standard length and 2 degress flat, makes a world of different. I will get them checked every year or so. I still keep my distances based on club though.

I know them, but I only care to the extent of matching proper hybrids and wedges to them. Beyond that, I can't really fathom thinking "Oh....I got about 130 yards...that's my 46 degree club!".

Yes, but don't really care. The only time it matters to me is if I am hitting clubs other than my own. If I'm hitting a new demo 6-iron that claims it is 20% longer than mine, I want to know if I am comparing it to my 6-iron or my 5-iron.

I have Cleveland's as well so the lofts are printed right on the heads. Now I know how far they go, so I am thinking "I need a 3" not "I need a 21*", But knowing the loft helps a lot in getting Hybrids, Niblicks and FW Woods to fill out the bag.

Same with me, I don't even pay attention to the lofts, just what kind of club it is. But generally I do know what lofts my clubs are, especially my wedges :)

Don't know and don't care. The only thing that matters to me are the distances I hit each club. That I do know, I couldn't care less what someone else's 175yd club is either.

While it doesn't really affect how I play, it affects what clubs I do buy. Mainly comes into play with my wedges, and hybrids and fairway woods. I use *'s to measure what clubs I need, for example I recently took out my 5w @ 17.5* and replaced it with my 3H @ 19* because I knew I wouldn't need both clubs based on the gap.

Yes, but only recently did I bother to find out since I bought new clubs.

Yes I do, and even though I do I'd rather have the lofts on the sole of my irons rather then the iron number.

Yes, I know all of my iron and hybrid lofts, but I use the club that gets me the distance I need. If the wind is blowing in my face or from behind, I choose the club by number not by loft.
I guess though that if I had always made my choices of club based on lofts I could now be choosing the correct club based upon lofts.
Interesting conversation.
I spoke with a Scratch iron fitter last fall and he told me that Ryan Moore actually developed a colored dot system to have on his custom irons in place of the standard numbers. Wow, wouldn't that be confusing for his caddie!

I base my club selection off of my distance. But I did check out the lofts of my clubs before I bought my cleveland wedge. I didnt want to buy another wedge with the same loft as the ones that came with my set!

I know the loft of my driver and fairway but not my irons. They are just store stock. My driver is 9.5 and fair way is 15.

Yes I do know the lofts but the main ones that I pay attention to is the short irons so I can figure out what my wedge set up is going to be. However that is not the only criteria that I use for my wedge set up.

+1 here, my thoughts exactly

Knowing the lofts of my various clubs does affect how I play. But it is so ingrained that I don't really think about.

I know the loft of my driver and fairway but not my irons. They are just store stock. My driver is 9.5 and fair way is 15.

How do you know they were right when you bought them? How do you know if they change from year to year? I had mine checked last spring and tweeked a little and took them in last fall after 200 rounds last season and I had three or four irons that needed adjusted slightly again.

I answered no and I don't care. I just look for clubs that I can hit well. Once I find those I then eventually dial in how long I hit each club. I don't think I've ever known my iron set lofts. Wedges on the other hand I do try and fill gaps with the proper numbers. I have found out pretty recently that I really like the new trend of distance irons like the Burner 2.0's and the Di11's.

I think it is important to know the lofts. Especially if you are looking for new clubs for comparison. If you look at the clubs made in the 70's and 80's the lofts of today's clubs are much stronger. Some of the new sets are getting almost gimmicky strong. I love Taylormade drivers but the new stuff about the Burner irons being longest ever is annoying. Of they are longer, they are like 4 degrees stronger than standard sets!

I voted no, but I actually don't know my 5-PW lofts the rest I know. I wish I did though!

Back