TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

For those interested in the sound the R11 makes, was at the range today and noticed the guy next to me was using an older TM (maybe last years Superfast?). Anyways, got the difference of sounds recorded and thought this might help others hear the difference. It really is noticeable!! And yes, love the sound and feel the R11 makes. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmn2LnkcfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For those interested in the sound the R11 makes, was at the range today and noticed the guy next to me was using an older TM (maybe last years Superfast?). Anyways, got the difference of sounds recorded and thought this might help others hear the difference. It really is noticeable!! And yes, love the sound and feel the R11 makes. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmn2LnkcfQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Dude, what a great idea for a video. It really does sound a bit different. Thanks for taking the time to do that for us.

I was hoping my R11 would be here today but it wasn't.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Dude, what a great idea for a video. It really does sound a bit different. Thanks for taking the time to do that for us.

I was hoping my R11 would be here today but it wasn't.

Are you gonna give that Kusala Black shaft a go in the R11 or are you gonna go a different direction with this one?

Are you gonna give that Kusala Black shaft a go in the R11 or are you gonna go a different direction with this one?

I've got this one coming with a Fubuki Alpha 70. But this driver is also 9* so I'm thinking more mid launch in the shaft. I could very well put the black in it but I hope not, as I hope to have other plans for it.

I've got this one coming with a Fubuki Alpha 70. But this driver is also 9* so I'm thinking more mid launch in the shaft. I could very well put the black in it but I hope not, as I hope to have other plans for it.

Nice bro, I really hope your new R11 does you right.

Hey guys just looking for some info on the Fubuki Alpha shafts. I have been searching the net but all I seem to find is the torque ratings and kick point. What I am wondering is how does the Alpha compare to a RIP alpha? Is it a low spin low launch shaft? I see it has a high to mid kick point so this would make it a low to mid launch shaft? Any info you can give me on this shaft in the R11 head would be awesome. i am about to order one to test out but before i pull the trigger I would like to have a little more info on them.

Cheers!!!

Fairway wood shaft?

Fedex just dropped off a beautiful box at casa de TC! Got more errands to run but will get some pics and thoughts up when I get home.

I'm far too excited to be driving.

Fedex just dropped off a beautiful box at casa de TC! Got more errands to run but will get some pics and thoughts up when I get home.

Awesome Dude, can't wait to see it.

That's great...and on a Saturday to boot.

Very cool TC. It will likely take my old UPS dude another week to find my place. I'll have to live through your excitement for the time being.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

All the R11's arriving to everyone means this thread is about to take off with all the updates. Looking forward to it. Hope they work out for all of you! It's one seesy club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my R11, wouldnt change it for anything right NOW lol

Just got home a few minutes ago and this was waiting for me.

DSC_0195.jpg

As always, everything was wonderfully packed and my R11 was snug as a bug in a rug. I had it ripped out of the box in a matter of seconds and I have to tell you, this driver looks better outside than it does inside. The white is killer in the sun. To me it doesn't really make the club that much larger and I absolutely love the contrast between the black face and the white crown. It's a great way to frame the ball, that's for sure.

My driver came equipped w/ the Fubuki Alpha shaft. I'm not all that familiar with the Fubuki but I wanted to give it a whirl. My driver is 9* of loft so I figured that pairing that with a mid launching shaft would be a good combination. I've traditionally always played with a 10.5* driver as I'm one that figures the longer my ball stays in the air, the more distance I will achieve. At any rate, I'm pretty excited about the pairing of the Fubuki with a 9* head.

DSC_0197.jpg

I haven't tinkered at all with any settings as the driver arrived with all the settings on neutral, and that will be a great starting point for me when I unleash the whiteness at the range.

The driver feels great in hand. Nice balance and weighting and it's surprisinly sleak looking for something with a white head on it. There's been a lot of comments on how durable the white will be but I'm more concerned about the black face. Not whether or not it will be durable but will it get littered with ball markings? These are all questions I intend to find out.

Anyway, a couple of more pics:

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

On my way to the golf course to take Ole Gray his R11 3 wood that was sitting by the door. He will be so happy to see me today!

Looks great TC. Looking forward to your thoughts when you hit it. What setup are you going to start with? Just standard across the board to start?

Nice pics TC, looking forward to your thoughts on whether it has paint and performance.

Looks great TC. Looking forward to your thoughts when you hit it. What setup are you going to start with? Just standard across the board to start?

Yeah, I'll start with just standard biggsy. My R9 I have set to 2* open to lower the launch but it is a 10.5* head, so I figure I'll start out at standard and work from there.

Nice TC but whats wrong with your camera? Everything is on the wrong side lol

Great pics brother, very slick looking driver. I cant wait for you to smash some balls with that baby and tells us how that combo is working for you. Congrats on the new stick bro.

Nice TC but whats wrong with your camera? Everything is on the wrong side lol

I borrowed biggsy's, lol

You know, if I had a nickel for everytime I heard that, I'd have a lot of nickels, hahaha.

I borrowed biggsy's, lol

You know, if I had a nickel for everytime I heard that, I'd have a lot of nickels, hahaha.

lol i bet, i couldnt resist though, sorry

I believe I believe!

I just got back from my fitting and seeing the results on professional equipment is eye opening. First he put my current shaft (stock fiujikara in my callaway) in the machine that you clamp it down and he pullel back on the shaft. He couldn't even get a reading as the shaft was all over the place, back and forth, up and down, and everywhere in between. I then tried out the K15, G15, R9 Supertri and the new cleavland lights. AFter a gazillion hits I have settled on the 9.5 R9 Supertri with the voodoo svs6 shaft. The pings I really wanted to like but I had no control and they didn't feel right. The cleveland superlights were right in-line with the R9 supertri (but the one I was swinging had the mastu.. shaft $200 upgrade) but the shaft may have made it close. When he put the voodoo shaft in the same machine it was almost a pefect back and forth motion. It was beautiful to see. I then asked about stock shafts. He finds that Ping has the best and callaway is the worst (which I guess I saw first hand). I then asked about the R11 stock and in his words "horrible". The "X is a really weak X". So, I guess if you are going to spend $400 on a driver you should definetly select a premium shaft.

Great pics brother, very slick looking driver. I cant wait for you to smash some balls with that baby and tells us how that combo is working for you. Congrats on the new stick bro.

Thanks wild man! Taking myself and my little man to the range after his nap/Carolina basketball game. I'll definitely report back. I'm pretty pumped about this driver.

Back