My Titleist and TM 3W and Hybrid LM testing results (910F/910H & R11 3W and Rescue)

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
My Titleist and TM 3W and Hybrid LM testing results (910F/910H & R11 3W and Rescue)

I have been waiting to get some solid time with the R11 3W and 18* hybrid. Today, I got that chance. 2.5 hours on the launch monitor at GG (not the simulator). I warmed up and hit 20 shots with the R11 15.5* 3W (stock Blur) wrote down the averages and then hit 20 shots with the 910F 15* 3W (Kali shaft). Didn't think that was a fair comparison so I replicated it again....the results were blatant.

• 2mph more club head speed with 910F
  • 4mph more ball speed with 910F
  • 260rpm less spin with the 910F
  • 13 yards more carry with the 910F
  • 16 yards more total distance with the 910F
  • 4 yards less average deviation from center with 910F
  • Love the look of the Titleist compared to the R11 hands down (and I didn't think this was going to be the case)

Then I moved on to the hybrid testing. I did the same thing with 20 shots with each club over two separate rounds with the launch monitor. The hardest part about this particular comparison is that I LOVE the look of the Titleist 910H. The R11 rescue appears smaller and my confidence level standing over it is much lower. That's what makes the comparison harder. I was comparing the 18* 3 R11 Hybrid and the Titleist 910H 19* (but set to +.75* loft).

• 3mph more club head speed R11 Rescue
  • 3mph more ball speed with R11 Rescue
  • 111rpm more spin with the R11 Rescue
  • 8 yds more carry with R11 Rescue
  • 11 yds more total distance with R11 Rescue
  • 3 yards less average deviation from center with R11 Rescue

As I was having the 910F re-gripped (that decision was simple) I couldn't pull the trigger on the R11 Hybrid. I am a former TM 09 Rescue player as well as a TM guy in general (Burner 2.0's, XFT wedges and SFTP 2.0 driver) so one would think that today's exercise would have been really geared towards selling me on Titleist...I quickly realized that I was going to have to be sold on TM and walked out with a 3W only. My plan is to go back first thing tomorrow morning and go through this again with the pro there to assist. I really like the performance of the R11 Rescue but the confidence I got standing over the 910H was more than just a little. Also, I feel like the 910H will perform better when chipping around the greens just because of the way it sets up so flush with the ground. My gut is saying 910H but the stats say R11. What say you?

Hard numbers are hard numbers.

Are you only limiting yourself to these two hybrids or are there others to test as well.

Hard numbers are hard numbers, no doubt. My issue is that Im not sure that I would take an extra couple of yards standing over a club that doesnt give me tons of confidence. I looked at the Mashie and can't get past how ugly it is. I also looked at the Ping series of 3W's but didnt care for any. I was drawn to the 910F after hitting a buddy's 910F on the course and had never hit a 3W so well. Just love how easy it is to pick off of the deck.

So in the end, for some fitting is not really the thing as much as looks are I guess. I would go with whichever one you want.

You were seeing more yards and better dispersion with one and I am guessing this was off a mat. The numbers will be larger (in many cases) on actual grass.

Nice review! Numbers don't lie. I'm hoping to get to hit the R11 Rescue this weekend... If I remember, i will try a take a photo of my stats on the machine and get them posted on here somewhere. I will look for the right thread to put them on.

I wouldnt say that the data isnt important but that both of these clubs are great performers in general. The bonus is the confidence that it gives the person when standing over the ball. Is confidence from the looks/setup of a club important to you?

I wouldnt say that the data isnt important but that both of these clubs are great performers in general. The bonus is the confidence that it gives the person when standing over the ball. Is confidence from the looks/setup of a club important to you?

No actually. I dont think about thick or thin top lines, wide soles, the look of offset, or anything else. I look at performance numbers. But everybody is different.

I would agree with your numbers Yahtzee.

The 910F is a beast of a fairway and if I didn't like my Cobra so much I would be all over it. Plus, the numbers really backed you up here.

In terms of the hybrid is looks like the R11 is performing numbers wise better for you. As JB said, those numbers for the TM will get even better off the grass instead of matts. I actually like the 910 series quite a bit but I think they blew it with the hybrids in compairison to others. Are they good? Sure. Are they fairly forgiving? Check. Awsome looking? Double check. Numbers wise? Not so much. I found 4 other hybrids that worked better for me both off the matts and the grass.

As you mentioned above though, sometimes the confidence of looking at a club and knowing exactly what will happen is more important then raw numbers. If that's the case here, jump on the 910. If maybe there's some doubt about it I would go back and try again and perhaps add a couple more into the rotation (Mashie, 909 and i15 would be good testers as well).

Good luck!

So when you put your putter in the bag your results were much better with that putter than anything else you tried?

So when you put your putter in the bag your results were much better with that putter than anything else you tried?

They were actually. I found that I was making more putts from that 6-8 foot range than anything else I have reviewed. Its the same with every club in my bag. I used the same putter for years before switching to this one.

Has anyone put the 910F and the 910FD head-to-head on the monitor and if so what was the difference in the results?

if you think about it the extra distance in the r11 shouldn't really matter as the hybrid is mostly about filling yardage gaps. so i ask, does the titleist fit into the yardage gap you need?

Back