Has Golf ever become boring?

4 sons??? Wow, that's what I'm truly waiting for,a time when my son gets older and we can get out and make a regular game on the weekends. Hopefully my daughter will also want to play, which might convince my wife that she should take up the game as well, thenwe can have a regular group.

i gave it up for a few years after high school - my game sucked - couldnt break 100 - sliced evry drive. After time i really missed it - and wanted to get better so i found THP and with the advice of some very smart people here got myself some lessons and new clubs and im loving it!

4 sons??? Wow, that's what I'm truly waiting for,a time when my son gets older and we can get out and make a regular game on the weekends. Hopefully my daughter will also want to play, which might convince my wife that she should take up the game as well, thenwe can have a regular group.

Ya we have a lot of fun. its is expensive to get started with all the golf balls you go through. But they have got a lot better in a short period of time. When we first started it was brutal. have to have a lot of patients

when im watching golf some of those commentators put me to sleeeeep ugggh

It depends on the conditions, but sometimes at the beginning of the year I don't start playing like crazy, mainly because the beginning of the year I encounter so many temp greens. I hate playing temp greens.

Never boring for me. Some of that may be that I don't get to play as much as I'd like, so it's always something I'm looking forward to. Also, I love equipment, the mental challenges of course management, and it's how I met all of you. Can't get bored of that.

Frustrating yes.... Boring NO!

It depends on the conditions, but sometimes at the beginning of the year I don't start playing like crazy, mainly because the beginning of the year I encounter so many temp greens. I hate playing temp greens.

Temp greens do suck, but I'm trying to use this time as practice more than anything. Take a few balls and hit them into the green to work on my game before I have to hit the real thing.

Temp greens do suck, but I'm trying to use this time as practice more than anything. Take a few balls and hit them into the green to work on my game before I have to hit the real thing.

It is a good time for practice as you aren't worried about score. I don't keep score with temp greens in play so it's a lot of pressure free golf to enjoy and get settled in for the year.

I can't say that it has been boring but it can be depressing and frustrating.

I start to get a bit bored with golf every year by October. From April-October every year its golf, golf, golf for me; so I tend to get a bit burnt-out on it after a while. Usually by the time March rolls around Im all cranked up for golf again though.

I wish I was good enough for it to get boring - the thing is every round is different and even if you play a course 1,000 times something will be different every round - whether it is pin placement or your location or shot selection, something is always different.

No. Frustrating, exciting, fun, more frustrating. But not boring. Maybe if I got pars on every hole I would find it boring. That would be awesome.

when you play in high level tournaments, fall short, and say the heck with it.

Nope. How can it be boring when there are such things like John Daly's Pants in the world of golf?

It has never been boring for me (knock on wood) and to me golf becomes more interesting, not fun, but interesting when you have the shanks ot cant hit it well. You try to fix it and that keeps me interested.

i dont really ever get bored, there are too many nuances involved. Frutrated, on the other hand, that happens a fair bit

living in so ny state it will never be boring in that the season is only 7 maybe 8 months which would be fine if I could get out more than sat and sun, also I am not good enough for it to get boring other than being bored with playing bet dbl bogey and bogey golf, this year I expect to get bored of playing bogey golf LOL.

Back