Srixon Z-Star Fairway Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This just arrived to THP for review and we wanted to get some pictures up for everybody. The driver has been such as huge surprise and hit, and the FW Wood is packed with the same technology that is incredible as well as the Miyazaki Dromos shaft.

1212919399_6X5dN-L-1.jpg

1212920237_B3SRD-L.jpg

1212920007_ojRGA-L-1.jpg

1212919849_8V4yG-L-1.jpg

1212919666_Gh7pT-L-1.jpg

It finally arrived! I know there's a lot of people interested in hearing about that club. Myself included!

Nice looking stick. Every time I see the Dromos I like it more.

Im really looking forward to your thoughts on this. This is one club that has me very interested.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Regular flex? You play a regular flex? Interesting. Hopefully it performs as well as the driver. I would love to start seeing some Srixon in stores though. I can't find their clubs anywhere near me.

I cannot wait to hear everything about this 3w, especially your thoughts on it JB. Thanks for the sneak peek!

I saw this club at the Denver golf expo and have been waiting to see how it compares with the competition.

Looks fantastic!!!! I am interested to hear how it compares to the R11 fairway woods.

• Admin
Regular flex? You play a regular flex? Interesting. Hopefully it performs as well as the driver. I would love to start seeing some Srixon in stores though. I can't find their clubs anywhere near me.

You are assuming I got but one. And yes I play Regular flex in some shafts. Not all shafts are equal and I would play ladies flex if it went further and straighter.

You are assuming I got but one. And yes I play Regular flex in some shafts. Not all shafts are equal and I would play ladies flex if it went further and straighter.

I understand that there is no shaft standard, it just interested me that's all.

And trust me, so would I. I would cut off a finger for an extra 10 yards.

Sharp looking fwy wood. The sheer fact that it comes with that shaft makes it intriguing. Would love to say that I'm pumped to hit it. I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

I smell testing opportunity!

Seriously though, sharp-looking fairway wood right there. How does the Dromos feel as compared to a C. Kua (as like-for-like as possible)?

I smell testing opportunity!

Seriously though, sharp-looking fairway wood right there. How does the Dromos feel as compared to a C. Kua (as like-for-like as possible)?

For those at the THP Demo Day there will be.

As gorgeous as the Driver. Looking forward to your thoughts JB! The Dromos shaft is definitely on my radar.

Great looking club, even better looking shaft. Cant wait to hear if you have the same fondness for it as you do the driver and considering their playing on the same tech I would think the chances are pretty good. May be a tough question to answer but in your opinion how close do you think the shafts in the srixon are playing to thier stated flex as compared to others across the board? For instance would you say their S flex feels stiffer or maybe a little weaker when compared to other OEM standards?

Great looking club, even better looking shaft. Cant wait to hear if you have the same fondness for it as you do the driver and considering their playing on the same tech I would think the chances are pretty good. May be a tough question to answer but in your opinion how close do you think the shafts in the srixon are playing to thier stated flex as compared to others across the board? For instance would you say their S flex feels stiffer or maybe a little weaker when compared to other OEM standards?

Check out some reviews on Miyazaki shafts on THP. I think you will find that you are about to be blown away. There are also a few episodes of THP Radio with them. The INTL Flex Code is just an awesome system for fitting.

Check out some reviews on Miyazaki shafts on THP. I think you will find that you are about to be blown away. There are also a few episodes of THP Radio with them. The INTL Flex Code is just an awesome system for fitting.

Nice thanks for the heads up.

So it looks like an adjustable hosel like the driver, but what about weight adjustments, etc? Just what all can this puppy do? (I know the driver can do darn near everything but swing itself!)

Also, will the same various shaft weight options be available for the FWs?

Very nice, and they made you wait for it so you'd appreciate it more too! lol jk.

So it looks like an adjustable hosel like the driver, but what about weight adjustments, etc? Just what all can this puppy do? (I know the driver can do darn near everything but swing itself!)

Also, will the same various shaft weight options be available for the FWs?

the spec book that I have shows the regular flex at 58 grams and the stiff flex at 59 grams. JB may have more information though.

The hosel has the same adjustments, but there is no weight to be moved or changed.

I have yet to hit the Z-star driver but what I read here about it is enough to make me look forward to it. And now the FW, can't wait to get JB's testing notes!

That's a nice looking 3W. I've been really surprised by a lot of the high-end shafts that are starting to appear as stock in some of the clubs lately.

Ummmm. Hello Long Lost Friend!!!!

FOR THOSE THAT ENJOY THE R9 FW WOOD, READ ON!

Do you remember when you first started hitting the R9 FW Wood and were instantly in love with that impact sound and ball flight? Do you remember how it worked pretty well off the short grass? If you were like me it actually worked a little better than off the tee. Nothing bad off the tee mind you as it was still one of the best FW Woods I ever played. You had great sound, great feel, good ball flight, and everything else one could ask for.

Well what would happen if you had all of that and then added one of the smoothest and best feeling shafts ever made?

You would have the Srixon Z-Star FW Wood.

Now this is only the preliminary test and it was only on the range, but for those that love that R9 FW Wood, I really hope you get a chance to try this one out.

I think he likes it.

Back