TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

my bad, I know its the review thread, I guess I should have just come in here and said that I want one of these. Been looking to replace my hybrid and this is the top on the list.

Right now it's #2 for me on the hybrids list with Mashie being #1. But the adjustability, color, and weighting make it different than the Mashie and will appeal to a lot of people
This sounds like a fantastic club. With all of the buzz from the Mashie, it will be interesting to see where this one places, especially in the mashed minds of the Mashieophiles (such as myself).

I have yet to kit the R11 hybrid, but I would put it right up there with the Mashie as far as my interest in it. I do like the looks of the R11 better and love the adjustability factor. Now just need to see if that translates into a better club.

Just read through this entire thread and I have to say that I am very excited to be testing this club. I haven't hit a Mashie since the Outing and it seems like an entirely different monster compared to my current Nike MachSpeed hybrid. I'm very much looking forward to putting it through it's paces!

Just read through this entire thread and I have to say that I am very excited to be testing this club. I haven't hit a Mashie since the Outing and it seems like an entirely different monster compared to my current Nike MachSpeed hybrid. I'm very much looking forward to putting it through it's paces!

Me too, i cant wait to get it. Ill be comparing it to the 09 Rescue TP with Voodoo so we will see how it stacks up, the RIP is one of my favorite shafts, loved it in my Supertri before i got the R11.

Rescue 11s transform and roll out.

a6cd0cd6-7d06-31a8.jpg

where do you work?

Golf Galaxy.

I should have my Rescue 11 Friday next week so stay tuned for the coming reviews!

Great looking club,is the RIP shaft the stock shaft? I'm not overly fond of the white drivers,but on the smaller fairway and hybrid heads it looks better to me.

I'm pretty excited about the stock shaft here as well. I have never hit it in anything other than a driver. It will be a big part of my test and review.

I'm pretty excited about the stock shaft here as well. I have never hit it in anything other than a driver. It will be a big part of my test and review.

Me too. Looked it up on the Aldila website this morning and it says it is low-mid launch. That's different from what we've been hearing so far. Looking forward to seeing what I can get out of it.

Its seems to be a bit of a lower launching shaft so I will be curious to hear if you guys can get the ball to launch high enough to come down soft on the greens.

this has been the case with almost every shot I've hit with it so far
Its seems to be a bit of a lower launching shaft so I will be curious to hear if you guys can get the ball to launch high enough to come down soft on the greens.

Great looking club,is the RIP shaft the stock shaft? I'm not overly fond of the white drivers,but on the smaller fairway and hybrid heads it looks better to me.

Yup, RIP as stock. I don't remember if it's an Alpha (red eyes) or Gamma (yellow eyes) though

Yup, RIP as stock. I don't remember if it's an Alpha (red eyes) or Gamma (yellow eyes) though

According to the Aldila website, only the Alpha is available as a hybrid shaft.

No eyes in the Rescue 11 though.

1153732855_pqhi5-L-1.jpg

this has been the case with almost every shot I've hit with it so far

Meaning you are able to hit it high and soft or your having difficulty getting it to launch high enough?

Meaning you are able to hit it high and soft or your having difficulty getting it to launch high enough?

The former. Literally every shot is high and soft. Somewhat of a mid-high to high launch but each shot looks almost identical

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

The former. Literally every shot is high and soft. Somewhat of a mid-high to high launch but each shot looks almost identical

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Very good to hear. Thanks for the feedback Hanks.

the alpha is the lowest launch/spin of the bunch, i wouldnt be surprised if its the Beta or Gamma in the Hybrid, cant wait to get mine and start testing it. Love the RIP in the driver so im very excited to play this in a hybrid

Picked up my new rescue 11 TP hybrids and ready to test them this weekend. I will check back in tomorrow and let you know my thoughts.

I hit a few balls with the 3 Rescue TP today and this thing is a BEAST. The feel off the face is incredible and I love the RIP shaft. I am considering getting the 16 degree and not even keeping a wood in my bag.

Good stuff JR. Now I can't wait to go to sleep and wake up to play tomorrow. When I got fitted for these clubs, I was killing the ball with the RIP stiff shaft. 4 hybrid was a little over 200 yards in the launch monitor and very straight. The lofts in the 11 rescue are 1 degree stronger so it will be interesting to see the ball flight and distances... Stay tuned. This is so much fun!
I hit a few balls with the 3 Rescue TP today and this thing is a BEAST. The feel off the face is incredible and I love the RIP shaft. I am considering getting the 16 degree and not even keeping a wood in my bag.

Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts. I do not get mine in the mail til tuesday...I guess I am not sleeping til tuesday. Maybe I should start driving south and just meet it half way :act-up:

Back