What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 93 and 87 the last two days. Just so glad to be back on the course after being down and out with my back for a while. Dawgdaddy and I both let those GA hills pull our backs out of whack while visiting Seth's home course. I hope your back is getting better now too DD!

Shot 93 and 87 the last two days. Just so glad to be back on the course after being down and out with my back for a while. Dawgdaddy and I both let those GA hills pull our backs out of whack while visiting Seth's home course. I hope your back is getting better now too DD!

i hear ya - i walked 18 today - and carrying all these clubs up hills and across fairways is tough. But it was cart path only - and this place i hit today is terrible if its cart path only so i walked hehe. I wish they had a magic back pain pill.

today was brutal
the seniors took over the course today instead of tomorrow and they play slow
45/47
just couldnt get off the tee at all today... i think my longest drive was 180
leaving me realllly long approach shots
chipping was money today
i was also putting out of my mind... had 9 one putts from everywhere
3triples and 4 doubles didnt bode for a low scoring round
par 3's treated me very well today and i parred all 4 of them

Shot 46 today in some sloppy conditions. Only got in nine because I was drenched and was tired of getting rained on!!! The 910 3 wood has gotta go. I haven't hit a good shot with it yet...seriously not one. That isn't good cause the course I like to play plays loooong!!!

I snuck in 9 holes of par 3 golf before I head to a meeting. Shot a 28! It's nice to be able to swing somewhere other than my basement!!!

Agreed. I'm getting close to four months now without having played a round of golf.

It's scary to go back and have the feeling that you have completely lost all skill you've had. It's like your picking up a club for the first time.

It's scary to go back and have the feeling that you have completely lost all skill you've had. It's like your picking up a club for the first time.
Funny you should say that as I was thinking about that today. Even though I go to the range I'm a bit nervous about going out for the first time after such a long lay off...and I have a tournament at TPC Boston on 4/18.

Funny you should say that as I was thinking about that today. Even though I go to the range I'm a bit nervous about going out for the first time after such a long lay off...and I have a tournament at TPC Boston on 4/18.

Wow that's sudden, at such a great course too. Guess you gotta put in some serious work at the range beforehand.

Shot a 77... on a par 59 course. I was actually playing 2 or 3 balls most of the round, but this is what I scored with the Z-Star. Horrible day with the putter... 37 putts with three 3 putts, all of which were lip-outs. I wasn't releasing the putter head all day.

Played Bay Hill on the simulator. 39/38 77. Best round on the sim so far. Nice thing to be able to do when it's storming outside.

played 9 holes and two balls shot 41 on each ball. one was a yellow Bridgstone e6 and the other was a new Polara. interesting.

48/41
just couldnt get off the tee at all today only one teeshot went where i wanted
everything else was fine but the stupid teeshots were killing me

Walked 18 holes with THP member DonW. Temp greens/tees, so I didn't keep a score and took the chance to hit as many ball as possible. Actually hit the ball pretty well. Had a little streak where I kind of lost it and then realized I was creeping up on the ball and getting handsy like normal. Stepped back, used my big muscles and it went away. That's pretty big for me, b/c in the past I would often just let that ruin my round. Glad to see I was able to see what I was doing wrong. Other best part of the day is my driver was on fire. I only hit one or two duds and hit some pretty long balls for shaggy fairways and cooler temps. In all, a great day and I'm happy to see where I'm at for this early in the season.

Played 9 holes again today. Guess what I shot. YEP same 41. this is getting old. Made a poor club decision on a par 5 and it cost me 2 strokes. tried to hit the mashie over a tree. to no avail.

jeez bogey russ you must play 300 rounds a year! Kinda jealous...lol

41/42 at Webb Memorial. Chipped one in for birdie. Only 2 double bogies but one was on the last hole, which I hate. Only 1 three putt all day. Not a cloud in the sky and 65-70 degrees.

85. At Deer Run in Newport News, VA. Sanded and airated greens, very wet fairways. We made a 2 putt rule so we were really goin for the first one! I don't know about everybody else, but I will certainly be glad to not have to worry about getting mud splatting in my face at 236mph after taking a divot!!

80 @ Hobbs Hole. Greens were just rolled and were quick. They were rolling at 11.5 last week before they were rolled, so I don't know what the stimp is now, but they were fast and smooth. Course was a soggy mess, so we played lift/clean/cheat. Actually, I am surprised I shot an 80 for how bad I was hitting the ball.

Played 45 today:

92 on first round (testing Polara)
84 on second round (33 putts with 2 birdies, 1 lost ball, and 3 in the water)
43 on last 9

Scores are coming down...yippee!!

First Round of the Year and first round since November 12th. I made a 4 hour drive down to souther New Jersey to meet up with forum member golf4life. I have the Taylormade TP MCs in the bag, and I will update that thread with my thoughts after this. Anyway as you would expect for the first round in a few months and after a long drive this morning I came out in bad shape. My first 3 holes I went triple, double, double...OUCH!! It wasn't helpling that on those holes I was hitting nothing but long clubs. Finally on the 4th hole I hit a mid iron shot and things just clicked again. I ended up shooting a 94, which after a horrible start and on a tough course in some strong winds, I was quite happy with. I wasn't expecting to go out and shoot low 80's on day 1. It was a very enjoyable round with g4l. If we did a match play based on scores I would have lost 2 & 1.

I want to throw in that if you ever get the chance to play with golf4life make sure you do it. This was the second time I've teed it up with him and both times have been extremely enjoyable. He has a great outlook on the game and is very positive, even when you are struggling. Tomorrow I am playing with him again and we are meeting forum members Hanks and OEM Kevin. It should be a whole lot of fun.

Nice comeback ddec. I've had the chance to tee up with both of you and it was such a great time. Hopefully tomorrow starts off better!

First Round of the Year and first round since November 12th. I made a 4 hour drive down to souther New Jersey to meet up with forum member golf4life. I have the Taylormade TP MCs in the bag, and I will update that thread with my thoughts after this. Anyway as you would expect for the first round in a few months and after a long drive this morning I came out in bad shape. My first 3 holes I went triple, double, double...OUCH!! It wasn't helpling that on those holes I was hitting nothing but long clubs. Finally on the 4th hole I hit a mid iron shot and things just clicked again. I ended up shooting a 94, which after a horrible start and on a tough course in some strong winds, I was quite happy with. I wasn't expecting to go out and shoot low 80's on day 1. It was a very enjoyable round with g4l. If we did a match play based on scores I would have lost 2 & 1.

I want to throw in that if you ever get the chance to play with golf4life make sure you do it. This was the second time I've teed it up with him and both times have been extremely enjoyable. He has a great outlook on the game and is very positive, even when you are struggling. Tomorrow I am playing with him again and we are meeting forum members Hanks and OEM Kevin. It should be a whole lot of fun.

Nice comeback ddec. I've had the chance to tee up with both of you and it was such a great time. Hopefully tomorrow starts off better!

yeah it was a bad start, but +7 after 3, then it turned in to bogey golf. Pretty happy with how I hit it after those 3 holes.

I went out today and played Tukwet Cayon (Formally PGA SoCal) and had a fair round I would say. The course was set up for a major tournament which was playing behind my group and alot of the pin placements were very challanging to say the least; throw in 10-20mph winds and it was a headache all day. On top of al that, I got talked into playing from the blues with my buddies which was an error in judgement on my behalf and I should of known better but fell to peer pressure. My putter was sketchy all day with several 3 putt holes that should of been 2 putts but I either burned an edge or left it one or two revolutions short ( :angry: ) I learned some more about myself and my game as I continue to try to get myself to be a smarter and better golfer. All totaled I shot a 109 and while it breaks a streak of 5 rounds I was under 100, I am not that worried or upset because I was able to get alot of good information out of the round about my game as a whole as I am now seeing the game differently than I have before and things are falling into place alot easier now then 6-8 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back