The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahahaha!

For the record, I'm twice as much fun in person. Or annoying. Depends on your outlook. I'm soooooo excited to hang out with my THP homies again. You are going to be a kid in a freaking candy store, cb. It's impossible to explain until you experience it.

I'm going with the fun. I remember. Although you might not! hehe

I don't know what that is, but I hope you have fun! (I think?)

I've lived in London for a bit of a time and never heard of a stag doo. I've heard of stag parties but I don't think that's what he's talking about.

Dude, I woke up this morning earlier than usual, b/c I'm finding that I can't make it through the night without having to get up to piss, and there's snow on the ground. WTF

I've lived in London for a bit of a time and never heard of a stag doo. I've heard of stag parties but I don't think that's what he's talking about.

Dude, I woke up this morning earlier than usual, b/c I'm finding that I can't make it through the night without having to get up to piss, and there's snow on the ground. WTF

Snow? Even we don't have that anymore. As for the middle of the night bathroom stumble, I'm there with you. Normally, I prefer a nice 2am trip, since I have no problem going back to sleep, but every once in awhile I get the urge about 4am and I never get back to sleep.

I was set to sleep in (till about 515 lol) this morning, but Erica took a shower 30 minutes earlier than normal. I woke up happy, then looked at the clock and also gave a big WTF?????

Hoping to get some golf in this afternoon. Erica and the boy are going to Indiana for the weekend while I paint and this could be my only chance.

Bear Grylls is a real man. Watching the man vs. wild and it's crazy how many things he knows

He might know a lot but his credibility went out the window with me when I learned most of his stuff is staged. Now Les Stroud (Survivorman) is a true naturalist.

Snow? Even we don't have that anymore. As for the middle of the night bathroom stumble, I'm there with you. Normally, I prefer a nice 2am trip, since I have no problem going back to sleep, but every once in awhile I get the urge about 4am and I never get back to sleep.

I was set to sleep in (till about 515 lol) this morning, but Erica took a shower 30 minutes earlier than normal. I woke up happy, then looked at the clock and also gave a big WTF?????

Hoping to get some golf in this afternoon. Erica and the boy are going to Indiana for the weekend while I paint and this could be my only chance.

Nice buddy! Golf, paint, beer, and THP your ass off!

He might know a lot but his credibility went out the window with me when I learned most of his stuff is staged. Now Les Stroud (Survivorman) is a true naturalist.

Yeah but I still will never forget seeing him bite the head off a snake and eat it. I almost puked. At least I think thats what it was.

Yeah but I still will never forget seeing him bite the head off a snake and eat it. I almost puked. At least I think thats what it was.

Yeah, Bear's still a gnarly dude. He is also far more entertaining than that other guy.

If this happened at my house. I would golf a lot and paint not so much. I would only get yelled at a little bit, but it would be worth it for the golf time.

Yeah, Bear's still a gnarly dude. He is also far more entertaining than that other guy.

The dude was special forces he can stage all the wants and still kick all our arses. And I think he is pretty interesting to watch.

The painting is part of a little deal I negotiated, so reneging would be a fatal mistake lol.

If this happened at my house. I would golf a lot and paint not so much. I would only get yelled at a little bit, but it would be worth it for the golf time.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

The dude was special forces he can stage all the wants and still kick all our arses. And I think he is pretty interesting to watch.

Yeah, I know. He got crucified for staging stuff but I don't care. It's tv, he's more entertaining. He eats anything, jumps off anything, swims in anything. I don't watch it at all anymore. If I'm watching tv, it's usually sports.

The painting is part of a little deal I negotiated, so reneging would be a fatal mistake lol.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Hire some high school kid to paint and head to the course! HAHA

Yeah, I know. He got crucified for staging stuff but I don't care. It's tv, he's more entertaining. He eats anything, jumps off anything, swims in anything. I don't watch it at all anymore. If I'm watching tv, it's usually sports.

yeah same here, cant remember the last time I saw him but youre right he will anything anything.

So theres a job opening in the space planning part of the data center team. Right now Im part of the other data center team that installs/fixes the stuff etc. But right now Im what they call a full time contractor. So no bennies for me, no paid time off, no vacation time, no free cable nothing. So naturally Im all over this open position even though its a part of the job that Ive never done. Its a lot to do with power mortgaging which is totally foreign to me. Its looking very good so far as I was contacted by "Kabletown" HR yesterday. Already having worked in the data center gives me the inside track. Hopefully Im making the right move here.

Nice OEM! Hopefully you get the gig, and get a desk job. That would be great for your THP'ing prospects, lol

Best of luck, OEM. Is it like a DBA job?
yeah same here, cant remember the last time I saw him but youre right he will anything anything.

So theres a job opening in the space planning part of the data center team. Right now Im part of the other data center team that installs/fixes the stuff etc. But right now Im what they call a full time contractor. So no bennies for me, no paid time off, no vacation time, no free cable nothing. So naturally Im all over this open position even though its a part of the job that Ive never done. Its a lot to do with power mortgaging which is totally foreign to me. Its looking very good so far as I was contacted by "Kabletown" HR yesterday. Already having worked in the data center gives me the inside track. Hopefully Im making the right move here.

Good luck OEM. Hope you get the gig broski.

Best wishes for the job Kevin, bennies and such are important. If it is not drastically different and something you think you can handle then go for it!!

Thanks dudes. I think it would be a good progression from what Im doing now. Id get to work at all three data center sites in the area and Id get benefits. I havent had benefits in something like 4 years now. When vacation and THP outings come along its killer on the paycheck. Or they make me work 10 hours days to make it up.

Hawk, this is still data center work but Id be the person who assigns servers to their location in the racks. Its a lot more planning and dealing with the different business's of the company. That and making sure the data center doesnt run out of power, always a bad thing. I see it as a good challenge and hopefully a step in the right direction. Plus benefits, finally.

I hope you get it, dude.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

I hope you get it, dude.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Thanks man. I hope so too. Just to have bennies would be huge. Plus going full-time gives me free cable and internet. Big bill gets crossed off the bills list.

Awesome OEM, good luck on the new position. OEM with benefits and more pay will only mean more golf clubs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back