TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Fairway Wood Review Thread

Pretty sharp looking 3w...I may have to really consider the 2 new offerings by taylormade this year.

I really like the looks of this club. I am looking forward to hitting it and seeing if it will take a spot in my bag.

I just got my club in the mail today! I will be posting pics ASAP since I am at work now.

I just got my club in the mail today! I will be posting pics ASAP since I am at work now.

Looking forward to your thoughts!

I am not too far from GolferGal and JB so I got my club to test the day after it shipped! These are quick pics with my phone-I will take more. I have ladies 5 wood, 18 degree superfast 2.0. Maybe I can make it to the range tonight.

My initial impressions of how it looks are:
1. Black face: Hot
2. White matte finish top: Not what I am used to, but I think I should hit it before I say if I don't like it.
3. Purple accents: I love purple, and I am even considering getting purple multi comp grips on my irons, so that is good. I do not like clubs that look fru-fru girly, but this one is not bad.
4. Look at address: I like it. Not offset, which I find easier to square up with woods.
5. Grip: Not my personal choice, but I will hit with it on there to review it's performance. It has little flames in it for the texture, which is cool.
6. Graphics on top: Kind of busy.

0ceaf992-6865-2193.jpg

0ceaf992-68ac-23ce.jpg

0ceaf992-68bf-32ad.jpg

0ceaf992-68d7-2b42.jpg

0ceaf992-68f3-6425.jpg

0ceaf992-6926-c524.jpg

0ceaf992-693a-1191.jpg

0ceaf992-694b-a647.jpg

Great pictures! I am really excited to read your thoughts on this club. I had a feeling some of the Florida folks would get their clubs today.

I really like the colors on the women's club. Can't wait for everyones review.

I really like the colors on the women's club. Can't wait for everyones review.

I will get better pics for you to see also. Is there any part you want me to focus on?

Great to hear yours arrived koko. Mine should be here early next week I'm guessing, just in time to know from you how these work, lol. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

sexy lookin 3 wood.. cant wait to see how they compare to the original SF woods

sexy lookin 3 wood.. cant wait to see how they compare to the original SF woods

I keep taking the headcover off and looking at it since it's right next to my desk today. The more I look at it the more I like the matte white finish. It contrasts nicely with the black face. I have not hit an original SF wood, but I will try to hunt one down for comparison.

Just hit the 5wood on the range. A few toppers, left pulls, push rights, and then I hit one dead on. Taylormade woods feel and sound great when you hit the sweet spot! Even the miss hits seemed to roll out well on the range. Good hits when high and far. I'll update with course play later.
I would like to change the grip to match the rest of my clubs if that is allowed. This grip is much smaller and I feel like the club will fling out of hands.

Just hit the 5wood on the range. A few toppers, left pulls, push rights, and then I hit one dead on. Taylormade woods feel and sound great when you hit the sweet spot! Even the miss hits seemed to roll out well on the range. Good hits when high and far. I'll update with course play later.
I would like to change the grip to match the rest of my clubs if that is allowed. This grip is much smaller and I feel like the club will fling out of hands.

Yes, grip changes are allowed.

Great looking stick! Looking forward to the testers reviews coming out soon.

I played the club on course this morning. I hit it off the tee quite a few times since I wanted to get in some extra swings with it. I was really impressed with the performance of the club. It was easy to hit off the tee and from the fairway. I even hit it out of the rough a couple times and the ball didn't come out perfectly, but still went a good distance.
I was a little fearful of the lighter weight club since I usually play men's clubs and I did pull it a few times when I really went after it. (but I do that with my own clubs too).
One really good shot was I backed up to the mens tee on a par 3 into the wind over the water. 165 to the middle and I hit it on the green and it rolled to the back fringe. It was a really good shot on a hard hole. I also got pars on 2 short par 4's that I used it on the tee.
I took it to my favorite golf shop to get a white multi comp on after I played and they wanted to know where I got the club! At the golf shop they asked if i thought that the black face against the white top made it easier to align, and I say yes. Darren and I are going to play 36 tomorrow so I can give more feedback after tomorrow. I also had Darren take a video of me hitting it on one hole-I'll post that after I figure out how to do that.

I played the club on course this morning. I hit it off the tee quite a few times since I wanted to get in some extra swings with it. I was really impressed with the performance of the club. It was easy to hit off the tee and from the fairway. I even hit it out of the rough a couple times and the ball didn't come out perfectly, but still went a good distance.
I was a little fearful of the lighter weight club since I usually play men's clubs and I did pull it a few times when I really went after it. (but I do that with my own clubs too).
One really good shot was I backed up to the mens tee on a par 3 into the wind over the water. 165 to the middle and I hit it on the green and it rolled to the back fringe. It was a really good shot on a hard hole. I also got pars on 2 short par 4's that I used it on the tee.
I took it to my favorite golf shop to get a white multi comp on after I played and they wanted to know where I got the club! At the golf shop they asked if i thought that the black face against the white top made it easier to align, and I say yes. Darren and I are going to play 36 tomorrow so I can give more feedback after tomorrow. I also had Darren take a video of me hitting it on one hole-I'll post that after I figure out how to do that.

Did you find it was easier hitting it off the tee than the fairway?

Great initial write-up! I know the men's SF was much easier to hit off a tee than fairway. Looking forward to your future sessions with it.

Tap before talk.

Did you find it was easier hitting it off the tee than the fairway?

Yes, but I find it easier to hit any fairway wood off the tee than the fairway since there is a little wiggleroom. It does have a pretty shallow face, which some people may not like off the tee, but that does not bother me. I think it is also mental for me that I swing with less fear when the ball is teed up. I can take a pic of the face of this club and compare it to other woods we have here if you like.

The more I think back on my round today, the more I like this club and the results I got with it on the course. I did not shoot well overall (98) but that was not the 5 wood. That was me making other mistakes - too many approach shots into bunkers.

I want to add that I hit the FW more often off the tee than in the fairway on my home courses. I usually play the ladies tees, and I hit my driver far enough that the ball would go through the fairway on a few holes. I only need the 5W for 2nd shots on a couple holes, and that depends on the wind pattern. But if I get more comfortable with this wood, maybe I can use it more in the fairway then the 3 hybrid. I am excited to try it out more.

Last edited:
Yes, but I find it easier to hit any fairway wood off the tee than the fairway since there is a little wiggleroom. It does have a pretty shallow face, which some people may not like off the tee, but that does not bother me. I think it is also mental for me that I swing with less fear when the ball is teed up. I can take a pic of the face of this club and compare it to other woods we have here if you like.

Confidence is the name of the game. Do you feel even more confident with the white matte and black face contract of the club, as most people have been reporting

Confidence is the name of the game. Do you feel even more confident with the white matte and black face contract of the club, as most people have been reporting

I can't say yet. My personal feelings about not liking the white before I got the club may be interfering. I need more pressure shots with the club to make a decision about that. I will report on that for you.

As I mentioned yesterday, my new TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 3 wood arrived yesterday, shortly after I left for work out of state. Talk about quick, I expected it sometime next week and was so excited to get home and see it that I came on home last night. I have to say, I'm really stoked with the white/black/red coloring. These things flat put on a show in your bag, with or without the head cover on. Great new design to the head cover, a little tight the first few times I put it on, but after about 20 times of taking it off to just admire the club its working great.

I can't wait to get out there with this beauty, though we have a cold front slipping through today with rain, wind and sleet scheduled. I hope to get out there tomorrow night after work. My initial impressions are a bit mixed beyond overall looks. Nice low profile, but at setup the shaft may be a tad long for me as the toe of the club comes up just a little. The grip feels a little bit small in diamater, but both of these issues are easily solved. I'll start out stock and see how everything works then go from there.

This should be a great test for me personally as my old R9 3w is one of my favorite clubs in the bag. I'll keep an open mind, but the new SF 2.0 has a tough row to hoe!

P1030803.jpg

P1030802.jpg

P1030799.jpg

P1030795.jpg

P1030798.jpg

Good initial thoughts duey. I think the Superfast is a beast and I'm looking forward to finding out if thie club has what it takes for you.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Great thoughts Duey, its a great looking club to be sure, and the reports on all fronts seem to be that the headcover issues have been resolved which is great. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Good initial thoughts duey. I think the Superfast is a beast and I'm looking forward to finding out if thie club has what it takes for you.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Great thoughts Duey, its a great looking club to be sure, and the reports on all fronts seem to be that the headcover issues have been resolved which is great. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited to get underway with this. The R9 is a straight shooter for me, but I'm leaving a lot of distance on the table with it. I've been wanting to switch shafts soon and see if that helped, but the SF may just take care of the issue. That head cover does work well and I'll use it for a while to keep tabs on the durability, but eventually I'll have to go back to my Daphnies/THP.

Back