What would you do if this happened to you?

DoNDoN

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you always have friends asking you if they can try out your clubs? What do you do if they sky mark the club? I have had this happen to me so many times and it just becomes awkward after you get the club back and you look at your beautiful club with sky marks.

That stinks - it's hard enough when you yourself put a mark on a club - but when you're not even responsible for it - it really stinks. I now only let certain friends game my clubs.

Unless they fix the issue (or at least offer to do something about it) they won't be touching my stuff again.

It happens. No hard feelings. I am gonna put one on there eventually.

I understand you don't want to offend anyone, but you just spent $300 on a brand new driver...you can make a joke of it, "Hey, give me a chance to break it in first!"

I tried my buddies new Cobra at the time (which is now mine) and I put a little tiny sky mark on it. I swear it wasn't me but he seems to think it was so I just go along with it, we kinda joke around about it now. He was mad at the time but it was the smallest thing you could barely see.

I honestly just tell them that there are demo's in the clubhouse. Can't tell you the last time anyone hit any of my clubs. I also don't ask to hit others stuff. Bad idea.

Better them than me, I put a giant skymark on a demo driver once. I offered to buy it but the salesman said it was crummy painting cause it chipped a huge piece of finish off, even though it was taped, I ended up with a completely different club. It is a golf club right. Scratch my truck and there will be trouble though, friend or no.

Better them than me, I put a giant skymark on a demo driver once. I offered to buy it but the salesman said it was crummy painting cause it chipped a huge piece of finish off, even though it was taped, I ended up with a completely different club. It is a golf club right. Scratch my truck and there will be trouble though, friend or no.

+2......LOL

I have a hard time lending anything to anyone. I did let my one friend use my driver off the bat though and it was ok. He's also a pretty good golfer so I wasn't worried. But when my other friend took it next, I was sweating balls.

I tend to only let people hit my clubs that I'm pretty confident will not put a sky mark on them. Avoids the awkwardness afterward.

Ouch that would be tough but if you gave permission, it's something you have to accept.

As long as they don't outhit me a guy can try anything in my bag. If they do I take it right back. Nothing worse than swapping guns at the shooting range and having someone outshoot me with my own piece.

I don't care to share. As long as it don't mess with the performance of the club, it is ok with me.

Nobody ever seems to want to try my clubs. I'm not sure why.

Kevin

Kevin

LMBO...

I actually like letting people try my stuff. I like seeing other peoples reactions to new equipment. Naturally, I want to try theirs in return, though.

It kind of bugs me when it happens also. Actually what I hate is for someone to unhook the cart strap that holds my golf bag on. Then laugh as they fall off on the cart path putting a big dent in my driver! I almost punched the guy. That's just plain wrong!

I only allow people to hit my clubs that have an equal or better skill level than myself so I rarely have to worry about them putting sky marks on my clubs. Even within that group of people its only my friends though so we have a standing rule that if you cause any damage to anothers club your buying beer until the cost of the damage is paid off.

It kind of bugs me when it happens also. Actually what I hate is for someone to unhook the cart strap that holds my golf bag on. Then laugh as they fall off on the cart path putting a big dent in my driver! I almost punched the guy. That's just plain wrong!

Now in that case I think I would have been making the dent a little bigger after I used the club to beat that guy lol.

Kevin

Same here dude. Most people don't ask to hit my equipment.

I would have castrated him. With the damaged driver.

I put those P.U.P.'s (pop up protectors) on my driver and fw woods just in case. They seem to work quite well.

my brother put an enormous skymark on my driver the very first day i got it
luckily he was the one that bought it for me for christmas
but still :sad:

I had a buddy dent the bottom of my brand new (at the time) TM Burner driver. It was my first 'real' club and I was pretty bummed. Didn't say a word to him, though. Stuff happens.

You all just need to start golfing lefty and then no one can borrow your clubs

Back