TaylorMade Kingdom Experience Diary

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP had a contest recently that is sending 6 golfers for the ULTIMATE fitting in golf all expenses paid to the TaylorMade Kingdom. This thread will serve as the online diary for the 6 golfers to post their thoughts, videos and pictures from their trip.

First up we have Drumdog, Puttin4bird and Dr. Teeth are headed to CA (there in fact) for the extravaganza and will be updating us as they get going.

Lets keep this thread clear of all the "congratulations" and save that for the other thread (contest thread) so we can get some of the great details. Thanks and good luck to our travelers.

Can we get a copy of the itinerary?

Tapatalk makes meetings so much fun.

Here is a copy of our itinerary. We're finished with day 1 and I'm currently uploading a couple of files and I'll get a new post done ASAP. All I can say is WOW, from the second I landed in San Diego I have been just saying WOW....more to come.

Hey Everyone!

First of all, we are looking forward to having all of you here this
weekend. Here is a quick rundown of events:

Friday, March 11

* Arrivals in San Diego

* Transportation will take you from Airport to Aviara
(look for driver with a sign with your name)
* Upon arrival, you are welcome to hang out at the hotel,
eat lunch, or come to TaylorMade headquarters for a tour and a chance to
shop in the employee store

* If you want to come to TaylorMade, please call
my cell after you arrive at Aviara and I will have a car pick you up:

* Early check-in has been requested
* There is a nice pool at hotel

* If you have any questions related to transportation,
please call
* Meet and greet dinner at Argyle Restaurant (at Park
Hyatt Aviara) 7pm. Dress code: golf attire

Saturday, March 12

* Breakfast at TaylorMade Kingdom (no jeans)
* Kingdom experience (8am-12pm)*
* Lunch on golf carts at Aviara (12:45)
* Tee times (1pm)
* Dinner following golf

Sunday, March 13

* Departures to airport

* Transportation will be available to take you to airport
two hours before your flight.

Other Notes:

* Everyone will receive a FLIP video camera. We encourage you to
shoot footage during your stay.
* Legendary teaching instructor Jim Flick to be on-site Saturday.
* TaylorMade will reimburse everyone $50 cash towards luggage fees
and/or airport parking.
* Bring your golf clubs including driver
* Bring windbreaker in preparation for cool evenings and early
mornings
* Bring sunscreen

Any questions? Call my cell if you need to discuss anything. Again,
can't wait to host everyone!

I echo P4Bs words.... WOW! Day one and my mind is blown and we haven't even got to the fitting part yet. P4B is going to post some pics and videos and I need to get to bed because we have an early and long day tomorrow. I do want to take a moment and thank Taylormade Adidas Golf. I spent the day talking to some of the people who run this company and I have to say that I am VERY impressed. This is a top notch company! More to come tomorrow!

Here are some pictures from today, mind you today was just arrival day and getting to know each other.

First this letter was laying out on the bed when we each arrived in our respective rooms, signed by Ryan Palmer, we later found out that yes these are in fact signed and not just photo copied and/or stamped.
DSC05558.jpg

Here is the entire contents of the goodie bags we each had waiting for us, you're kidding me!!!
DSC05538.jpg

After dropping bags and meeting up with Dr. Teeth and Drumdog it was time for the tour.
DSC05539.jpg

I just grabbed some random photos while walking around on the tour. Here is their "putter room".
DSC05540.jpg

I have no idea what this machine does but it looks cool, still in the putter room.
DSC05542.jpg

Just a picture of an employees cubicle, everyone there seems very passionate about their company.
DSC05541.jpg

The sign says it all, a room specifically for tour preferred lines.
DSC05544.jpg

Just a random production floor shot.
DSC05543.jpg

And another...
DSC05545.jpg

The employee cafeteria...great way to watch golf while taking a break from building world class golf gear.
DSC05546.jpg

Here's a pic I thought you'd all like.
DSC05552.jpg

On the way to the employee store they have a history of TaylorMade wall.
DSC05547.jpg

DSC05549.jpg

And the employee store....we were able to shop for a ridiculous discount. Lots of clothes were purchased in here by the trio!
DSC05550.jpg

After the tour we went to a nearby golf course and hit up their driving range. It was pretty relaxed as our TM hosts went and hit some balls and the 3 of us had our own little end of the range. I grabbed a couple of videos.

That's all I've got for now, we have an early morning and we'll have a full day of Kingdom coverage for you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please forgive me if this is a bit long winded, but here goes....

Taylormade Kingdom Day 1

The flight down was uneventful but I did have some trepidation on whether the runway in San Diego was

going to be washed out due to the sunami warnings. Much to my delight, there was solid concrete to

land on when I got there.

The car service was waiting for me at baggage claim and helped me get my bags to the car for the ride

to the resort. The Park Hyatt Aviara resort is a beautiful place and the folks here are fantastic.
I was told at check in that I had been upgraded to a king room with a panoramic view, and she wasn't

lying. The room is fantastic with a wonderful view of a tree filled canyon, with a golf hole running

through it. When I got to the room, I found this waiting for me...

DSC01138.jpg

In the bag was a pair of adiPure shoes, a shirt, belt, sweater, hat, 2 ball mark repair tools, and a

Flip video camera ! The letter that you see is signed by Ryan Palmer and it's no reproduction.

Taylormade had Ryan sign these and then overnighted them back to California from Florida where Ryan

is playing in the WGC-Cadillac Championship.

DSC01139.jpg

After getting settled in the room, I waited to here from P4B and Dr. Teeth. They finally got to their

rooms and then we met for the first time. Both of these guys are great and I can tell already that I

have made 2 more very good friends. We then set off for the tour of the Taylormade HQ. Let me tell

you, I was simply amazed at the place. If you are an equipment junkie like I am, this was heaven. We

then got the opportunity to shop in the employee store onsite. 40% off on everything in the place.

When my wife sees the credit card statement, I'm sure she'll be real happy(insert sacasm here).
I did buy her a couple of hats, so she shouldn't be too upset.
I won't got into too many details of the tour tonight since it's 11pm and I have a 6am wake-up call

to head for the Kingdom tomorrow. The photos I am posting will have some captions. I'll have more

photos, videos and reviews tomorrow and early next week.

Front of Taylormade HQ...

DSC01148.jpg

Tour Lab...

DSC01155.jpg

Dr. Teeth - P4B - our host Charlie

DSC01158.jpg

Putter Central

DSC01156.jpg

Putter heads anyone?

DSC01154.jpg

Clubs galore !

DSC01175.jpg

Gluing station...

DSC01159.jpg

Employee store...

DSC01169.jpg

Inside store...

DSC01171.jpg

Shoes, shoes and more shoes....

DSC01172.jpg

After the tour, we headed over a short distance to The Crossings golf course to try out their driving

range and hit a few balls. Both P4B and Dr. Teeth have some game in them and I'm looking forward to the round of golf tomorrow after the Kindom experience.

We then met for dinner at the Argyle restaurant on the Aviara golf course. That had to be one of the

finest meals I have ever had. Steak was my main course and that place knows how to cook! Along with

Dave and Charlie from Taylormade, Pete, who runs the Kingdom, joined us for dinner. Just another

great guy from Taylormade. So the day is winding down and I want to be at my best for the Kingdom

experience and the round at Aviara, so I will end this for now. There will be alot more to follow in

the next few days.

I think I'm starting to ramble, so I'm cutting this off for tonight.

I can't thank THP, JB, GG and Taylormade enough for this opportunity of a lifetime.
I will never forget this trip. Thank you, thank you, thank you !!

Wow....... (nothing else to say)......

If I ever go to such a place...I'd probably break something from all the awesomeness. That's how my body would react. "This isn't normal, nor is the pain you're about to feel!"

I especially liked the wall with all the history, pretty neat to see the evolution.

Fantastic coverage guys. Thank you for sharing your incredible weekend so far. Have fun today!

I'm speechless here fellas. Fantastic coverage so far, and thank you guys for bringing some great pics and some great videos to us already.

I have to tell you, I was extremely happy for all those that won this contest, and now I'm extremely jealous, haha. Great videos Jake, you're a natural behind the camera.

Well done so far. Have a great day today guys, can't wait to see more of your experiences.

Amazing pics guys! I really feel like I'm there! Fantastic goodie bags and 40% off in the co store? That's an amazing gesture by Taylormade!!! They really are rolling out out the red (white?) carpet for y'all. Can't wait to hear more about the inner guts of the Kingdom

That is just awesome! I have a hard time imagining everything y'all are going through. I don't know if I would be able to contain my self during the tour! I think today is going to be the best day of the whole experience and look forward to your great write-ups.

I'm speechless here fellas. Fantastic coverage so far, and thank you guys for bringing some great pics and some great videos to us already.

I have to tell you, I was extremely happy for all those that won this contest, and now I'm extremely jealous, haha. Great videos Jake, you're a natural behind the camera.

Well done so far. Have a great day today guys, can't wait to see more of your experiences.
You're not kidding there pal, I nearly lunged at Drumdog and destroyed his camera when I saw him snapping our picture in that one shot. Behind the camera is where I belong.

So it's 5:28 am here and I'm wide awake. Have been since around 4 actually, the time change and the excitement for the day to come just would not allow me to sleep another second. I will grab a video of the rooms they put us up in, it is amazing. There is a huge whirlpool in my room so now I think I'll go soak and mentally prepare for the day ahead.

One last quick note from supper, while we were there getting our pleasantries out of the way all the sudden a guy showed up, Pete. He's the head guy at the Kingdom. This guy spoke for about 15 minutes and had each and every one of us completely captivated by every word he spoke. He like every other TaylorMade staff person we've come in contact with just had so much passion for what he was doing, it was really really cool. Dr. Teeth caught part of it on video and I'm sure he'll be posting it. Great stuff!

Its like disney world for adults! WOW!

What an awesome experience. You guys sound like youre having a great time. I almost fell out of my chair with some of those shots of the clubs. Just amazing. I was having a great time reading this thread until P4B said something about soaking in a hot tub. Thanks man lol.

What an awesome experience. You guys sound like youre having a great time. I almost feel out of my chair with some of those shots of the clubs. Just amazing. I was having a great time reading this thread until P4B said something about soaking in a hot tub. Thanks man lol.
Sorry buddy, at least I won't pull a Duey and text you pictures of it!

haha I'll never talk to you again! So did you shoot that video with the new Flip? I want full HD bro! Cant wait to hear how today goes for you guys.

haha I'll never talk to you again! So did you shoot that video with the new Flip? I want full HD bro! Cant wait to hear how today goes for you guys.
No the vids from yesterday were with my Sony digital. Today is all about the Flip though, and we'll get TONS of video today!

Love the pictures and videos. It's like watching kids experience Christmas.

No the vids from yesterday were with my Sony digital. Today is all about the Flip though, and we'll get TONS of video today!

Yes! Man of the people. Bring it.

Great write ups and pics guys, I know you are stoked. I am so ready for next weekend. P4B that silly looking machine is a milling machine, and it looks like like a state of the art model with electronic controls, (who would expect less?). It great to hear that fellow THPers are enjoying each other's company so much. Take it all in and enjoy, looking forward to the coming updates.

Last edited:
Wow! All I can say is wow after seeing the pics.

Man just read through the whole thread, great job guys. That place just looks awesome and I am very jealous but happy for you guys. Am I the only one who thinks Dr. Teeth looks like well a dentist?

Come on, you told me you liked that picture, haha

This is one of the best threads ever. Wow, what a cool trip, you lucky bunch of hackers. Jealous don't even touch this one.

Here is a test of the FLIP camera more than anything, but it's also a look at just how quickly I can trash a room.

Back