THP Poker Chip Ball Marker Review.

Great review! I really liked it. I thought it was a really cool idea.

I got mine a few weeks ago and love em! I like that its unique and causes others to ask what is it. I then tell them about the site. I have a feeling it wont be so unique at the outing!

I got mine the other day. I have a friend who has big ball makers, like coins from other countries and poker chips. I am going to give him one. I will test one out this weekend, too.

Great review! I really liked it. I thought it was a really cool idea.

Thanks, I had not seen one so I thought it would be different.

Thank you for those kind words about the THP ball markers. They are more of a collectible and the idea behind it is helping this site and being entered in some limited edition contests.

I agree. I also said I more than likely will not use one much on the course as a marker (I play in a tough group) but I did want them as a collectable as well as supporting the site. I will I'm sure use one as a marker from time to time, just not sure it will be everyday. Great item though....

I use mine all the time when i go to play.

You can do that anytime can't you, I could swear I have seen them do it on the PGA Tour. Didn't DLIII get disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard because he forgot that he did that and just replaced his ball where the marker was instead of moving it back to the original spot?

Smallville, you can move your mark anytime during play, tournament or not.

DLIII wasn't DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard, he called a 1 stroke penalty on himself for not putting his ballmark back. What actually happenened was DLIII was waiting to tee off at a hole & asked his playing partners if they could remember if he put his mark back before putting for a birdie on the last hole. They couldn't & neither could the rules official or scorers walking with them. So just to be fair, he assessed the penalty on himself. Come to find out the difference for DLIII winning that weekend was 1 stroke & that win would have gotten him in The Masters. When asked about why he assessed the penalty against himself when no one could remember so really it was "no harm, no foul", DLIII replied that he would rather do the right thing and assess the stroke penalty against himself than to have won the tournament, gotten into the Masters and then won the Masters because he would have had to lie awake for the rest of his life wondering if he had cheated his way into the Masters to win.

I think that says everything anyone would need to know about the type of person DLIII is and the type of golfer we should all want to be.

BTW, I don't use my 2010 THP ballmark because I have a lucky Russian ruble I use. BUT, I love it because it supports my THP family.

DLIII wasn't DQ'd for signing an incorrect scorecard, he called a 1 stroke penalty on himself for not putting his ballmark back. What actually happenened was DLIII was waiting to tee off at a hole & asked his playing partners if they could remember if he put his mark back before putting for a birdie on the last hole. They couldn't & neither could the rules official or scorers walking with them. So just to be fair, he assessed the penalty on himself. Come to find out the difference for DLIII winning that weekend was 1 stroke & that win would have gotten him in The Masters. When asked about why he assessed the penalty against himself when no one could remember so really it was "no harm, no foul", DLIII replied that he would rather do the right thing and assess the stroke penalty against himself than to have won the tournament, gotten into the Masters and then won the Masters because he would have had to lie awake for the rest of his life wondering if he had cheated his way into the Masters to win.

I think that says everything anyone would need to know about the type of person DLIII is and the type of golfer we should all want to be.

BTW, I don't use my 2010 THP ballmark because I have a lucky Russian ruble I use. BUT, I love it because it supports my THP family.

I never knew that story thanks Mary. I've never been a huge DL3 fan but that makes me like him a lot more, that and his new Bridgestone commercials.

Ya JB I just realized the color selection is rather "Canadian" better get some blue chips available!! Hehe

Well I played today and gave two of my partners one each and they love them. We all use the red ones to mark our balls.

This would alleviate any confusion for sure!!

That could prove to cause an issue sooner or later!

Now where do I place my order??

Ya JB I just realized the color selection is rather "Canadian" better get some blue chips available!! Hehe

This would alleviate any confusion for sure!!

Now where do I place my order??

THP store at the top of the page.

First of all I was being facetious. I know that you can move your mark to get it off someone's line any time. Second, you may be right about that one, the one he got disqualifed from wasn't that one but did have to do with putting:

From http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news00/disqualifications.html

1997 Players Championship

In the final round on the 17th hole, Davis Love III accidentally hit his ball on the putting green with a practice stroke. He did not replace the ball, two-putted from there, and scored himself as having made a bogey 4. However, he should have replaced his ball to the original spot before continuing to putt. Not doing so is a one-stroke penalty, and thus his score for the hole was actually a double-bogey 5. Officials found out about the mistake, but unfortunately for Love it was after he signed his scorecard. So instead of finishing T7th, he was disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. The mistake cost Love $105,000 as well as valuable Ryder Cup qualifying points. However, he did go on to make the 1997 U.S. Ryder Cup team.

Second, you may be right about that one, the one he got disqualifed from wasn't that one but did have to do with putting:

From http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news00/disqualifications.html

First, there's a New Yorker cartoon that I love to "quote" about how hard it is to tell tone from posts/emails

There is a dog on a computer replying to a personal ad on a singles site for cats. The caption reads "On the internet no one knows you are a dog".

Guess that's why Ole Gray likes his smileys...

Second, didn't know about that DQ for DLIII. I know he's DQd himself at the old Greensboro event after signing his card when he discovered while on the practice putting green after his round that he had bent his putter sometime during the round and had caused the club to become "non conforming" but not this one.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Shows even the most honest of guys out there still make scorecard mistakes.

I love the chip but I also don't like to mark with anything that size. Nothing wrong with it, just personal preference. Nothing wrong with having and sharing a opinion.

Me too, that's the reason I don't buy one. (And the huge shipping costs for italy)

Back