just tried the method core and daytona ghost

INgolfer

Internet Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
pending
I was just at my local dicks sporting goods and saw the new method core putters. I was not a big fan of the looks of the original. I also had not tried the daytona ghost putters yet. I had not been a fan of any of the rossa putters, but the ghost putters seemed to roll REALLY nice compared to any TM putter I had tried before. I also thought the method core was a big improvement over the original as far as the looks. It has a nice look from address and I really like the finish. I would have to take my Scotty with me to do some comparisons on a putting green, but if you're looking for a new putter I would recommend checking either of these out.

The only thing I don't like about the new Taylormade putters is that they have names that are letters and numbers combined. Don't give me this Tour Ghost Daytona TA-110 or what ever it is. Nike does the same thing with the Method Core. MC-001i is odd. Just call it the Method Core 1. Make the name of the putter 3 words max.

Method Core Putters
Taylormade 2011 Putters

Maybe you can put your information in those threads that way when searchers find the bigger threads, your information will pop up in there. Im not a mod, but if someone were to search the site for these putters, I bet your information would be valuable to them.

Last edited:
So does scotty, Newport 2, Newport 2.5 ect.. I wish they would just stick to 1 simple name lol

I wasnt aware that they changed anything in the Rossa putters to improve the way they roll. I thought all they changed was the color.

I wasnt aware that they changed anything in the Rossa putters to improve the way they roll. I thought all they changed was the color.

nope, they have different inserts, you have the red agsi, the black agsi +, pure roll, steel agsi(tour only), the composite insert looks like carbon fiber. They have a bunch but the Pure Roll is the newest and in the new Tour Ghost series

nope, they have different inserts, you have the red agsi, the black agsi +, pure roll, steel agsi(tour only), the composite insert looks like carbon fiber. They have a bunch but the Pure Roll is the newest and in the new Tour Ghost series

Nice I would like to give it a roll and see how much of an improved feel I would have over my current which is the red agsi. Thanks for the rundown man.

My favorite is the AGSI Steel tour insert, its simply amazing. I looked for months trying to find one with that insert at a decent price but couldnt. They were all 400-1,000 since they were tour putters

My favorite is the AGSI Steel tour insert, its simply amazing. I looked for months trying to find one with that insert at a decent price but couldnt. They were all 400-1,000 since they were tour putters

So do the regular off the shelf Ghost putters have the black agsi then? Or the pure roll?

So do the regular off the shelf Ghost putters have the black agsi then? Or the pure roll?

The new Tour Ghost Models have the pure roll, last years corza ghost and daytona 1 ghost have the black agsi +

The new Tour Ghost Models have the pure roll, last years corza ghost and daytona 1 ghost have the black agsi +

Alright, thanks man I appreciate the info.

not a problem

I haven't rolled the Ghost line yet, but for what you are paying for them you are getting some really amazing technology for your$$$. I rolled the Method Core recently and it really changed my perception of this line. First of all @ $130 a pop it's a steal and the poly metal insert seemed to help my feel and forward roll. I wasn't a fan of the standard grip, but that could of course be changed. These are two putters that are decently priced for what you are getting.

Right now I roll a Scotty cameron newport 2 but as much as I like the method core I am thinking of making a swap. Anyone think this is stupid? I don't want to jump to any quick decisions.

Last edited:
There is a new version of the Corza Ghost with the pure roll insert

Right now I roll a Scotty cameron newport 2 but as much as I like the method core I am thinking of making a swap. Anyone think this is stupid? I don't want to jump to any quick decisions.

The only thing you need worry about is which one sinks more putts or leaves your second putt closest to the hole. Nothing else matters. Which one breeds that confidence?

Back