Polara Golf Ball Testing Review Thread

Why are so many upset these are non-conforming balls? You didn't buy them and you also didn't win them in a giveaway or anything. You were selected to test a product and give your thoughts. when I signed up I knew I was getting a ball to test out and share my thoughts. I wasn't expecting a dozen ProVs or Pentas, so I didn't have to buy balls for awhile. I actually find it more interesting to test these, because if it wasn't for this test I would've never known of these balls and therefore would never have been able to try them out myself to determine whether or not they do what Polara claims. Personally I love all the aspects of golf and one large aspect is new technology. I always wonder if the products I see in these infomercials actually work and this testing gives me an opportunity to find out firsthand if these work or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the Polara Golf balls in the mail today. So I opened the package and snapped a couple of pictures.

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Initial Impression: They look, feel, and smell like a golf ball to me. I have to be honest, I'm pretty excited about trying these golf balls out on the course. My miss off the tee is a fade/cut/slice so I will be able to tell very quickly whether or not these work as advertised. I can't tell that they are that much harder than other golf balls, and I can't wait to get them onto my practice chipping and putting green. I'm not the spin doctor that so many seem to be so I'm pumped just to see how they react and feel off of my wedges.

Hopefully I get some drier weather so I can get them out asap.

Thanks to Polara and THP for bringing a product to some THP'ers, especially in this magnitude.

Quick addition: I took the XS out in my yard today and chipped with it. To be 100% honest I couldn't tell a huge difference between the feel of hitting that and the E6.

I thought for sure it would feel like a rock, but I was greatly mistaken. More to come soon.

Tap before talk.

Having squeezed in 9 yesterday and comparing both Polara Balls side by side with an E6. The XS wasn't any worse for feel off of my irons/wedges, but I did prefer the E6 on the green. It just seemed better to me, but it might also have been comfort level with the E6. I was consistently shorter all day with the Polara 2 piece however, by probably 5-10 yards compared to the XS, E6, & Noodle+

Quick addition: I took the XS out in my yard today and chipped with it. To be 100% honest I couldn't tell a huge difference between the feel of hitting that and the E6.

I thought for sure it would feel like a rock, but I was greatly mistaken. More to come soon.

Tap before talk.

I hoping to put a giant slice swing on one of these this weekend if I get the chance to play with Jrod. If these babies can handle it, they are 100% legit :)

I've been hitting a few putts in my house with these balls compared to ProV1x's and there was a difference, but not that much. I have a super soft insert in my putter and I was rolling them smooth so I was in the center every time. Not sure if that has an impact, so I'll go grab something with no insert this weekend and give it another feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to be swinging out of my shoes when I test these balls. I know how to create side spin baby!

Received mine yesterday. Playing saturday and monday so I will let everyone know how they do with my enormous driver slice. Plan on testing vs e5, 6, 7 and a proV1.

that's a great close up shot TC....the dimple pattern is pretty unique

Having squeezed in 9 yesterday and comparing both Polara Balls side by side with an E6. The XS wasn't any worse for feel off of my irons/wedges, but I did prefer the E6 on the green. It just seemed better to me, but it might also have been comfort level with the E6. I was consistently shorter all day with the Polara 2 piece however, by probably 5-10 yards compared to the XS, E6, & Noodle+

I also preferred the e6 and 330rx while putting. I'm excited to hit these on the simulator this weekend. Also, after seeing Captain Biggsy's weigh in of the balls - I'm chalking it up to placebo effect because after seeing proof, they no longer feel as heavy.

Tap before talk.

I ask you this, why not? Seriously though, other than non comforming, this ball doesn't interest you at all?

It may not be conforming but I'm interested in testing the technology behind it. I really think these balls could help more people enjoy the game.

Seriously, I agree with you Yoccos - this ball would be like a ray of sunshine to someone who struggles with a slice / hook off the tee. I used to be there myself, and while it doesn't happent as often, it still happens every once in a while. I haven't gotten out to test mine yet, but I should be getting at least 9 in this weekend. I can see these balls being perfect for a round with the guys when I just want to booze it up and let my swing get loopy. My friends will probably then tell me to drink every time I play.. hah

Well said. Count me in for the Hammer vs my Cally driver testing.

Off-topic, I know, but does The Hammer still work if you don't let out a huge power-grunt-scream when you contact the ball? :D

man the mailman failed to deliver again today :sad:

Got my polara balls in the mail yesterday. I haven't put any real work in with them yet. The local SIM was down today and that put a damper on my testing for these balls.

I am really curious to see if a SIM will pick up on any side-spin reducing feature of the ball, or if this is something that needs to be a "full flight" to see any difference.

Got mine in the mail yesterday but the weather here in CT has put a damper on any outdoor testing I was thinking about doing this weekend. Here are my initial thoughts about Polara and their golf balls:

When I first saw that we were going to be testing these golf balls I was really excited. When I first started playing golf with my dad (around age 15) I struggled with a big slice off of almost every tee box. The game became a chore to me because I had to hunt through the woods every hole and I never got really excited to go out and play all the time. I let the game slip away and only played once or twice a year. I wish now that there had been a golf ball like this to help me stay in the fairway more often. As we all know, golf is much more fun when you’re playing well.

I’m excited to be able to test these now because even though my game has progressed, I still struggle from time to time with my tee shots. Both my dad and my brother struggle with the dreaded slice off the tee and will both be helping me test these balls out once this rain dies down and allows us to get out on the course.

My initial reaction to the golf balls were that they felt different than other balls that I have in the house (Nike One Tour, ProV1x, NXT Tour, B330-RX, ect...). The cover wasn't as soft as the premium balls (as expected) but it definitely was not as hard as some of the rock hard distance balls either (I expected these to feel similar to a Slazenger distance type ball but was pleasantly surprised). I think the dimple pattern might be what is throwing off my sense of touch as the dimples are very different than anything I've ever seen. The dimples around the "equator" of the ball are shallow and large, while the dimples towards the "poles" of the ball get smaller and more tightly grouped. The only thing that looked[/] chintzy to me were the labels/logos. For whatever reason, the logos looked like they were just stuck on as an afterthought and wouldn’t hold up after a few shots. These are merely observations as I have not had the chance to test any performance aspects of the ball.

Overall, Polara has come through with a great product. If their claims are true and these golf balls will help more players stay in the fairway, then they truly have a winner. Any product that allows amateurs to have more fun playing the game is GREAT for golf as a sport.

i was gonna get out to the chipping/putting green today but its gonna have to wait until after work tomorrow or saturday morning, the temp dropped to 30 and we are having 35-40 mph winds right now, if it wasnt windy i would be out there but i dont mess with cold and wind lol.

I can't wait to check these out! These will be a fun little experiment to take on! If it would take away my nasty "cut" that comes my way every once in a while (more like 10 times a round), I'm a believer!

I am a little confused by the references to "side stamp". When teed up, this arrow is actually on the top of the ball, pointing towards the target, and not on the side of the ball, right?

I am a little confused by the references to "side stamp". When teed up, this arrow is actually on the top of the ball, pointing towards the target, and not on the side of the ball, right?

hahaha... yeah any printing on the ball from the manufacturer is called a side stamp... if you put the logo on the top then it would be a top stamp but yeah theyre all sidestamps hahaha

I took both Polara balls our for a test run today. It was chilly and quite windy at the local course.

On the Green:
The first thing on my agenda was to see how this ball felt on the putting green. I rolled the green arrow ball (2 piece) first which felt firm, somewhat like a top flight. The red arrow ball (3 piece) which is suppose to have more spin, was quite similar in the feel department. Not harsh sounding at all but a bit tinny. I compared them to a Titliest Pro V1 & Precept Laddie. Both the Titliest & Precept felt softer off the putter. The next thing I tried was putting with the arrow on both balls towards the hole and then with the arrow pointing sideways. Both balls rolled the same. I did not notice any advantage at all. It was a very windy day and pointing the arrows into or down wind caused no adverse effect nor did it with the arrows pointed sideways.

2. Chipping around the green: I chipped the green arrow ball (2 piece) first and it had minimal spin with plenty of roll out. Next I chipped with the red arrow ball (3 piece) and I noticed a tad more spin. Maybe a little check and then roll out. It would take some practice to figure out where to target your landing area, with these balls. They would work rather well for a links style course and not a target type course. After several chips, I dropped a Titliest & Precept to compare. More stopping action with the latter two balls.

3.Wedge shots: I noticed more spin with the red arrow ball (3 piece) on full wedge shots. The green arrow ball (2 piece) hit the green, then rolled out more than I personally prefer. I had some good back spin on the green arrow ball on a par 3 hole. With that said only one shot today reacted with any noticeable amount of backspin. I turned the ball with the arrows pointing sideways and did not see any noticeable amount of difference in spin .

4. Mid iron shot:
Mid iron shots had a medium trajectory and performed ok but not anything close to my usual shot pattern. I like to bring my iron shots in high and it was not working for me with these balls. I will say both the green arrow (2 piece) & the red arrow (3 piece with more spin) balls had a straighter ball flight than the Titliest or the Precept balls. I usually play a fairly large draw and I found the Polara balls were hard to move with a hook or fade. For someone who is having a hard time keeping their ball in play, these might be the ticket. I can tell your one thing for sure, they are not protectors against the dreaded hosel rocket. One shot today, and thank goodness just one, I stopped my swing from a full rotation. The ball headed hard right. Even though they are straighter on average than most balls, there is one shot that even the Polara can’t prevent.

5. Driver: This is where these balls did absolutely nothing for me. My tee shots are generally mid to high in trajectory. My driver is a 10.5 and I had a really hard time getting the ball in the air. My drives looked like a baseball pitches sinker ball. The ball went straight as advertised but took a nose dive about two hundred yards out. It had some good roll out but I could not get over the really low ball flight with the ball just dropping out of the air. I would highly recommend (It says in the instructions to use a 10.5 driver or higher) and they are not kidding. I would have to use one of the HT drivers or at least one with a 12 or higher loft to get the ball up in the air. I hit the Titliest and Precept to make sure my swing had not gone completely out of sync. The Titliest & Precept balls produced my normal high trajectory and carry.

6. Overall: The Polara ball would be a good ball to use into the wind with the low over spin type ball flight. It would also work well for golfers who have problems with keeping their ball in play. There should be some happy recreational golfers, who should strive on this type ball. I am sure those who hate spending much time hunting balls down will enjoy it! It really does produce a straighter, lower, and good roll out type of action if that is what you are looking for.

Just hit some drives and wedges.

Off the driver, it works as advertized. VERY straight. However, it is also VERY short. I was probably getting around 200 yards carry, when my average is at least 20 yards longer. The trajectory is as low as can be. For me, the three peice is a little longer. I would expect these thing to roll like crazy though, so maybe they could redeem themselves that way.

Just hit some drives and wedges.

Off the driver, it works as advertized. VERY straight. However, it is also VERY short. Like, 200 yards short. The trajectory is as low as can be. For me, the three peice is a little longer.

Huh? That cannot be.

Low and behold my Polara golf balls came in just after lunch today, which was great timing as temps reached up into the mid 50's with a gorgeous sun and 10 to 15 mph winds. Many thanks go out to THP and the Polara company for allowing me to take these testers out for a spin, (no pun intended).

P1030784.jpg

P1030786.jpg

P1030787.jpg

Initially: Upon pulling these out of the envelope my first impression was that the packaging left a lot to be desired. Thin long blocky text over a pretty simple color blending of green on the two piece Ultimate Straight ball and similar red blendings for the three piece XS ball. I actually like the logo itself on the packaging, it just seems like the rest of the coloring and fonts some what let their logo down. Like wise, the certainly could have used their logo rather than the tall, long, blocky font for Polara and a slightly darker shade of green on the alignment feature.

Go Chase Them: I didn't have a lot of time to spend out there with them today, but wanted to get an initial review started, so I head to the course. With the snow's just freshly melted here, the course is still not officially open yet, but I can get on as a walker and play the make shift tee box's/greens, which isn't optimal for seeing checkup or putting, but I did get the chance to tee these up and see how they performed on the fairway with a variety of clubs.

Not playing very far I chose to hit four balls, Bridgestone e6, last years Prov1 and the two Polara's.

Distance and direction: Off the first tee I hit a beautiful baby fade with the Prov1 that hit the center of the fw and pretty darn long for how little I've swung a driver this winter. Next was the Green Polara which I cut across really badly and YES, these will slice on you. I found the next fairway over, but all in all I would have expected that ball to be a lot further right. Next was the e6 that had a similar baby fade as the first ball, more towards the right edge and about 6 yards behind the Prov. Lastly came the red label XS Polara and I must have been warmed up by them because that one started slightly left like the other two, but no fade what so ever. That ball was like a rope to the left side of the fw, not super long, but longer than the Prov1 by a couple yards.

I picked up the three sorter balls and hit again from the longest which was 150 yards out and directly into the wind. Hitting a knock down 6 iron into the breeze the XS was again the longest by 10 yards this time, while the green label was the shortest. It was note worthy that I allowed for my baby fade on the XS and again it was straight as a string to the left side. The Prov1 took the fade landing just short of the flag and rolling up nice and neat to 6 ft below the flag. I aimed the green label straight at the flag and thats where it went. I came up about 8 feet short of the Prov1, but I'm getting the hang of these.

Feel and Sound: This is a tough one because I had only had these about 30 minutes before taking to the course. I know they were cold which could have made a difference, but they did feel a bit hard off the driver and iron's. The XS was the softer of the two, but still some what hard compared to the Prov1 and E6 balls. Sound was fine, I'm not the best in that category as my concentration is so set on the swing, but I didn't notice anything unusual.

Overall: Based on what the company claims on their website and packaging, I can honestly say that these balls do everything they are designed to do. I tried to fade/draw these balls several times and could with an exaggerated move, but not with my standard swing with has a slight fade. I found if I aimed these straight at the flag, thats where the ball went. It took me some getting used to doing that as well as the distances, but so far I'm convinced that anyone who isn't keeping a hc, just wants to enjoy the game, these are for them.

I still need to see how the Polara's work with a lot of wind and how the work on the green, but that may take a bit of drying out around here. Also, as mentioned by Gus, I'd like to see these on the sim and get some real spin numbers asap. I'll leave this with a shot on the last hole of the day. 150 yards out, straight as a string without a lot of height, yet this ball only rolled about three feet. The PolaraXS ball snuck up close, about 6", lol.

Last edited:
I mean, they only went 200 yards.

You might want to include your regular distance then. Some might not know that is short or long.

Back